the eastern conference is carrying the playoffs right now

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,251

the eastern conference is carrying the playoffs right now 

Post#1 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 11:15 am

after all the hype about the west.. it’s the east that’s been more compelling so far.. discuss
BaF
Washington Wizards
Ridicululz
Rookie
And1: 1,712

Re: the eastern conference is carrying the playoffs right now 

Post#2 » by Ridicululz » Wed May 1, 2024 11:20 am

For me the 6ers and Knicks have been the most exciting one to watch so far. Nuggets and Lakers also was pretty exciting just to see how Denver would be able to come back each game lol
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,380

Post#3 » by Godymas » Wed May 1, 2024 11:23 am

well considering only one West series remains and all 4 eastern conference series have yet to finish, yes it the eastern conference is the playoffs right now
FreeBird23
Junior
And1: 1,051

Post#4 » by FreeBird23 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:27 am

Too bad Rozier and Butler are out. Maybe it would be a little more competitive in this series.

The Giannis and Lillard injuries probably help this series to be more interesting...or not. Doc Rivers is the HC, you never know with him.

The Knicks and Orlando series are fun for sure.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#5 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 12:28 pm

Hopefully next year the East gets to stay healthy because there's a lot of good teams in this conference atm. KP, Randle, Giannis, Dame, Spida, Haliburton, Embiid, Butler, all out or significantly less than they were before getting hurt.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,858

Post#6 » by tsherkin » Wed May 1, 2024 12:32 pm

DaGawd wrote:after all the hype about the west.. it’s the east that’s been more compelling so far.. discuss

Really? LA/Denver series was pretty compelling. Minny/Pho series was quick but a fascinating deconstruction. And Harden being unable to miss while Luka looks like dog-ass has been fairly interesting as well...
cgf
RealGM

Post#7 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 12:35 pm

tsherkin wrote:
DaGawd wrote:after all the hype about the west.. it’s the east that’s been more compelling so far.. discuss

Really? LA/Denver series was pretty compelling. Minny/Pho series was quick but a fascinating deconstruction. And Harden being unable to miss while Luka looks like dog-ass has been fairly interesting as well...

Mavs/Clippers has been fun but it just felt like Denver wasn't taking the Lakers seriously, and the other two weren't even close.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,617

Post#8 » by Myth » Wed May 1, 2024 12:36 pm

I thought the West’s hype was more about having more contenders, which they still do. As far as close first round series, i figured they East would be fine. Celtics/Heat was the biggest mismatch, but those 2 facing each other is usually interesting. 76ers/Knicks has been very exciting, and predictably so with a not fully functional Embiid (if he was healthy all season I think this would have been lopsided). Magic/Cavs is really pretty even, but just not a headline grabber and had some blowout make it less compelling, but game 5 was certainly fun. Pacers/Bucks have been an interesting match all season with Bucks the better team but Pacers having their number. Injuries added a different twist to the series.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by tsherkin » Wed May 1, 2024 12:36 pm

cgf wrote:Mavs/Clippers has been fun but it just felt like Denver wasn't taking the Lakers seriously, and the other two weren't even close.

I suppose it depends on what you're hoping to find in the series, right? Different narratives to enjoy if you're looking for them, IMHO.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,072

Post#10 » by Wingy » Wed May 1, 2024 12:40 pm

Title, correct.

Comment, wrong.

The West playoff field has more quality and more depth. That’s not “hype,” just facts.
cgf
RealGM

Post#11 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 12:40 pm

tsherkin wrote:
cgf wrote:Mavs/Clippers has been fun but it just felt like Denver wasn't taking the Lakers seriously, and the other two weren't even close.

I suppose it depends on what you're hoping to find in the series, right? Different narratives to enjoy if you're looking for them, IMHO.

True. I'm generally not the most interested by deconstructions unless the winning team is playing some prime-warriors caliber ball, so the OKC & Minny series didn't really excited me at all.

brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,449

Post#12 » by brutalitops » Wed May 1, 2024 12:42 pm

You sit down and watch the Magic V Cavs and tell me there is a god.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by tsherkin » Wed May 1, 2024 12:45 pm

cgf wrote:True. I'm generally not the most interested by deconstructions unless the winning team is playing some prime-warriors caliber ball, so the OKC & Minny series didn't really excited me at all.

