[Twitter] Luka Doncic Has Sprained Knee

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,441

Re: [Twitter] Luka Doncic Has Sprained Knee 

Post#41 » by dygaction » Thu May 2, 2024 7:30 am

picc wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Which matchup was up for grabs and which one wasn't? Are you saying Mavs-Clippers was over? it was 2-2, unless you meant just the closing minutes while Sixers-Knicks was 3-1 before yesterday. I have no idea what you're saying.

I get Donic playing when the match is close, but still staying out there in the final quarter while up 25-30 points is tempting fate in further aggravating an injury. Anyway, not my team, but just seems silly given that the win is already in the books.

Feel like that's a J. Kidd blunder. He makes questionable decisions all the time so not surprised.

Nowadays 15 points lead is not safe. Luka was +10 playing 45 min but the team lost by 5 last game, meaning the team lost 15 in that 3 min span. To Kidd, he might be thinking that it is safer to stay a little bit longer to make sure the momentum is also dying out.
styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#42 » by styLesdavis » Thu May 2, 2024 8:06 am

To be fair: i was perfectly fine with Luka starting the 4th quarter while being up by 20. Its just important to start the quarter the right way. The moment when the game was over was either after Lukas three with 8 minutes to play (97:72) or after Kyrie made a jumper with 7,5 minutes left and the Clippers took a time-out and benched Harden and Zubac. Luka played two more minutes and subbed out at 5:39 left.

So. There is only a "difference" of 2 minutes between "the game was over" and "Kidd subbed Luka out". Should this really be an issue?
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,807

Post#43 » by LordCovington33 » Thu May 2, 2024 8:12 am

dygaction wrote:
picc wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:I get Donic playing when the match is close, but still staying out there in the final quarter while up 25-30 points is tempting fate in further aggravating an injury. Anyway, not my team, but just seems silly given that the win is already in the books.

Feel like that's a J. Kidd blunder. He makes questionable decisions all the time so not surprised.

Nowadays 15 points lead is not safe. Luka was +10 playing 45 min but the team lost by 5 last game, meaning the team lost 15 in that 3 min span. To Kidd, he might be thinking that it is safer to stay a little bit longer to make sure the momentum is also dying out.

They had already subbed out Harden and Zubac (around 7:30) - up 27 points. He should have been subbed out at that moment if not sooner. They had already thrown in the towel at that point, and only kept Irving on. Irving was subbed out a minute later. But he played for an extra minute. Anyway, on to Game 6.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,176

Post#44 » by druggas » Thu May 2, 2024 12:44 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:The NBA is desperate to make him one of the new faces of the league. What better way than for Luka to have his "flu game"? I've said it all along, there's very little chance the league will allow Luka to lose this series. All of this theater is just to build up his legend. There's not much that I'd find more shocking than if the Mavs lost this series. If I was a betting man I'd have bet my house on the Mavs winning this series. That's how convinced I am that this league is rigged and Luka is to be the next Golden Child

Then I suggest you bet your house. You're so sure.

Return to The General Board