"I've never seen so many people be so happy to see an athlete fail more than LeBron” - Anthony Edwards

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,971

Re: "I've never seen so many people be so happy to see an athlete fail more than LeBron” - Anthony Edwards 

Post#261 » by IG2 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:43 pm

LeBron's crime is that he was good enough pretty much from get-go to either surpass or draw legitimate comparisons to the 2 biggest stars in NBA history. And their fanbases just couldn't deal with it.

There. That's it.That's the reason. Any other reason being provided is utter horse ****.

90% of LeBron hate comes from mind numbingly insecure/envious MJ & Kobe fans. The other 10% are just opportunistic losers who hate on anything that becomes too big.

Btw, :lol: @ anyone saying LeBron hate started with The Decision. Might want to check some nba forum archives pre-2011. Especially some playoff game threads. LeBron was easily NBA's most polarizing athlete long before The Heatles.
SportsGuru08
Rookie
And1: 841

Re: "I've never seen so many people be so happy to see an athlete fail more than LeBron” - Anthony Edwards 

Post#262 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:58 pm

IG2 wrote:LeBron's crime is that he was good enough pretty much from get-go to either surpass or draw legitimate comparisons to the 2 biggest stars in NBA history. And their fanbases just couldn't deal with it.

There. That's it.That's the reason. Any other reason being provided is utter horse ****.

90% of LeBron hate comes from mind numbingly insecure/envious MJ & Kobe fans. The other 10% are just opportunistic losers who hate on anything that becomes too big.

Btw, :lol: @ anyone saying LeBron hate started with The Decision. Might want to check some nba forum archives pre-2011. Especially some playoff game threads. LeBron was easily NBA's most polarizing athlete long before The Heatles.

LeBron is already married. I suggest you pursue someone else.
52-12-7
Senior
And1: 258

Post#263 » by 52-12-7 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:11 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:
You really think you're talking about reasonable dislike? He isn't disliked, he's reviled, and all he ever did was make off putting comments, flop, and say he wants to win alot of championships? That's enough to make people HATE him? Ant Man gets it. He sees how pathetic the internet is when it comes to Lebron. I'll say it again, it's a form of mental illness. I see it on here and twitter a lot. It borders on racial or political hatred.

You know what's not reasonable? Logic like yours only applies when it comes to hating Lebron. There are ton's of Embiid slander threads on GB right now, but not one of you white knights here cry on any of those threads. It's only you irrational lebron fans that cry foul and label everyone "a hater" if they don't like your idol. It's seriously a cult.

It's not even close to the same. You have many accounts that are basically dedicated to hating him here. You have people that hate him for nicknames he was given and a tattoo he got at 17, for saying he will win a bunch of champions when he was 26. Joel has his irrational haters for sure, but the LeBron haters are on another level. It's clinical.

Look at all the deranged posts on here from people that despise him. Lol at you calling the people defending him "cultists". That's rich.

You're right, it's not even close to the same. Embiid's done far less criticize-able things, yet he is getting slandered left and right for being knocked out of playoffs, despite playing through injuries. Everyone is jumping on him including Lebron fans. Now tell me how it's not the same level of hating. You only think it's not the same level because you are obviously biased toward lebron, at a level that is far beyond you can see because you fans are so blinded by it. It is an over the top idolatry and so, yes, it's a cult.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 907

Post#264 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:36 pm

SportsGuru08 wrote:
IG2 wrote:LeBron's crime is that he was good enough pretty much from get-go to either surpass or draw legitimate comparisons to the 2 biggest stars in NBA history. And their fanbases just couldn't deal with it.

