Who is going to replace Kawhi Leonard on team USA?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who's it?

Poll ended at Wed May 8, 2024 5:47 am

Paul George
20%
Paolo Banchero
25%
Mikal Bridges
11%
Jalen Brunson
28%
Other (mention in reply)
16%

Total votes: 92

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Re: Who is going to replace Kawhi Leonard on team USA? 

Post#61 » by CobraCommander » Thu May 2, 2024 2:09 am

NZB2323 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
Maybe someone who didn’t promote antisemitism?

he didn't though.

He promoted a movie that said the Holocaust was a lie, that Jewish people were responsible for slavery, and that Jews are impostors and black people are the real people of God.

How does the creator of the film know this? It came to him in a vision.

I’m glad to see that Kyrie is doing better now, both on and off the court, but there are other people who will be picked to represent the United States of America.

No one cares or even thinks kyrie is anti anything - kyrie out here trying to save the whales - he said some dumb crap but ain’t no way in hell this hippie anti anything imo-

oh and my girls favorite player in deni for some reason…
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,240

Post#62 » by SA37 » Thu May 2, 2024 11:16 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:
SA37 wrote:
This.

Jarret Allen, Bobby Portis, Myles Turner, and Evan Mobley would seem to be the obvious candidates. I'd probably go with Turner.

Myles Turner is a great choice, gives you spacing and rim protection. He can't really defend in space but the team USA wings are big and athletic enough where you shouldn't be asking that from your big man anyway.

I think Chet should be the top option as someone who you expect to be on the team for the longhaul while being good enough to contribute a bit now too.

That's a good shout, although I think a bigger body like the guys I mentioned is preferable given the lack of size on the team. Basically, I think the US needs a true center (admittedly, Mobley and Portis don't fit that -- and it is why I almost included Brook Lopez).
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,066

Post#63 » by Knightfall » Thu May 2, 2024 11:44 am

Decipher wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
GSP wrote:That vid of Ty Lue giving Kawhi the Usa jersey and Kawhi even being announced was some of the funniest **** Ive ever seen

there was a 0% chance he was gonna play lmaoooooooooo

If I’m balmer....i void the contract if he plays for USA and can’t play for the clippers

I’d seriously consider trading Embiid for playing in the Olympics if I were the Sixers owner

Owner pays his salary not the USA Olympic team

I'm sure owners around the league would love to make a trade with idiotic owners who have certain mindsets. Just imagine how many of them would be in the ears of players agents and the great image it makes for the players on the team just waiting to to leave in free agency. I'll just say I remember when donald sterling said things like that, usually followed it with saying he owned those players. Walk away laughing. It paints the image itself after that. Especially the Clippers, haha oh man. They're the last team that needs that kind of image hit. I'd have to add in a line like I thought the days of plantation owners in the NBA were gone. I guess not just to make it hit harder. Lol
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 992

Post#64 » by Decipher » Thu May 2, 2024 12:18 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Decipher wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:If I’m balmer....i void the contract if he plays for USA and can’t play for the clippers

I’d seriously consider trading Embiid for playing in the Olympics if I were the Sixers owner

Owner pays his salary not the USA Olympic team

I'm sure owners around the league would love to make a trade with idiotic owners who have certain mindsets. Just imagine how many of them would be in the ears of players agents and the great image it makes for the players on the team just waiting to to leave in free agency. I'll just say I remember when donald sterling said things like that, usually followed it with saying he owned those players. Walk away laughing. It paints the image itself after that. Especially the Clippers, haha oh man. They're the last team that needs that kind of image hit. I'd have to add in a line like I thought the days of plantation owners in the NBA were gone. I guess not just to make it hit harder. Lol

It’s common in many other major sports
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,673

Post#65 » by Michael Jackson » Thu May 2, 2024 12:29 pm

Alex Caruso
SUPERVILLAIN
Analyst
And1: 12,280

Post#66 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Thu May 2, 2024 12:48 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
SUPERVILLAIN wrote:Kawhi Leonard is injured. Again. But I won't raise a question about the playoffs implication his injury. I'm thinking way ahead. I'm thinking the Olympics. It's almost guaranteed that Kawhi is going to skip the Olympics.

Îœore to come I'm sure.
I don't think people understand what it means to play in the Olympics... I just got an email that team USA has already booked two games in mid July in friggin Dubai. This means whoever goes a little deep in the playoffs will have to pretty much go straight from the POs to Team USA camp, to travelling God knows where for exhibition games, to France for the Olympic games probably all the way to the Final, wait until closing ceremonies and media days are all done, back to the US for their team's camp, to a whole new NBA season, with little to no rest in between.

I mean I appreciate that all those American players put their hand up but I'm kinda suspecting a lot of them will remember that something hurts once they realise what it all actually means for their summer.

