"I've never seen so many people be so happy to see an athlete fail more than LeBron” - Anthony Edwards

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,928

Re: 

Post#201 » by lakerz12 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:18 pm

chrismikayla wrote:It seems no one has addressed the real elephant in the room: Lebron is outspoken when it comes to social injustice. THIS is the real reason many don’t like him, and they just want him to “shut up and dribble “.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I forgot he did call for retaliation (“you’re next”) on a police officer and the officer was cleared of all wrongdoing and then LeBron deleted the post.

That was a bit unlikeable.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,626

Re: "I've never seen so many people be so happy to see an athlete fail more than LeBron” - Anthony Edwards 

Post#202 » by EmpireFalls » Thu May 2, 2024 6:28 pm

He has easily the most fans AND the most “haters” in the modern NBA by far. The lightning rod of American sports in the 21st century. Interesting legacy to be sure.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,866

Re: Re: 

Post#203 » by Marrrcuss » Thu May 2, 2024 7:43 pm

nikster wrote:
chrismikayla wrote:It seems no one has addressed the real elephant in the room: Lebron is outspoken when it comes to social injustice. THIS is the real reason many don’t like him, and they just want him to “shut up and dribble “.

The Lebron hate peaked after the decision and his 2011 failure, I don't recall him being outspoken at that point on his career

Not sure why so many of you lie so damn much, but it didnt peak then. The peak is definitely now where weirdos wish harm on his kids. It may have ramped up in 2011 but its so far past that now.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#204 » by Marrrcuss » Thu May 2, 2024 7:44 pm

lakerz12 wrote:

I forgot he did call for retaliation (“you’re next”) on a police officer and the officer was cleared of all wrongdoing and then LeBron deleted the post.

I mean, havent heard that brought up in so damn long, i dont think it contributed much. Then again, i can see it making the top 10 of reasons some of you dislike him
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,933

Post#205 » by nikster » Thu May 2, 2024 7:52 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
nikster wrote:

The Lebron hate peaked after the decision and his 2011 failure, I don't recall him being outspoken at that point on his career

Not sure why so many of you lie so damn much, but it didnt peak then. The peak is definitely now where weirdos wish harm on his kids. It may have ramped up in 2011 but its so far past that now.

I meant in terms of overall perception among average NBA fans, there's always gonna be crazy outliers especially among social media nowadays. If you polled people asking their opinion of Lebron, I would bet a lot more people have a favorable opinion of him now than they did back then
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,950

Re: "I've never seen so many people be so happy to see an athlete fail more than LeBron” - Anthony Edwards 

Post#206 » by Uncle Mxy » Thu May 2, 2024 8:00 pm

I was just as happy to see Jordan fall as I was to see LeBron fall.
danvato
Rookie
And1: 1,102

Post#207 » by danvato » Thu May 2, 2024 8:17 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
nikster wrote:

it peaks with the decision. full stop. you're welcome to stick to your wrong opinion though.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#208 » by Marrrcuss » Thu May 2, 2024 8:33 pm

danvato wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
nikster wrote:The Lebron hate peaked after the decision and his 2011 failure, I don't recall him being outspoken at that point on his career

it peaks with the decision. full stop. you're welcome to stick to your wrong opinion though.

Can you even explain why he would be hated for it?
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,928

Post#209 » by lakerz12 » Thu May 2, 2024 8:45 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:

I mean, havent heard that brought up in so damn long, i dont think it contributed much. Then again, i can see it making the top 10 of reasons some of you dislike him

Just pointing out, it's possible that people don't have a problem with LeBron being "outspoken when it comes to social injustice".

Maybe they have a problem with some of his horrible takes, such as that one.

That cop and his family probably got deaths threats from that. But oh well. We are "haters" if we have a problem with it.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,050

Post#210 » by bledredwine » Thu May 2, 2024 10:20 pm

nikster wrote:
bledredwine wrote:1. Quitting multiple times on court
2. Only top ten player who participates in flopping
3. Leaving teams as soon as they couldn't win it all, trying to ring chase
4. Forming teams with other top 10 players
5. Caring more about legacy and stats than team success, and it ha's manifested exactly as it should have.
6. Lives off of his 0-3 foot game (I also couldn't stand Orlando Magic Shaq for this reason)
7. The fans who overrate him and love putting down Kobe, of course.
8. Though related directly to #3/4, the Miami Big 3 was the most cheating move in NBA history, alongside Durant. Then stating "not 6, not 7, not 8" in tandem showed a complete lack of competitive drive, if he's to be considered a fierce competitor, which just isn't. He's not Bird, Wilt, Magic Kobe or Jordan when it comes to that.