LeBron Haters secretly truly love him and can only admit it when nobody is around them lmao

Sorry MJ fans he's better than your favorite player
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
SportsGuru08
Rookie

Post#265 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:42 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:

LeBron Haters secretly truly love him and can only admit it when nobody is around them lmao

Take off your knee pads. He already has several side pieces; Shannon Sharpe, Nick Wright, JJ Redick
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Post#266 » by KembaWalker » Fri May 3, 2024 11:45 pm

Anthony Edwards is well versed in irrational hatred iirc
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#267 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:46 pm

SportsGuru08 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:

Take off your knee pads. He already has several side pieces; Shannon Sharpe, Nick Wright, JJ Redick

The leagues best Guard in the West should also take off his knee pads correct?

Don't get mad that people are walking up to the Media Created MJ legacy lmao
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,698

Post#268 » by Kingdibs19 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:46 pm

SportsGuru08 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:

Hehe Lebron is already married.

Hehe Lebron already has side pieces.

What’s next?

Hehe Lebronsexuals (im guessing)

Every post is something sexual, we’re not in grade 5.
KembaWalker wrote:If you think you need a gun to answer the door, you probably shouldn’t answer the door. Call the police

Re: innocent ex military Roger Fortson gunned down by police at his own house
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,662

Post#269 » by rapstarter » Fri May 3, 2024 11:46 pm

Pre-2010 hate was nowhere close to the level of hate post Decision, and I don't know why LeBron fans are trying to act dumb when we saw the exact same thing happen with Durant, who at one point became the most hated man in the league for doing the exact same thing. And pre-GSW Durant, while mocked often, was not even that hated as a player. People simply don't like superstars who join/create superteams. LeBron hate didn't reach its peak in 2010 because a ring-less LeBron (who had just pulled the lamest FA move in history) was threatening MJ or Kobe's legacy.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#270 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:47 pm

Kingdibs19 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

What’s next?

He secretly has a LeBron Fetish and wears a headband to sleep and screams LeBron James when he finishes
KennerLeaguer
Senior
And1: 59

Post#271 » by KennerLeaguer » Fri May 3, 2024 11:52 pm

52-12-7 wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
52-12-7 wrote:
You know what's not reasonable? Logic like yours only applies when it comes to hating Lebron. There are ton's of Embiid slander threads on GB right now, but not one of you white knights here cry on any of those threads. It's only you irrational lebron fans that cry foul and label everyone "a hater" if they don't like your idol. It's seriously a cult.

It's not even close to the same. You have many accounts that are basically dedicated to hating him here. You have people that hate him for nicknames he was given and a tattoo he got at 17, for saying he will win a bunch of champions when he was 26. Joel has his irrational haters for sure, but the LeBron haters are on another level. It's clinical.

Look at all the deranged posts on here from people that despise him. Lol at you calling the people defending him "cultists". That's rich.

You're right, it's not even close to the same. Embiid's done far less criticize-able things, yet he is getting slandered left and right for being knocked out of playoffs, despite playing through injuries. Everyone is jumping on him including Lebron fans. Now tell me how it's not the same level of hating. You only think it's not the same level because you are obviously biased toward lebron, at a level that is far beyond you can see because you fans are so blinded by it. It is an over the top idolatry and so, yes, it's a cult.

Oh, so you expect people to essentially camp out on this site and address every “evil” that they can find? It would take an eternity to just push back against the LeBron hate alone. Nice try though.

Since you are so concerned with Embiid, I would like to theorize he gets slandered mostly for having the audacity to take away an MVP from Jokic. The hate for him largely occurred through that. I feel it’s unfair. However at the same time I recognize Embiid has yet to accomplish much of anything. He is always hurt (granted he can’t control that), he has yet to get past the second round and he continues to stink it up in the fourth quarter of post season games. Are you actually out here wasting time suggesting that Embiid has a track record that is as worthy as LeBron’s in terms of defending? You can’t be that crazy. Embiid may be the nicest human being on planet Earth but that does not warrant a defense against criticism of his play. And that is the difference : criticism of Embiid is almost exclusively about his on court results; criticism of LeBron tends to be more about off court stuff.
SportsGuru08
Rookie

Post#272 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:53 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

The leagues best Guard in the West should also take off his knee pads correct?

