2 Series Sweeps, 1 Gentleman Sweep. I thought the West is going to be a bloodbath?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,356

Re: 2 Series Sweeps, 1 Gentleman Sweep. I thought the West is going to be a bloodbath? 

Post#21 » by Ritzo » Wed May 1, 2024 6:41 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:If you watched that Denver/LA series and came out thinking that was a snore fest or uninteresting that’s on you.

Okay, maybe exaggerated it too much by using that phrase. But a sweep is a sweep, that's not a close series.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,406

Re: 2 Series Sweeps, 1 Gentleman Sweep. I thought the West is going to be a bloodbath? 

Post#22 » by Klomp » Wed May 1, 2024 6:43 pm

No one who doesn't rely on ESPN/TNT for all of their takes thought that the first round would be a bloodbath. This is where it begins.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,482

Post#23 » by phanman » Wed May 1, 2024 6:59 pm

Klomp wrote:No one who doesn't rely on ESPN/TNT for all of their takes thought that the first round would be a bloodbath. This is where it begins.

There are many people who thought your series vs Phoenix was going to be bloodbath. All of us were proven wrong with how dominant you guys were, but the expectation was there. Especially given how Phoenix dominated you guys in the regular season highlighted by knocking you down into that 3rd seed and locking up the first round matchup in the last game of the season.

The 5 game Denver/LA series was a bloodbath and likewise with the Clippers series. These people who made these claims, weren't wrong man. You don't necessarily need to have a long series to qualify.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#24 » by xdrta+ » Wed May 1, 2024 7:14 pm

A bloodbath isn't defined by how many games a series goes, but by how the games were played, win or lose. A lot of the West games would qualify. Anyone bored by them is just looking at the final scores.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,962

Post#25 » by Anticon » Wed May 1, 2024 7:19 pm

Bleed-Green wrote:
Anticon wrote:Zion injury and the Warriors/Lakers/Suns ended up not being consequential.

Basically the standings were correct. Top 5 in the West was that, 6-10 proved disappointing.

Second round should hopefully be competitive.

I don't think anyone actually expected anything out of those 3 teams

ESPN?
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#26 » by meekrab » Wed May 1, 2024 7:42 pm

I mean, isn't it? Legendary players like LeBron and KD are getting shown the door by the new generation of talent.

Return to The General Board