Who dominated who more? Bird vs MJ, or Jokic vs LeBron?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who Dominated Who More?

Bird owned MJ
40%
Jokic owned LeBron
60%

Total votes: 91

jerok
Junior
And1: 595

Who dominated who more? Bird vs MJ, or Jokic vs LeBron? 

Post#1 » by jerok » Wed May 1, 2024 4:26 am

Two GOAT candidates but got dominated at some point during their careers by these guys.

Bird's Celtics beat MJ's Bulls 13 straight times between 1986 - 1987 including 2 playoff sweeps.
Jokic's Nuggets beat LBJ's Lakers 11 straight times between 2022 - 2024 including 2 playoff sweeps (1 gentleman).

Who dominated who more?
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,311

Re: Who dominated who more? Bird vs MJ, or Jokic vs LeBron? 

Post#2 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 4:27 am

Bird owned young Jordan. Jokic is beating grandpa James.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,376

Post#3 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 4:30 am

SNPA wrote:Bird owned young Jordan. Jokic is beating grandpa James.

Not at all just total revisionist history, Jordan was playing 1 on 5 against Bird's stacked Celtics team. Jordan won the scoring title and DPOY in 87-88 he was already the guy he just had no teammates.

Lebron missed the playoffs his first two years since we're going to blame someone for being young and not having any teammates, it's the same type of thing. It's like saying he should have beaten a super team then and won the championship it's just ridiculous.

Bird called him God disguised as Michael Jordan.

This is a troll thread made by a Lebron slurper.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
SweaterBae
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,117

Post#4 » by SweaterBae » Wed May 1, 2024 4:36 am

lol MJ averaged like 38 points a game in those 2 series. HE was the dominant player.
OriginalRed
Sixth Man
And1: 3,023

Post#5 » by OriginalRed » Wed May 1, 2024 4:37 am

Can you really call it domination when Bird called Jordan "God", basically admitting "Yeah, that dude is unstoppable and we're only beating them because we have 5 of the 6 best player in this series"

Lebron doesn't have that excuse. He and has more than enough help to make it competitive against the Nuggets; he's just wearing down by the end of the games and is getting outclutched by Murray and Jokic when it matters most.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 4:40 am

“That wasn't Michael Jordan out there. That was God disguised as Michael Jordan.” - Larry Bird 37 years ago today, a 2nd-year MJ did this in a Playoff loss to the Boston Celtics: 63 PTS (22/41 FG, 0/0 3PT), 6 AST, 5 REB

Yep he really got owned, he should have won that series by himself, says tards. He had more than one drug addict on the team at the time that had to leave the team due to their addiction. :lol:

jerok
Junior

Post#7 » by jerok » Wed May 1, 2024 4:48 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

Not at all just total revisionist history, Jordan was playing 1 on 5 against Bird's stacked Celtics team. Jordan won the scoring title and DPOY in 87-88 he was already the guy he just had no teammates.

Lebron missed the playoffs his first two years since we're going to blame someone for being young and not having any teammates, it's the same type of thing. It's like saying he should have beaten a super team then and won the championship it's just ridiculous.

Na MJ is my GOAT. Grew up watching them Bulls.
But I'm not delusional MJ D rider, Like you. I can acknowledge he had flaws. But you get all in your feelings when facts are presented to you about MJ flaws and failures, and you go into spewing mythical legendary stories. LOL.
Let's do this again, don't shy away now.

ChipotleWest wrote:Lebron missed the playoffs his first two years since we're going to blame someone for being young and not having any teammates, it's the same type of thing. It's like saying he should have beaten a super team then and won the championship it's just ridiculous.
What were Jordan's team records in those early playoffs he made? LOL. Please enlighten us.

13 straight loses happened, just as LeBrons 11 straight loses.
So if LeBron loses 11 straight, he got dominated bad, and we crucify him right?
Jordan loses 13 straight, and he gets a pass? Contradicting much?
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 4:52 am

I've had debates with you before and you are lying right now, MJ is not your GOAT. You know that, and I know that so just drop the act.