3, 4 and 8 are the same thing. Lack of competitive drive is also a funny criticism for a player who has competed at the highest level for this long.
Disliking a playstyle is a interesting reason to hate a player, especially when every all time great big man is in a similar boat of dominating at the rim: Wilt, Duncan, Hakeem, etc... (and Lebrons not even close to any version of Shaq for attempts at the rim).
As is hating him for his fans lol

Funny criticism? Everyone was criticizing him for this reason. The big 3 decision and stating "not 6, not 7, not 8" before playing a game, as if they had already won was proof. Quitting on his team multiple times? Not guarding Kevin Durant in the finals? Wouldn't you consider flopping and checking out on defense indications as well?

How about my signature?

I get it, you're a fan. But he's made plenty of uncompetitive actions and you already know that I'm not the only one who's hated those actions.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#211 » by Lalouie » Thu May 2, 2024 10:45 pm

Kingdibs19 wrote:Full quote: "I've never seen so many people be so happy to see an athlete fail more than LeBron," Edwards said. "His whole career he's been hated on constantly and slandered to no end to the point where when he retires, nobody would have app,,,,,,,

Luka always does as Lebron was his favourite player growing up. Seems like a lot of the young stars in the league regularly give Lebron his flowers. It’s the 30, 40 and 50 year olds that never played ball but grew up on MJ and Kobe that can’t appreciate greatness when they see it because they feel insecure about their childhood hero’s legacy. Unfortunate.

ahhhh, and players are aware of everything.

so it's not just me. the public knows bs when they see it. they make up their own mind about who to worship
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#212 » by picc » Thu May 2, 2024 10:45 pm

I love that someone ITT suggested jealousy is the reason people don't like Lebron, as if all the other NBA players they do like aren't also top 1% in wealth and talent.

People really do switch their brains off when it comes time to defending someone they like. And yes, that also goes for attacking someone they hate, absolutely. But this ain't that.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,933

Post#213 » by nikster » Thu May 2, 2024 10:52 pm

bledredwine wrote:
nikster wrote:
5. Caring more about legacy and stats than team success, and it ha's manifested exactly as it should have.
6. Lives off of his 0-3 foot game (I also couldn't stand Orlando Magic Shaq for this reason)
8. Though related directly to #3/4, the Miami Big 3 was the most cheating move in NBA history, alongside Durant. Then stating "not 6, not 7, not 8" in tandem showed a complete lack of competitive drive, if he's to be considered a fierce competitor, which just isn't. He's not Bird, Wilt, Magic Kobe or Jordan when it comes to that.

3, 4 and 8 are the same thing. Lack of competitive drive is also a funny criticism for a player who has competed at the highest level for this long.
Disliking a playstyle is a interesting reason to hate a player, especially when every all time great big man is in a similar boat of dominating at the rim: Wilt, Duncan, Hakeem, etc... (and Lebrons not even close to any version of Shaq for attempts at the rim).

Funny criticism? Everyone was criticizing him for this reason. The big 3 decision and stating "not 6, not 7, not 8" before playing a game, as if they had already won was proof. Quitting on his team multiple times? Not guarding Kevin Durant in the finals? Wouldn't you consider flopping and checking out on defense indications as well?

How about my signature?

I get it, you're a fan. But he's made plenty of uncompetitive actions and you already know that I'm not the only one who's hated those actions.

Yeah the decision is on black mark on a 20 year career. When did he quit on his team multiple times?
I don't think clutch buckets or guarding Kevin Durant have anything to do with competitive drive.
You don't think playing at an All NBA level for 20+ years requires an insane level of competitive drive?
SportsGuru08
Pro Prospect
And1: 713

Post#214 » by SportsGuru08 » Thu May 2, 2024 11:52 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:
NbaAllDay wrote:What's sad is that people can legitimately hate a player.

Not only that, but hate them for some of the most ridiculous reasons, when the truth is they are often insecure about his status versus past generations.

I've known/know people in my life who hate people they have no contact with and those kinds of people are toxic and never enjoyable to hang around.

You don't have to like someone, but if you have legit hate for a player who for example, said some overzealous things about winning multiple Rings 14 Years ago, then you have far more issues than Lebron.

That's where I stand. It's simply not worth the energy or negative emotions involved in "hating" a player. I can't think of any current players that I actually hate. The only time I could justify that is if the player did something terrible or is an awful person.I get hating somebody like Ray Rice or Karl Malone. But hating somebody that is by all accounts a good person, and somebody that gives back to the community so much? It's just sad and comes across as unhinged. Especially when you dedicate time hating these players on social media/forums.

Intentionally putting an innocent police officer's life in danger because of politics is a very scummy thing to do. Up until then, he was just annoying but that incident exposed his true colors.
JackZZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 647

Post#215 » by JackZZ » Fri May 3, 2024 12:22 am

bledredwine wrote:
nikster wrote:

How about my signature?

Deep inside the core of Lebron's personality, there are 3 things that made him so unlikeable:
1. Narcissism, the whole King and Chosen one thing.
2. Lack of humility, the decision and the Heat "not1, not2, not3, ..." were blatant disrespect towards fans/players/team he left behind. That and it was disrespectful towards everyone moving forward as a Heat back then. The constant self proclaiming #1 Goat is truly not helping either. The excuses when on the receiving end of L.
3. No shame, flopping is literally cheating. The travelling ... Zzz.

