Cavs or Knicks or Lakers (Where should LeBron go?)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Ray Donovan
Junior
And1: 165

Cavs or Knicks or Lakers (Where should LeBron go?) 

Post#1 » by Ray Donovan » Thu May 2, 2024 2:26 pm

Should LeBron join Knicks or Cavs for best chance to win Nitle ? Or stay w//Lakers ?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,836

Re: Cavs or Knicks or Lakers 

Post#2 » by cgf » Thu May 2, 2024 2:29 pm

He should go to Philly if he wants to leave LA. Knicks have a good thing going without turning it into the LeBron show.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,289

Post#3 » by God Squad » Thu May 2, 2024 2:31 pm

I hope Bron never wins another championship. He's no longer "HIM"
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,719

Post#4 » by toooskies » Thu May 2, 2024 4:06 pm

It's the Knicks pretty clearly. The Knicks would give up Randle + Bojan + pick value pretty comfortably. Then they re-sign Hartenstein and OG. Brunson's a great Kyrie-esque partner for LeBron, somebody who could handle the full load as LeBron feels more effects of aging.

The Cavs are a better storyline though, less of a mercenary move. Still good odds to come out of the East, with the Cavs giving up some combo of Strus + LeVert + Niang as salary and their first from this year to make it happen.

Golden State would be the biggest sellout move but could get him a ring and he could play with Curry. Wiggins+Paul gets the salary done, with CP3 getting some guaranteed cash before the Lakers cut him.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#5 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 2, 2024 4:10 pm

toooskies wrote:It's the Knicks pretty clearly. The Knicks would give up Randle + Bojan + pick value pretty comfortably. Then they re-sign Hartenstein and OG. Brunson's a great Kyrie-esque partner for LeBron, somebody who could handle the full load as LeBron feels more effects of aging.

The Cavs are a better storyline though, less of a mercenary move. Still good odds to come out of the East, with the Cavs giving up some combo of Strus + LeVert + Niang as salary and their first from this year to make it happen.

Golden State would be the biggest sellout move but could get him a ring and he could play with Curry. Wiggins+Paul gets the salary done, with CP3 getting some guaranteed cash before the Lakers cut him.
Lol why do you think anyone would want Randy?

They would take OG, Hart and Mcbride and you can keep your Randy, whom Lebron sign off on dropping him from the Lakers. Just be glad Pelinka will let you keep Brunson for the GOAT.

All of your lopsided suggestions can only be viewed as a joke...
cgf
RealGM

Post#6 » by cgf » Thu May 2, 2024 4:22 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
toooskies wrote:It's the Knicks pretty clearly. The Knicks would give up Randle + Bojan + pick value pretty comfortably. Then they re-sign Hartenstein and OG. Brunson's a great Kyrie-esque partner for LeBron, somebody who could handle the full load as LeBron feels more effects of aging.

Lol why do you think anyone would want Randy? Lol

They would take OG, Hart and Mcbride and you can keep your Randy, whom Lebron sign off on dropping him from the Lakers. Just be glad Pelinka will let you keep Brunson for the GOAT.

All of your lopsided suggestions can only be viewed as a joke on you.

That's an easy pass for New York.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#7 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 2, 2024 4:32 pm

cgf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Lol why do you think anyone would want Randy? Lol

Not surprising, but LeBron and Brunson would be nearly unstoppable running the point while Hartenstein accepting the AD type role with Robinson at center.

Their bench is deep enough with all those 3 point sharpshooters still on the roster following my fair trade option to clear the paint area. LeBron court vision is unmatched by anyone on the Knicks roster.

Right now, I be shocked if the Knicks can manage to reach the Finals let along beating the Sixers. Most non homers would agree as well.
cgf
RealGM

Post#8 » by cgf » Thu May 2, 2024 4:37 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Lol why do you think anyone would want Randy? Lol

Not surprising, but LeBron and Brunson would be nearly unstoppable running the point with Hartenstein accepting the AD type role. Their bench is deep enough with all those 3 point sharpshooters still on the roster following my fair trade option. LeBron court vision is unmatched by anyone on the Knicks roster.

Right now, I be shocked if the Knicks can manage to reach the Finals let along beating the Sixers. Most non homers would agree as well.

Sounds like you should be hammering 76ers +300 to win the series then, what are you doing wasting time talking to us for?

bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#9 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu May 2, 2024 4:38 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Lol why do you think anyone would want Randy? Lol

Not surprising, but LeBron and Brunson would be nearly unstoppable running the point with Hartenstein accepting the AD type role. Their bench is deep enough with all those 3 point sharpshooters still on the roster following my suggested trade. LeBron court vision is unmatched by anyone on the Knicks roster.

After what they gave up to get OG, why would they trade him for 40 year old Bron? Then on top of that, give up 2 of other key role players. As cgf said, easy pass.

And you don’t have to be a homer to think the Knicks will beat the Sixers. It’s more of a homer take to believe Sixers will win 3 in a row on the back of a hobbled Embiid…and that’s where you’re at rn.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,913

Post#10 » by Karate Diop » Thu May 2, 2024 4:44 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:
Not surprising, but LeBron and Brunson would be nearly unstoppable running the point with Hartenstein accepting the AD type role. Their bench is deep enough with all those 3 point sharpshooters still on the roster following my suggested trade. LeBron court vision is unmatched by anyone on the Knicks roster.

After what they gave up to get OG, why would they trade him for 40 year old Bron? Then on top of that, give up 2 of other key role players. As cgf said, easy pass.

And you don’t have to be a homer to think the Knicks will beat the Sixers. It’s more of a homer take to believe Sixers will win 3 in a row on the back of a hobbled Embiid…and that’s where you’re at rn.

