So we gonna ignore Prince getting fouled on his 3pt shot attempt?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Ssj16
Junior
And1: 558

Re: So we gonna ignore Prince getting fouled on his 3pt shot attempt? 

Post#101 » by Ssj16 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:52 am

https://www.si.com/nba/nuggets/nba-admits-missed-call-lakers-nuggets-game-5

"According to the NBA, the only incorrect call or non-call in the final two minutes of Game 5 came with 38 seconds remaining when Austin Reaves should have been called for a loose ball foul on Aaron Gordon's rebound attempt."
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#102 » by art_tatum » Thu May 2, 2024 3:03 am

It's ok it's another moral victory for the lakers. You'll get them in game 6
styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#103 » by styLesdavis » Thu May 2, 2024 4:39 am

I get it. Your team is eliminated and Lakers fans are disappointed.

But never ever in my wildest dreams i would have imagined that we are really talking about IF this last attempt by Prince was a foul or not. Are you kidding me? I never thought someone could be so delusional to find the courage to write that his should have been called a foul. Hilarious.

"Caldwell-Pope (DEN) is in a legally obtained position when Prince's (LAL) momentum causes him to drift forward into Caldwell-Pope as he releases the jump shot attempt." (NBA - last 2 min report)
kveble
Ballboy
And1: 72

Post#104 » by kveble » Thu May 2, 2024 6:31 am

Jokic has been trying this, but the refs don't give them.

BookerBulls
Senior
And1: 419

Post#105 » by BookerBulls » Thu May 2, 2024 8:07 am

Are we going to ignore LeBron travelling before he passes it to Prince when Jokic stepped in his way? Oh that's right - that is another rule that doesn't apply here, because it is LeBron and / or the Lakers.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,666

Post#106 » by nomansland » Thu May 2, 2024 10:24 am

I re-watched the game yesterday and the Lakers got a lot of calls the Nuggets didn't. Even if you think that last shot was fouled (it wasn't, but if), it's hard to argue that the Lakers didn't get a better whistle the entire game.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,702

Post#107 » by Cubbies2120 » Thu May 2, 2024 11:52 am

Ssj16 wrote:https://www.si.com/nba/nuggets/nba-admits-missed-call-lakers-nuggets-game-5

"According to the NBA, the only incorrect call or non-call in the final two minutes of Game 5 came with 38 seconds remaining when Austin Reaves should have been called for a loose ball foul on Aaron Gordon's rebound attempt."

:lol:

"Let it be their team and they'll be pissed!"

Turns out...
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,044

Post#108 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu May 2, 2024 1:12 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
Ssj16 wrote:https://www.si.com/nba/nuggets/nba-admits-missed-call-lakers-nuggets-game-5

:lol:

"Let it be their team and they'll be pissed!"

Turns out...

Ha, you see, refs helped Nuggets after all. After that uncalled foul on Aaron Gordon that would give him 2 free throws, and we all know he is not good free throw shooter, AG passed the ball to Murray for wide open 3. Here you go 1-2 point swing for the Nuggets.
Proof
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,383

Post#109 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu May 2, 2024 1:17 pm

OP's title missed an opportunity for the "finna"
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,577

Post#110 » by Myth » Thu May 2, 2024 1:34 pm

I like the idea of the last 2 minute report, but it seems just as unreliable as the refs on the floor. At this point, I just view it as an extension of the entertainment side of the sport, because it is often laughable that the NBA pretends to be accountable but always adjusting what what is what anyway. Kind of like “marginal contact” became a running joke of the series, and what that means fluctuates all the time, including in the L2M reports. Another example is that us fans can see that LeBron potentially traveled at the end, yet the NBA L2M report doesn’t address it as all, not even to confirm a correct no call.

Return to The General Board