Don't get mad that people are walking up to the Media Created MJ legacy lmao

"Media created legacy" LMFAO! That's pretty rich coming from a Bron stan. Talk about a lack of self-awareness.

Nobody's legacy is more manufactured than LeBron's. If his legacy was so clear, he wouldn't need an army of media shills on his payroll to bend over and make excuses, manufacture narratives over every aspect of his career, or denigrate past eras and players to make him look better.

Sorry, but your guy is a fraud.
SportsGuru08
Rookie

Post#273 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:55 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Kingdibs19 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:

What’s next?

He secretly has a LeBron Fetish and wears a headband to sleep and screams LeBron James when he finishes

So by this logic, that means you're touching yourself to MJ posters every day.
KennerLeaguer
Senior

Post#274 » by KennerLeaguer » Fri May 3, 2024 11:55 pm

Maf wrote:Well this one is tough. As much as I dislike LeBron... Ant´s quote? I am happier to see JoeL fail again again even more...

Back to LeBron- in this thread there were mentioned Jordan and Kobe. I didn´t like Kobe at all first. But as time went I started to really respect him and even cheer for him after achilles. LeBron? No. I still cannot stand him and never will.

You have an easier time rooting for a man who was accused of sexually assaulting a 19;year old girl. That says everything I need to know about you.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#275 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:58 pm

MJ quit multiple times and was a raging alcoholic gambler that punched his innocent teammate Kerr

Pippen never quit on his team unlike MJ
Jordan in a post game Finals interview got asked if he will come back in the 97-98 upcoming season and he answered like a true pussy and said " If Pippen and Phil don't return I'm going to not come back to the Bulls lo

What a weakass and pathetic mindset hahaha especially after winning the championship :)

Pippen had the balls to keep playing after MJ Quit once again in 98 and didn't care about his Winning Records
SportsGuru08
Rookie

Post#276 » by SportsGuru08 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:01 am

LaLover11 wrote:MJ quit multiple times and was a raging alcoholic gambler that punched his innocent teammate Kerr

Jordan in a post game Finals interview got asked if he will come back in the 97-98 upcoming season and he answered like a true pussy and said " If Pippen and Phil don't return I'm going to not come back to the Bulls lo

What a weakass and pathetic mindset hahaha especially after winning the championship :)

Pippen had the balls to keep playing after MJ Quit once again in 98 and didn't care about his Winning Records

And yet he's still more accomplished than LeBron. Which means LeBron is less accomplished than a "quitter."

So if anything, your comment reflects more poorly on LeBron than it does on MJ
SportsGuru08
Rookie

Post#277 » by SportsGuru08 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:07 am

KennerLeaguer wrote:
Maf wrote:Well this one is tough. As much as I dislike LeBron... Ant´s quote? I am happier to see JoeL fail again again even more...

Back to LeBron- in this thread there were mentioned Jordan and Kobe. I didn´t like Kobe at all first. But as time went I started to really respect him and even cheer for him after achilles. LeBron? No. I still cannot stand him and never will.

You have an easier time rooting for a man who was accused of sexually assaulting a 19;year old girl. That says everything I need to know about you.

"Accused" being the key word here.

LeBron provably put an innocent police officer's life in danger because of politics.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#278 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:08 am

SportsGuru08 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:MJ quit multiple times and was a raging alcoholic gambler that punched his innocent teammate Kerr

And yet he's still more accomplished than LeBron. Which means LeBron is less accomplished than a "quitter."

So if anything, your comment reflects more poorly on LeBron than it does on MJ

That's like saying LeBron never making the Finals until he Joined the Curry warriors aka the bulls aka the best team in the League with a great coach, not just a busted up Wade and Finesse Bosh lmao

If LeBron went 6-0 and never joined the Heat and dominated everybody with Curry/Klay/Draymond Warriors as his sidekicks like Pippen/Rodman/Kukoc

That would somehow make him Legacy the best of all the like MJ???? What a dumb and ridiculous idea

I know you're going to say but MJ drafted created his team thru the draft and didn't join teams lol well duh
The NBA gifted him a TOP 75 all time Player in the Draft and also has the Best coach or the era who won with Bulls and Lakers!!!