He truly earned it tbh. Don't forget he is currently experimenting with Nepotism ... lol.

There is someone in this thread mentioned the reason MJ is so popular is because of propaganda. Rofl, dude is literally kidding himself. As if NBA, Nike, Klutch Sports and whatever sponsors Lebron has don't run enough propaganda for him as The Goat.
Lebron has the age of information (internet/social media) on his arsenal for propaganda, reaching wider audiences more so than the 80s and 90 and yet he never reached the popularity of MJ.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 999

Post#216 » by ScrantonBulls » Fri May 3, 2024 12:36 am

JackZZ wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
nikster wrote:3, 4 and 8 are the same thing. Lack of competitive drive is also a funny criticism for a player who has competed at the highest level for this long.

How about my signature?

Deep inside the core of Lebron's personality, there are 3 things that made him so unlikeable:
2. Lack of humility, the decision and the Heat "not1, not2, not3, ..." were blatant disrespect towards fans/players/team he left behind. That and it was disrespectful towards everyone moving forward as a Heat back then. The constant self proclaiming #1 Goat is truly not helping either. The excuses when on the receiving end of L.

He truly earned it tbh. Don't forget he is currently experimenting with Nepotism ... lol.

There is someone in this thread mentioned the reason MJ is so popular is because of propaganda. Rofl, dude is literally kidding himself. As if NBA, Nike, Klutch Sports and whatever sponsors Lebron has don't run enough propaganda for him as The Goat.
Lebron has the age of information (internet/social media) on his arsenal for propaganda, reaching wider audiences more so than the 80s and 90 and yet he never reach the popularity of MJ.

And the diehard LeBron haters wonder why people think they are so deranged. King and Chosen One were literally nicknames given to him when he was a kid. He got the Chosen One tattoo after the Sports Illustrated article dubbed him "Chosen One" when he was 17 years old.

Your #1 reason is because of a nickname people gave him/tattoo he got when he was 17? And your #2 reason is something inconsequential (aside from all the money he raised from charity for it) he did when he was 26? Boys in their 20s are **** stupid. Teenagers are even more dumber. Imagine hating him for these types of things. Simply deranged.
JackZZ
Pro Prospect

Post#217 » by JackZZ » Fri May 3, 2024 12:43 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
JackZZ wrote:
bledredwine wrote:

How about my signature?

Lebron has the age of information (internet/social media) on his arsenal for propaganda, reaching wider audiences more so than the 80s and 90 and yet he never reach the popularity of MJ.

And the diehard LeBron haters wonder why people think they are so deranged. King and Chosen One were literally nicknames given to him when he was a kid. He got the Chosen One tattoo after the Sports Illustrated article dubbed him "Chosen One" when he was 17 years old.

Your #1 reason is because of a nickname people gave him/tattoo he got when he was 17? And your #2 reason is something inconsequential (aside from all the money he raised from charity for it) he did when he was 26? Boys in their 20s are **** stupid. Teenagers are even more dumber. Imagine hating him for these types of things. Simply deranged.

Dude literally had it tattoo on his back ... lol. His personality is something he accumulated through out his life. The thing is he is still the person he was until today. You only get to say that when his personality actually grew. Besides, which rich guy hasn't done charity lol.
Someone gave him the nickname, he didn't have to absorb it as if it's his personality from the get go. Let alone tattoo it. Let's be honest here, he liked it lol.
All you can do is selectively refute #1. The other 2 are indefensible ...

The whole "derange" thing is nonsensical and pretty much the same thing with throwing the word "hater" around. He is 39, you don't have to make excuses for him. People can judge him for what he is.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 999

Post#218 » by ScrantonBulls » Fri May 3, 2024 12:47 am

JackZZ wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
JackZZ wrote:

Dude literally had it tattoo on his back ... lol. His personality is something he accumulated through out his life. The thing is he is still the person he was until today. You only get to say that when his personality actually grew. Besides, which rich guy hasn't done charity lol.
Someone gave him the nickname, he didn't have to absorb it as if it's his personality from the get go. Let alone tattoo it. Let's be honest here, he liked it lol.

Yeah, when he was 17 years old. You're still knocking him for getting a tattoo when he was 17? That's honestly pathetic.
JackZZ
Pro Prospect

Post#219 » by JackZZ » Fri May 3, 2024 12:51 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
JackZZ wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:And the diehard LeBron haters wonder why people think they are so deranged. King and Chosen One were literally nicknames given to him when he was a kid. He got the Chosen One tattoo after the Sports Illustrated article dubbed him "Chosen One" when he was 17 years old.

Yeah, when he was 17 years old. You're still knocking him for getting a tattoo when he was 17? That's honestly pathetic.

Page me when his personality changes. Imagine, making excuses for 39years old narcissistic diva. :lol: That's even more pathetic.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,897

Post#220 » by Tony15 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:54 am

^People really be proving Ant's point hard lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board