Jokic leading the playoff field in advanced stats

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,672

Re: Jokic leading the playoff field in advanced stats 

Post#41 » by tsherkin » Wed May 1, 2024 12:47 pm

bledredwine wrote:All credit to Jokic. With that being said, it's been a terrible playoffs in terms of franchise level talents playing at their peaks.

Don't know about that. Joker, Ant, Harden, Brunson, Maxey, Kyrie, Lebron and AD, there have been some guys playing really, really well. I suppose it depends on who you label as a "franchise level talent," of course, but still.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,433

Post#42 » by brutalitops » Wed May 1, 2024 12:50 pm

Wrong

NBA player with best offensive rating%-Thanasis
NBA player in finals with best Def rating-Matt Ryan
Per-Jokic
Net Rating-Suns own, Big body David Roddy
Player Impact Estimate-Luka Garza
Assist/Turnover-Pascal
Effective Field goal %+True Shooting-Luka Garza

Jokic is only leading Per

So, Clearly, Luka Garza is winning the Playoff field for advanced stats,

Going to have to say, Jokic is leading the "Advanced stats" in the playoff as much as Thanasis is.

Please apologise and change title of thread, and celebrate the best Luka in the NBA
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Post#43 » by CobraCommander » Wed May 1, 2024 1:00 pm

Best player on best team playing better than everyone else in playoffs barely jumps, barely shows any emotion and has no ego when it comes to who closes the game out -

just does his job better than everyone else consistently in the playoffs by far and -

and annnnddd no one is surprised -

all the other “MVPs” are definitely not looking as good as the actual mvp-

sga is playing pretty good -

edwards is kinda interesting -

Giannis hurt-

Brunson and Luka’s stats are weirdly underwhelming -

Tatum is hit or miss but his team is so good with him it’s hard to take anything away from him when he defers to a hot player- that’s maturity

- Embiid has been playoff Embiid (thank god for Maxey)

and Jokic has been … boring ole jokic - best player on earth by a country mile - best player in playoffs by a country solar system-

Nothing to talk about - he is so good it’s boring - it’s Tim Duncan alllll over again

Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,601

Post#44 » by Alatan » Wed May 1, 2024 4:17 pm

tsherkin wrote:
Alatan wrote:That sounds nice in theory but the Nuggets were really struggling to create with him just doing DHOs and rarely attacking the rim or posting up.

He doesn't apply north-south rim pressure, that has never been his game. And he got like 16 shots in the bottom half of the circle or below in the key in Game 5. He was putting plenty of pressure. I think people often mistake what he's actually doing for what it LOOKS like he's doing because he doesn't do a lot of aggressive, athletic actions, tbh.

Jokic is not an athletic monster, i agree. But i have watched enough Jokics games to know when he is playing with intention and when he is coasting. Last few games he deferred too much to his teammates. In the beginning most thought that he wanted to get his teammates going but after several games of him being passive and the team having trouble getting shots off the opinions changed to something else is up. Maybe he is dealing with some minor injury or pain but he is not playing to his utmost ability.

I just hope he plays more aggressively against the Wolves because if he doesnt, i doubt they can win the series.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,672

Post#45 » by tsherkin » Wed May 1, 2024 4:27 pm

Alatan wrote:Jokic is not an athletic monster, i agree. But i have watched enough Jokics games to know when he is playing with intention and when he is coasting. Last few games he deferred too much to his teammates.

There is purpose behind this.

In the beginning most thought that he wanted to get his teammates going but after several games of him being passive and the team having trouble getting shots off the opinions changed to something else is up. Maybe he is dealing with some minor injury or pain but he is not playing to his utmost ability.

I think he's playing as well as he needs to right now. The postseason is a grind. He's patient and the Nuggets are confident in their ability. I think they're specifically trying to help Murray stop sucking, because they're going to need him later on.

I do agree with you, however, that Jokic will likely need to play a little differently against Minny.

Return to The General Board