Should the NBA Finals be on TNT instead of ESPN? Would you rather see Inside the NBA crew instead of ESPN crew?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,159

Re: Should the NBA Finals be on TNT instead of ESPN? Would you rather see Inside the NBA crew instead of ESPN crew? 

Post#21 » by UcanUwill » Wed May 1, 2024 4:42 pm

I never watch pre or half time shows, not my thing. would like Harlan as commentator, but I don't think there is national US broadcaster that actually bother me, IMO they are all fine. I just hope to get all broadcasts with American commentary, which I am not sure I am about to get. My local commentators, you need to experience some of that if you think Burke or Jackson are bad...
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,482

Re: Should the NBA Finals be on TNT instead of ESPN? Would you rather see Inside the NBA crew instead of ESPN crew? 

Post#22 » by phanman » Wed May 1, 2024 4:45 pm

The pre-game, halftime and post game are definitely better on TNT's side, but the in game product isn't any better with Reggie in place of JJ and Doris. I highly doubt anybody really tunes into the ESPN's coverage of it. It's mostly just SAS or Perk screaming stupid things for 40% of the time + 60% commercials. :roll:

IReggie is annoying as hell and I get that Doris isn't everybody's cup of tea, but the combination of her + JJ is much better than listening to Miller. think the biggest mistake was elevating Doris over RJ. RJ and JJ just have such great chemistry and prior to Doc leaving, the combination of those 2 guys + Ryan Ruocco was amazing. With how great Mike is, I would have seen no issues with him meshing in with those guys and letting them just have fun on the broadcasts.
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,409

Post#23 » by lessthanjake » Wed May 1, 2024 4:53 pm

ESPN’s in-game commentators are fine. I don’t think TNT has an edge there at all (in fact it might be the opposite). It’s the pre-game, half-time, and post-game stuff where ESPN is just incomprehensibly pathetic. It’s like 75% commercials and 25% commentary that is simultaneously incredibly stupid and not at all amusing. It’s genuinely stunning how mailed-in it is.
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,868

Post#24 » by Marrrcuss » Wed May 1, 2024 4:55 pm

So they can bad mouth both teams and tear every player down?

Nah, im good.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,219

Post#25 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed May 1, 2024 5:16 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:I would pay extra for a clean feed of the arena with just the scoreboard and game/fan audio with 0 commentary

They have those on League Pass

I had it thru Amazon and only ever saw home and away broadcast options

Maybe it differs per broadcast but most of the games I've watched have had 5-6 different streams to choose from, including a raw arena feed.
jbsays
Junior
And1: 395

Post#26 » by jbsays » Wed May 1, 2024 5:31 pm

Of course TNT is more entertaining.

I actually liked JVG/Mark Jackson combo though. They way they went at it would remind me of how Steve "Snapper" Jones and Bill Walton would go out it when I was a kid.

EDIT: I've yet to hear any intros done as well as Costas did with NBA on NBC. Those intros would make the games feel like huge events.
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 305

Post#27 » by Slimjimzv » Wed May 1, 2024 6:24 pm

It would be really refreshing if they'd all focus on the basketball teams, basketball players, and basketball plays rather than putting 90% of their energy into promoting their 'takes'. It's not even really their opinions anymore. Just what they think will excite people.
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,069

Post#28 » by Knightfall » Fri May 3, 2024 2:59 am

Well Disney paid up the money so no they shouldn't have it. Also TNT is cable the finals as of now are on basic tv.

Now if TNT coughed up the money it would take then they should get the finals and I'm pretty sure id definitely enjoy that more.
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 587

Post#29 » by Ssj16 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:59 am

TNT all day. Jamal Crawford is also becoming one of my favourite in game analyst.

ESPN pre, half and post game show was horrible last time I watched it. And I was tired of hearing JVG whine all the time.

Return to The General Board