Nobody who has MJ as the GOAT obsesses about his 80's losses. He didn't get Scottie until 88 and he was a rookie averaging 8 ppg. He didn't have any great teammates before that, Charles Oakley? Pfff. So I'm on to you just drop the act. Lebron didn't make the playoffs his first two years I don't even care AT ALL, but I only bring that up because it's the same thing you're doing. You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,311

Post#9 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 4:59 am

OriginalRed wrote:Can you really call it domination when Bird called Jordan "God", basically admitting "Yeah, that dude is unstoppable and we're only beating them because we have 5 of the 6 best player in this series"

You can.

;t=0s

I know..YouTube video. This one is good (bias accounted for). It’s a fun ride through their battles.

Start at 6:00 if you have attention issues. It goes from the very first meeting and game through to the last. From baby Jordan to prime Jordan. Bird kicked his ass after the first game for the vast majority of the time.
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,905

Post#10 » by One Last Shot » Wed May 1, 2024 5:00 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

1 on 5? MJ played with 13th leading scorer in the NBA Woolridge and 51st leading scorer Quinley in his rookie year. In his 2nd season, Woolridge is the 19th leading scorer in the NBA. If we compare it this season, Anthony Edwards is the 13th leading scorer in the NBA, Anthony Davis is the 19th leading scorer and Scottie Barnes is the 51st leading scorer. Last season, Jaylen Brown is the 13th leading scorer in the NBA, Julius Randle is the 19th leading scorer and Bam Adebayo is the 51st leading scorer. Are you saying Anthony Edwards, Anthony Davis, Scottie Barnes, Jaylen Brown, Julius and Bam Adebayo didn't help their team with your playing 1 on 5 comment?
SweaterBae
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by SweaterBae » Wed May 1, 2024 5:04 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I've had debates with you before and you are lying right now, MJ is not your GOAT. You know that, and I know that so just drop the act.

Nobody who has MJ as the GOAT obsesses about his 80's losses. He didn't get Scottie until 88 and he was a rookie averaging 8 ppg. He didn't have any great teammates before that, Charles Oakley? Pfff. So I'm on to you just drop the act. Lebron didn't make the playoffs his first two years I don't even care AT ALL, but I only bring that up because it's the same thing you're doing. You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

Apparently George Gervin was on those teams!?
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 5:05 am

One Last Shot wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

1 on 5? MJ played with 13th leading scorer in the NBA Woolridge and 51st leading scorer Quinley in his rookie year. In his 2nd season, Woolridge is the 19th leading scorer in the NBA. If we compare it this season, Anthony Edwards is the 13th leading scorer in the NBA, Anthony Davis is the 19th leading scorer and Scottie Barnes is the 51st leading scorer. Last season, Jaylen Brown is the 13th leading scorer in the NBA, Julius Randle is the 19th leading scorer and Bam Adebayo is the 51st leading scorer. Are you saying Anthony Edwards, Anthony Davis, Scottie Barnes, Jaylen Brown, Julius and Bam Adebayo didn't help their team with your playing 1 on 5 comment?

It's almost as if scoring is not the sole indicator of a good team in the NBA, it's crazy. The Suns had 3 great scorers and just got swept in today's NBA. And you looked up all these scorers because you had to include the "51st best" nobody thinks Bam Adebayo is a great scorer gtfo. You're worse than OP in trashing Jordan.

You Jordan haters OBSESS with the 80's, but he still has more championships than Lebron but then suddenly the 90's is a weak era. You guys just never want to give him a lick of credit. :lol:

I bet you guys weren't even around to see him play, just started with Lebron so he's your favorite. It's really pathetic. Lebron is up there as one of the best all time for me even though I'm not much of a fan. Can you even say that about Jordan? Where do you rank him? 300?

SweaterBae
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by SweaterBae » Wed May 1, 2024 5:13 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
One Last Shot wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

It's almost as if scoring is not the sole indicator of a good team in the NBA, it's crazy. The Suns had 3 great scorers and just got swept in today's NBA. And you looked up all these scorers because you had to include the "51st best" nobody thinks Bam Adebayo is a great scorer gtfo. You're worse than OP in trashing Jordan.

You Jordan haters OBSESS with the 80's, but he still has more championships than Lebron but then suddenly the 90's is a weak era. You guys just never want to give him a lick of credit. :lol:

I bet you guys weren't even around to see him play, just started with Lebron so he's your favorite. It's really pathetic. Lebron is up there as one of the best all time for me even though I'm not much of a fan. Can you even say that about Jordan? Where do you rank him? 300?

