[Twitter] Luka Doncic Has Sprained Knee

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mephariel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,675

Re: [Twitter] Luka Doncic Has Sprained Knee 

Post#21 » by Mephariel » Thu May 2, 2024 2:43 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:The NBA is desperate to make him one of the new faces of the league. What better way than for Luka to have his "flu game"? I've said it all along, there's very little chance the league will allow Luka to lose this series. All of this theater is just to build up his legend. There's not much that I'd find more shocking than if the Mavs lost this series. If I was a betting man I'd have bet my house on the Mavs winning this series. That's how convinced I am that this league is rigged and Luka is to be the next Golden Child

Why are they desperate to make him one of the new faces? What would happen if he isn't one of the new faces? The NBA will fold or something?
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,409

Post#22 » by CodeBreaker » Thu May 2, 2024 3:00 am

Mephariel wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:The NBA is desperate to make him one of the new faces of the league. What better way than for Luka to have his "flu game"? I've said it all along, there's very little chance the league will allow Luka to lose this series. All of this theater is just to build up his legend. There's not much that I'd find more shocking than if the Mavs lost this series. If I was a betting man I'd have bet my house on the Mavs winning this series. That's how convinced I am that this league is rigged and Luka is to be the next Golden Child

Why are they desperate to make him one of the new faces? What would happen if he isn't one of the new faces? The NBA will fold or something?

Cos Luka is a son of a god, or something?
Handlez
Junior
And1: 512

Post#23 » by Handlez » Thu May 2, 2024 4:32 am

You gotta put that stuff down man. It isn’t worth it.
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#24 » by picc » Thu May 2, 2024 4:39 am

Handlez wrote:

You gotta put that stuff down man. It isn’t worth it.

Dude is unhinged. He better have a story about Luka cheating on his sister or something. :lol:
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,364

Post#25 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 4:45 am

Mephariel wrote:

They want them ratings from the Slovenian casuals obviously.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#26 » by styLesdavis » Thu May 2, 2024 4:47 am

Do you know what is better than "opinions"? Facts.

So why don`t you just post some facts from the series where you see plays where the league "made sure" that the Mavs advance?
In a series where Luka shoots less free throws in more playing minutes while shooting more FG attempts.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,040

Post#27 » by FarBeyondDriven » Thu May 2, 2024 5:17 am

shocker, Mavs dominated. If only this wasn't the obvious outcome
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 5:28 am

Mavs lose: Damn Luka sucks what a bum most overrated player ever
Mavs win: The league is rigged for Luka to win this series

Sounds like jealousy and hate to me.

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,807

Post#29 » by LordCovington33 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:32 am

Why did he play 39 minutes in a blowout if he’s injured?
picc
RealGM

Post#30 » by picc » Thu May 2, 2024 5:33 am

LordCovington33 wrote:Why did he play 39 minutes in a blowout if he’s injured?

Why is Joel Embiid playing regulation + OT minutes when he can barely walk? Maybe he's not really hurt?

Don't throw stones. Players play through injuries all the time.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by LordCovington33 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:43 am

picc wrote:

Why is Joel Embiid playing regulation + OT minutes when he can barely walk? Maybe he's not really hurt?

A classic switcharoo… congrats
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 5:45 am

If it were Embiid I'm guessing you'd say "heart and determination" :noway:

picc
RealGM

Post#33 » by picc » Thu May 2, 2024 5:45 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
picc wrote:

A classic switcharoo… congrats

Its all in the game.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by LordCovington33 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:47 am

Not suggesting he isn’t injured, but if I were a fan of the Mavs, I’d be wondering why he’s still out of here when their team has a massive lead.

If you’re referring to Embiid playing all of the second half while injured, what a silly comparison. The match is still up for grabs, while the other wasn’t.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 5:51 am

LordCovington33 wrote:Not suggesting he isn’t injured, but if I were a fan of the Mavs, I’d be wondering why he’s still out of here when their team has a massive lead.

If you’re referring to Embiid playing all of the second half while injured, what a silly comparison. The match is still up for grabs, while the other wasn’t.

Which matchup was up for grabs and which one wasn't? Are you saying Mavs-Clippers was over? it was 2-2, unless you meant just the closing minutes while Sixers-Knicks was 3-1 before yesterday. I have no idea what you're saying.

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by LordCovington33 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:56 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:Not suggesting he isn’t injured, but if I were a fan of the Mavs, I’d be wondering why he’s still out of here when their team has a massive lead.

Which matchup was up for grabs and which one wasn't? Are you saying Mavs-Clippers was over? it was 2-2, unless you meant just the closing minutes while Sixers-Knicks was 3-1 before yesterday. I have no idea what you're saying.

I get Donic playing when the match is close, but still staying out there in the final quarter while up 25-30 points is tempting fate in further aggravating an injury. Anyway, not my team, but just seems silly given that the win is already in the books.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 2, 2024 5:57 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

I get Donic playing when the match is close, but still staying out there in the final quarter while up 25-30 points is tempting fate in further aggravating an injury. Anyway, not my team, but just seems silly given that the win is already in the books.

Well I agree there, Kidd does dumb things more often than not that's just another one of them.

picc
RealGM

Post#38 » by picc » Thu May 2, 2024 6:00 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Feel like that's a J. Kidd blunder. He makes questionable decisions all the time so not surprised.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,518

Post#39 » by Ambrose » Thu May 2, 2024 6:05 am

The Clippers made a little mini run at the end of the 3rd, he played long enough to extend the lead in the 4th, and then sat the last 6 minutes. This is normal stuff.

Worth pointing out that the last playoff series the Mavs played before this series (WCF vs. GS), they were up 29 in the 4th of game 4 and had that lead cut down to single digits with plenty of time left. You have to put teams away. It was handled fine tonight.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by LordCovington33 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:07 am

picc wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Feel like that's a J. Kidd blunder. He makes questionable decisions all the time so not surprised.

I wasn’t questioning not playing at all. Even when the team up by 27 points with 7 minutes to go, I couldn’t believe he was still out there. Get the win in the books and protect your best players for the next game.

Return to The General Board