Facts. Anthony Davis and Joel Embiid are clearly banged up as of now. I don't think those fragile stars are still 100% sure about joining team USA this summer. But on the bright side, Davis is already out of the playoffs. Embiid is likely to follow soon. So they got a long time to rest and heal.

Moreover, the majority of team USA won't go deep in this playoffs. The big dogs are done. Only Jayson Tatum and Jrue Holiday who are likely to play until the Finals. Maybe Anthony Edwards also.
Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,931

Post#67 » by Jadoogar » Thu May 2, 2024 1:15 pm

i think they probably go with Mikal Bridges again. Show him loyalty for playing in the world cup and he's an easier fit than some of these other ball dominant players.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,816

Post#68 » by RoyceDa59 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:19 pm

Scottie Barnes is actually a perfect fit.

He’s got size and length.

Great, willing defender, passer and shooter. Great off the ball player.

He brings youth and energy.

Can play all 5 positions.

He fits every need team USA has at the moment.
Go Raps!!
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,040

Post#69 » by Wingy » Thu May 2, 2024 1:20 pm

SA37 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:
Myles Turner is a great choice, gives you spacing and rim protection. He can't really defend in space but the team USA wings are big and athletic enough where you shouldn't be asking that from your big man anyway.

I think Chet should be the top option as someone who you expect to be on the team for the longhaul while being good enough to contribute a bit now too.

That's a good shout, although I think a bigger body like the guys I mentioned is preferable given the lack of size on the team. Basically, I think the US needs a true center (admittedly, Mobley and Portis don't fit that -- and it is why I almost included Brook Lopez).

I like Chet for future squads, as early as next worlds, but I think more brawn is in order. I actually think BroLo would be a good choice as a depth piece, matchup/situational/insurance player. I’m not banking hard on AD/Embiid’s health.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#70 » by tcheco » Thu May 2, 2024 1:34 pm

Aaron Gordon size and sound defense would be nice honestly, he did a great job on D this last playoffs. Not needing the ball to be effective on offense. But I agree that Embiid and AD being banged up is worrysome, some depth may be needed
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,605

Post#71 » by EmpireFalls » Thu May 2, 2024 1:53 pm

Myles Turner or Jarret Allen. They need a real big.
Ray Donovan
Junior
And1: 165

Post#72 » by Ray Donovan » Thu May 2, 2024 2:19 pm

Good 4 above w/Chet
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,468

Post#73 » by D.Brasco » Thu May 2, 2024 2:23 pm

Draymond. Might see the first war that's emerged from the Olympics.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,040

Post#74 » by Wingy » Thu May 2, 2024 4:09 pm

ShootersShoot wrote:Bridges was a main piece of the world cup team..he started all the games and was second on the team in minutes per game..

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I forgot how much they leaned on him. Basically looks like they asked him to play closer to his Nets role.

I guess what I take exception to is the idea that I originally responded to that you don’t send the Bridges and Harts of the world. While you shouldn’t have them be a top scoring option, that was a flaw with the worlds team, you should absolutely build teams that include players like them.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,327

Post#75 » by ShootersShoot » Thu May 2, 2024 4:45 pm

Wingy wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:Bridges was a main piece of the world cup team..he started all the games and was second on the team in minutes per game..

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I forgot how much they leaned on him. Basically looks like they asked him to play closer to his Nets role.

I guess what I take exception to is the idea that I originally responded to that you don’t send the Bridges and Harts of the world. While you shouldn’t have them be a top scoring option, that was a flaw with the worlds team, you should absolutely build teams that include players like them.

Yea, I think Bridges would be an excellent glue guy for team usa. He really shouldnt be a starter but I agree players like him have a place on the team, such as iguodala and tayshaun prince in past years. For the olympic team, Hart I would only take as a 12th man. I wouldnt want both. I think hart and bridges would be redundant and you certainly arent going to play them together on that stage. Would rather have bridges as he is the better player overall. The talent pool is so much bigger for the olympics that they wouldnt really have a need for a guy like Hart other than an end of bench guy.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#76 » by ForeverTFC » Thu May 2, 2024 4:50 pm

Probably Bridges or PG. But I think they should take a young wing/forward like a Scottie or Paolo. Edwards is the future of USA basketball so getting a few guys aligned to his age to go on the journey with him would be pretty cool. Only player that fits that bill right now is Hali.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,366

Post#77 » by Onus » Thu May 2, 2024 6:06 pm

I think we need a big, get Chet or Mobley
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,145

Post#78 » by UcanUwill » Thu May 2, 2024 6:11 pm

D.Brasco wrote:Draymond. Might see the first war that's emerged from the Olympics.

Knowing ancient Greeks, they probably had war starting cause of Olympics.
swyftdahoe
Senior
And1: 532

Post#79 » by swyftdahoe » Thu May 2, 2024 7:00 pm

Paulo or Chet
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,477

Post#80 » by MrGoat » Thu May 2, 2024 8:03 pm

I wouldn't rule out Kawhi being on team USA and using it as his swan song

Return to The General Board