Sorry LeBron was amazing with a crappy team where the Cavs couldn't draft any good players because he took them to the Finals and then the Playoffs every year unlike Jordan sorry ass getting spanked by the Pistons and Lakers
KennerLeaguer
Senior

Post#279 » by KennerLeaguer » Sat May 4, 2024 12:08 am

bledredwine wrote:
nikster wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
Funny criticism? Everyone was criticizing him for this reason. The big 3 decision and stating "not 6, not 7, not 8" before playing a game, as if they had already won was proof. Quitting on his team multiple times? Not guarding Kevin Durant in the finals? Wouldn't you consider flopping and checking out on defense indications as well?

How about my signature?

I get it, you're a fan. But he's made plenty of uncompetitive actions and you already know that I'm not the only one who's hated those actions.

Yeah the decision is on black mark on a 20 year career. When did he quit on his team multiple times?
I don't think clutch buckets or guarding Kevin Durant have anything to do with competitive drive.
You don't think playing at an All NBA level for 20+ years requires an insane level of competitive drive?

He quit against the Celtics on the Cavs before forming the Heatles. Cleveland was furious- I lived there at the time.
He's also visibly quit on defense often and has quit

Here's a Lebron fan who believes he's GOAT pointing out an example on the lakers, but he's also quit on defense many times and Cleary, if you leave your team for another to ring chase, then you're showing that you're quitting on them as well

It’s laughable when one resorts to countless anti-LeBron YouTube videos to make a point.

The quit narrative has always been unsubstantiated. His numbers in that series were damn good, but people hold him responsible for not averaging 50 points, 20 rebounds and 15 assists I guess. While playing for that version of Cleveland he never had a Pippen or Jamal Murray fall into his lap. There was no other Cav player on those teams who was a constant All Star presence other than LeBron. And then he had to confront the FIRST Big Three when KG and Ray Allen joined PP on the Celtics? With Rondo as the 4th best guy on that Celtics team to boot? Yeah, right. Jordan wouldn’t have gotten past that squad if he didn’t have All Star teammates of his own. Cleveland Cavaliers had the misfortune of having bad management and being a small market team. They were not going to get anywhere. LeBron was good enough to get them close but that meant never being in position to have a high draft pick to help him out. So he left. No bid deal. If folks want to be mad at The Decision they should have saved their ire for ESPN who came up with the idea. Blaming LeBron alone for that is as misguided as blaming Janet Jackson for having her clothes ripped off by Justin Timberlake without pointing any fingers JT’s way.
KennerLeaguer
Senior

Post#280 » by KennerLeaguer » Sat May 4, 2024 12:15 am

ShootersShoot wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:Anti-Lebron hatred is a form of mental illness. A top 2 or 3 player all time, a good human being, and completely hated on by loser do nothings on the internet. It's a reflection of our low truth society.

At the same time, do people have to like him or root for him? I dont hate the guy, but he has made some off putting comments, the decision and flamboyant flopping throughout the years as well..like he just isnt a likeable person to me. Doesnt mean i wish him unwell or harm. I would congratulate him for a wonderful career if I ever had an opportunity to speak with him.. but fans are entitled to not like a player. And I dont think its weird to not like a person even though they are famous and elite at their craft or just because he has a clean criminal record

Have yall really never not liked someone even though they have never committed a crime or never punched anybody? By your logic, we should all like every nba player that has never done a crime and has donated money? What an ignorant mindset

Such a straw man’s argument. No one was stating you had to like or root for him. Instead some of you were called out for your cheap shots at him and your glaring hypocrisy. Most of you can’t even make rational arguments for why he is the off putting bad guy you try so hard to make him out to be.

Return to The General Board