Fair enough. Like I said, it's all about what you're looking for, so it's quite subjective. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Suns get picked apart, and I enjoyed watching the DEN/LAL series because at least Lebron was playing well and AD had some really good nights, too. Plus, it's always fun watching Joker, at least for me. Harden is going HAM, but I'm waiting to see if normalization will occur in-series. Luka's gonna have a big night and Harden won't shoot 50% from 3 forever, so there's a big turnaround potentially around the corner, you know?
cgf
RealGM

Post#14 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 12:48 pm

tsherkin wrote:
cgf wrote:True. I'm generally not the most interested by deconstructions unless the winning team is playing some prime-warriors caliber ball, so the OKC & Minny series didn't really excited me at all.

Fair enough. Like I said, it's all about what you're looking for, so it's quite subjective. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Suns get picked apart, and I enjoyed watching the DEN/LAL series because at least Lebron was playing well and AD had some really good nights, too. Plus, it's always fun watching Joker, at least for me. Harden is going HAM, but I'm waiting to see if normalization will occur in-series. Luka's gonna have a big night and Harden won't shoot 50% from 3 forever, so there's a big turnaround potentially around the corner, you know?

I did enjoy the Lakers series because those games were at least all really close...even if I never really felt like LA was a threat to actually win the series and Denver could end it whenever they got serious.

But Clippers/Mavs is just a fun series.

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,150

Post#15 » by life_saver » Wed May 1, 2024 12:51 pm

Wolves/Suns might have been a sweep but it was a fun series...quality wise, G4 of Sun-Wolves was one of the best in playoffs, it had ridiculous shotmaking
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,658

Post#16 » by jpatrick » Wed May 1, 2024 12:55 pm

I generally agree with this, but it’s because of something that was clear from the regular season although many of us ignored. There are four elite teams in the NBA this year, and three are in the West.

I still think the West is stronger top to bottom. For example, I think the Lakers would be battling for the mantle of second best team in the East. But the Lakers and the other bottom playoff teams can’t compete with those four elite teams.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,445

Post#17 » by robbie84 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:05 pm

I wouldn't say the East is carrying the playoffs. The West has had some great games. Those Nuggs/Lakers games were nailbiters and the Mavs came back from 31 points down to lead the game vs the Clippers and the Clippers somehow hung on to win without Kawahi. Kyrie Irving has put on his big boy pants with Luka's knee giving him grief.

But yes, the meltdowns of both 76ers and Knicks have been fun games to watch and the injuries to Milwaulkee have given the Pacers a legit shot at winning.

Knicks being competitive is always good for basketball, and Brunson is really fun to watch. His supporting cast is pretty B grade other than Anunoby and Hart but the Knicks are playing hardnosed and it's great to watch.

Brunson carrying this team reminds me of Paul Pierce carrying some good but not great Celtics teams in the East in the 2000's. Although if Brunson plays like this for the next few years he'll be considered even greater than Paul Pierce long term.
He's cemented himself as a top 5/8 NBA player at a minimum this season.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by tsherkin » Wed May 1, 2024 1:20 pm

cgf wrote:I did enjoy the Lakers series because those games were at least all really close...even if I never really felt like LA was a threat to actually win the series and Denver could end it whenever they got serious.

But Clippers/Mavs is just a fun series.

That's what I'm saying. I hear you, not every series has been ultra competitive, especially out west where there were a couple of sweeps. But there are things to enjoy regardless.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,219

Post#19 » by Chuck Everett » Wed May 1, 2024 3:12 pm

This is laughable considering the only series this site is talking about regarding the East is the Knicks/Sixers. You guys don't care/talk about anything that's happening in the Bucks/Pacers, Celtics/Heat or Cavs/Magic series. Hell, I doubt most of you are even watching the games. Probably going to YouTube to watch highlights or something like that.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#20 » by OfficialRef » Wed May 1, 2024 3:22 pm

The East is real basketball where coaching schemes, and gritty defense is played.

The West features a bunch of divas running around for uncontested layups and open 3s. If you like old school hoops watch the Eastern conference

Return to The General Board