He's really comparing Ant and AD to Woolridge. Gotta respect the troll, at least some research was done. I think at this point it's just an IQ issue.
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,908

Post#14 » by jehosafats » Wed May 1, 2024 5:14 am

Lakers got the gentleman's sweep against the Nuggets in the 2020 WCF. Then Denver had 11 straight decisive wins against a Lakers team in full on rebuild mode. And these weren't overwhelming wins for the most part. I would hardly call this "owning."
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 5:16 am

This is the guy he flexed on that Jordan should have won a championship with

Woolridge Admits to Cocaine Problem

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/02/24/sports/woolridge-admits-to-cocaine-problem.html

Yep it's all Jordan's fault.

jerok
Junior

Post#16 » by jerok » Wed May 1, 2024 5:16 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I've had debates with you before and you are lying right now, MJ is not your GOAT. You know that, and I know that so just drop the act.

MJ is my GOAT.
I just love going at delusional people like you. Who thinks MJ is a mythical creature and never had any flaws.

So Orlando Woolridge, averaging 20 a game is forgotten? Thats a fact.
LeBron didn't make playoffs the first couple years, True,
But LeBron's team had better records and missed the playoffs than MJs team who made the playoffs, these are facts.

ChipotleWest wrote:You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

That's true and Jordan always had the best teams, he never got anywhere as an underdog. But he won spectacularly as the favorite.
LeBron brought scrubs to the finals and won as an underdog. He never always had the best team, and failed when he was the favorite.

So I've listed some Facts here about MJ, but I know you'll brush them off and pretend they didn't happen and say "He was god disguised at MJ" LOLs.
Classic delusion.
Like I said when faced with facts about MJ flaws or failures, you brush them off and go back to your mythological stories.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 999

Post#17 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed May 1, 2024 5:16 am

Watch out OP. We've got a modern day Sherlock Holmes on our hands. He's on to you!
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 5:18 am

Yep Jordan should have carried a bunch of drug addicts to a championship.

Preseason, I think we were in Peoria. I was in the hotel. So I’m trying to find my teammates. So, I started knocking on doors. I get to this one door, and I knock on the door, and I can hear someone says, “Sh, sh, sh, some’s outside.” And then you hear this deep voice says, “Who is it?” I says, “MJ.” And then they all say, “Ah, f—, he’s just a rookie. Don’t worry about it. " So, they open up the door. I walk in, and practically the whole team was in there. And it was like, things I’ve never seen in my life, you know, as a young kid. You got your lines over here. You got your weed smokers over here. You got your women over here. So, the first thing I said, “Look, man. I’m out.” Because all I could think about is, if they come and raid this place right about now, I am just as guilty as everybody else that’s in this room. And from that point on, I was more or less on my own.

I enjoyed just hanging out, playing cards, watching movies. You know, I wasn’t going to the clubs.
I don’t smoke. I don’t do lines. I didn’t drink at the time. I was looking just to get some rest, get up and go play.

SweaterBae
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by SweaterBae » Wed May 1, 2024 5:19 am

jerok wrote:

MJ is my GOAT.
I just love going at delusional people like you. Who thinks MJ is a mythical creature and never had any flaws.

But LeBron's team had better records and missed the playoffs than MJs team who made the playoffs, these are facts.

ChipotleWest wrote:You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

That's true and Jordan always had the best teams, he never got anywhere as an underdog. But he won spectacularly as the favorite.
LeBron brought scrubs to the finals and won as an underdog. He never always had the best team, and failed when he was the favorite.

So I've listed some Facts here about MJ, but I know you'll brush them off and pretend they didn't happen and say "He was god disguised at MJ" LOLs.
Classic delusion.
Like I said when faced with facts about MJ flaws or failures, you brush them off and go back to your mythological stories.

Oh boy, you got nailed and now you're embarrassing yourself. Carry on tho. michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gif

The irony is super strong with you talking about delusion.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 5:20 am

jerok wrote:

MJ is my GOAT.

Classic delusion.

Yeah because most people spend 100% of the time criticizing who they think is the GOAT and flexing on someone else who they don't think is the GOAT. You still haven't said a good thing about Jordan except he's your GOAT which makes no sense.

Return to The General Board