To play devil's advocate, OG is significantly worse than LeBron (even now) and is even more of an injury risk :lol:... Locking him up for big money is extremely risky.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,902

Post#11 » by Capn'O » Thu May 2, 2024 4:44 pm

Why on earth would the Knicks give up substantial assets to take the ball from Brunson and give it to 39/40 year old LeBron. This could work in 2018. Just stop now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#12 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 2, 2024 4:45 pm

cgf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:
Not surprising, but LeBron and Brunson would be nearly unstoppable running the point with Hartenstein accepting the AD type role. Their bench is deep enough with all those 3 point sharpshooters still on the roster following my fair trade option. LeBron court vision is unmatched by anyone on the Knicks roster.

Sounds like you should be hammering 76ers +300 to win the series then, what are you doing wasting time talking to us for?
My suggestion is on a fair trade that would not only help beat my Sixers but also reach the finals than what their roster is currently constructed now. I dont make trades for other teams just to benefit my team like you do with lopsided trades Lol
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#13 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu May 2, 2024 4:48 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Not surprising, but LeBron and Brunson would be nearly unstoppable running the point with Hartenstein accepting the AD type role. Their bench is deep enough with all those 3 point sharpshooters still on the roster following my suggested trade. LeBron court vision is unmatched by anyone on the Knicks roster.

To play devil's advocate, OG is significantly worse than LeBron (even now) and is even more of an injury risk :lol:... Locking him up for big money is extremely risky.

OG is a significantly better defender than LeBron right now. Talking 1st Team Defense and DPOY potential. That’s a better fit for our roster than LeBron would be for us. Not to mention, it’s significantly cheaper.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#14 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 2, 2024 4:51 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:

Good point but after this series is over and my Sixers go onto the next round, you may reconsider if LeBron could have made a difference on this playoff run. Not even a LeBron fan but know he can being arguably considered the GOAT.

Brady won the SB and MVP immediately starting on a new team, yet he's older than LeBron, so age has nothing to do with it. Only in the long term it does which was not the point here but winning it all now.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#15 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 2, 2024 4:58 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:

To play devil's advocate, OG is significantly worse than LeBron (even now) and is even more of an injury risk ... Locking him up for big money is extremely risky.

OG is a significantly better defender than LeBron right now. Talking 1st Team Defense and DPOY potential. That’s a better fit for our roster than LeBron would be for us. Not to mention, it’s significantly cheaper.
Bad trade long term I agree but not for this playoff run. I take LeBron all day over OG and so would you.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,423

Post#16 » by levon » Thu May 2, 2024 5:04 pm

Obviously Knicks wouldn't give up OG for Bron.

Randle, a good role player, remaining salary matching and a FRP for Bron. In the absence of a good role player (Hart, Divi, Hartenstein), another FRP. This is a fair deal for all parties. Knicks still with assets to continue to improve.

Lakers use Randle's salary and combine with their own picks to star chase while retaining depth.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,793

Post#17 » by Slim Tubby » Thu May 2, 2024 5:15 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Not surprising, but LeBron and Brunson would be nearly unstoppable running the point with Hartenstein accepting the AD type role. Their bench is deep enough with all those 3 point sharpshooters still on the roster following my fair trade option. LeBron court vision is unmatched by anyone on the Knicks roster.

My suggestion is on a fair trade that would not only help beat my Sixers but also reach the finals than what their roster is currently constructed now. I dont make trades for other teams just to benefit my team like you do with lopsided trades Lol
Here is a complete list of all the valuable assets the Lakers could receive back in any potential Lebron trade:

Always happy to help.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
cgf
RealGM

Post#18 » by cgf » Thu May 2, 2024 5:24 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
cgf wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Not surprising, but LeBron and Brunson would be nearly unstoppable running the point with Hartenstein accepting the AD type role. Their bench is deep enough with all those 3 point sharpshooters still on the roster following my fair trade option. LeBron court vision is unmatched by anyone on the Knicks roster.

Seems silly when Philly could just give LA Maxey for LeBron :dontknow:

WentzerWuver wrote:Good point but after this series is over and my Sixers go onto the next round, you may reconsider if LeBron could have made a difference on this playoff run. Not even a LeBron fan but know he can being arguably considered the GOAT.

Brady won the SB and MVP immediately starting on a new team, yet he's older than LeBron, so age has nothing to do with it. Only in the long term it does which was not the point here but winning it all now.

You're really cranking that Journey, huh?

cgf
RealGM

Post#19 » by cgf » Thu May 2, 2024 5:28 pm

levon wrote:Obviously Knicks wouldn't give up OG for Bron.

Randle, a good role player, remaining salary matching and a FRP for Bron. In the absence of a good role player (Hart, Divi, Hartenstein), another FRP. This is a fair deal for all parties. Knicks still with assets to continue to improve.

Lakers use Randle's salary and combine with their own picks to star chase while retaining depth.

That makes more sense. Though the Knicks could just keep randle, their role players, and their picks instead; letting LA figure out what to do with LeBron for themselves.

levon
RealGM
And1: 23,423

Post#20 » by levon » Thu May 2, 2024 5:35 pm

cgf wrote:
levon wrote:Obviously Knicks wouldn't give up OG for Bron.

That makes more sense. Though the Knicks could just keep randle, their role players, and their picks instead; letting LA figure out what to do with LeBron for themselves.

There's nothing to figure out -- LA would prefer to keep LeBron and use their own picks to upgrade. This would only be a thing if LeBron actually agreed. Also, LeBron's a much better player than Randle, particularly in the playoffs. Let's not be coy Knick fans, we're not at the negotiating table. Rooting for you guys.

Return to The General Board