Which of the "aging core" teams will actually be able to bounce back next season with force?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Which team has the best shot at being a lot better next season?

The Warriors
14%
The Lakers
14%
The Suns
8%
The Bucks
53%
The Clippers
6%
The Heat
5%

Total votes: 79

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,725

Which of the "aging core" teams will actually be able to bounce back next season with force? 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Fri May 3, 2024 1:15 am

A lot of teams have one or multiple stars who are getting up there in age and have struggled this year. I think most of these teams assume they will come back and have a good run but the reality is some of them are probably cooked. Younger, better-built teams are taking over. Which of these older teams who have come up short this season are most likely to come back and do some serious damage next season?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Re: Which of the "aging core" teams will actually be able to bounce back next season with force? 

Post#2 » by mkot » Fri May 3, 2024 1:19 am

The Heat core ain't it.

I'd say the Lakers. LeBron is old but AD isn't that old. If they manage to flip DLo for Murray alongside Reaves at the backcourt, they can eventually get out of the play-in tourney at the minimum.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,040

Re: Which of the "aging core" teams will actually be able to bounce back next season with force? 

Post#3 » by NZB2323 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:23 am

The Bucks. Giannis was injured, he’s 29, and they’ll have another year of chemistry with Dame. Giannis is also the best player of any of these teams.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 814

Post#4 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:26 am

mkot wrote:The Heat core ain't it.

I'd say the Lakers. LeBron is old but AD isn't that old. If they manage to flip DLo for Murray alongside Reaves at the backcourt, they can eventually get out of the play-in tourney at the minimum.

If they somehow get Murray for D Lo
Lakers will try Flipping Reaves and pieces for a real Center
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
JackZZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 647

Post#5 » by JackZZ » Fri May 3, 2024 1:26 am

I'd say Warrior. They have younglings that can help Curry gets another Chip. They just have to move washed up Klay and toxic Dray away and get some good veterans in return.

As for Bucks. Giannis is starting to get hurt more here and there circa playoff the last 2 seasons. Not liking the the trend.

Lakers better off rebuilding without Lebron.

Suns and Clippers are probably done.

Heat never had it to begin with. Yes, I know they reached finals ... not gd nuf team to win chip.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,001

Post#6 » by Curmudgeon » Fri May 3, 2024 1:53 am

None.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,555

Post#7 » by jkvonny » Fri May 3, 2024 2:21 am

Probably the Bucks. They play in the easier conference (East) and manageable division. Central Division (good young teams like Pacers and Cavs.....but bad teams like Bulls and Pistons).

The Heat? Maybe, but they need to make some moves. Easier conference, not much competition in the division (Southeast). Hawks kind of in the same mess as the Heat (but younger). The Wiz are terrible, rebuilding. Hornets has potential but has to stay healthy. Magic are rising.

The west teams? GSW, Lakers, Suns, Clips? One of them (Lakers) mite be gettin another coach again. They all play in a tuff, deep conference (Western) full of younger, better teams.
Also they are all in the same division (Pacific Division) as the younger, up and coming (good coach, FO) Sacramento Kings. These older, declining Pacific Div teams will beat up on each other during the season, while the Kings will beat up on them. Kings are licking their chops for the future.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,846

Post#8 » by Chuck Everett » Fri May 3, 2024 2:27 am

I'm voting none, but if I had to pick a team, I'd pick Golden State or the Lakers. The Lakers free throw advantage is not an imagined thing and the Warriors have four young guys who could all work their way into being above-average starters (two actually started a bunch). I also think Draymond's antics cost them the season. So if he behaves next year (and the team actually adds another tall guy), they could be right back in the playoffs. Still not a title contender.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:34 am

Chuck Everett wrote:I'm voting none, but if I had to pick a team, I'd pick Golden State or the Lakers. The Lakers free throw advantage is not an imagined thing and the Warriors have four young guys who could all work their way into being above-average starters (two actually started a bunch). I also think Draymond's antics cost them the season. So if he behaves next year (and the team actually adds another tall guy), they could be right back in the playoffs. Still not a title contender.

You do realize LeBron and AD feast in the paint scoring 72 pts in the paint vs the Nuggets right???

It's sad how you think they are just shooting spot up 3's
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,846

Post#10 » by Chuck Everett » Fri May 3, 2024 2:35 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:I'm voting none, but if I had to pick a team, I'd pick Golden State or the Lakers. The Lakers free throw advantage is not an imagined thing and the Warriors have four young guys who could all work their way into being above-average starters (two actually started a bunch). I also think Draymond's antics cost them the season. So if he behaves next year (and the team actually adds another tall guy), they could be right back in the playoffs. Still not a title contender.

You do realize LeBron and AD feast in the paint scoring 72 pts in the paint vs the Nuggets right???

I never mentioned three point shooting. I said the Lakers free throw advantage. Austin Reaves foul grifting is on par with SGA, Embiid and prime Harden.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:42 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

I never mentioned three point shooting. I said the Lakers free throw advantage. Austin Reaves foul grifting is on par with SGA, Embiid and prime Harden.

It's called attacking the paint and making something happen vs just being lazy and throwing up trash
Baz
Rookie
And1: 1,637

Post#12 » by Baz » Fri May 3, 2024 2:44 am

Milwaukee because they have Giannis
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,872

Post#13 » by Dominator83 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:51 am

Lakers. 2 top 10 players your never out of the hunt.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,725

Post#14 » by Calinks » Fri May 3, 2024 7:53 pm

Didn't the Suns finish the season fairly strong though? Is it that crazy to see them come back with a better season, especially if they get a PG?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#15 » by Lalouie » Fri May 3, 2024 7:59 pm

no such thing. when you're done you're done. it's like you can see that when their time has come, their eyes have no fight left.

and "aging" team bouncing back would actually reflect on the state of the nba than them actually being better. generally aging teams are committed to the old vets who got them there so they extend contracts beyond a player's worth - it's why klay will stay @gsw for instance
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,533

Post#16 » by nbafan38 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:07 pm

Clippers bounce back? When has the clippers core ever showed up?

Anyway the answer to me is lakers or bucks since the bucks aren't that old and the lakers showed their two stars can still play elite in the playoffs and maybe they add a third star or at least a better coach.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,628

Post#17 » by EmpireFalls » Fri May 3, 2024 8:11 pm

Warriors if they actually make a real trade
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,601

Post#18 » by Alatan » Fri May 3, 2024 8:17 pm

AD is one Porter bump away from retirement.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,601

Post#19 » by Alatan » Fri May 3, 2024 8:20 pm

LaLover11 wrote:

If they somehow get Murray for D Lo
Lakers will try Flipping Reaves and pieces for a real Center

If they get Murray for DLo the Hawks should sell, nay, give away their team.
Deathray
Junior
And1: 124

Post#20 » by Deathray » Fri May 3, 2024 8:34 pm

Giannis isn't that old but he's consistently been injured in the playoffs, it's happened 3 out of the last 4 years. Didn't cost them during the championship run because the Hawks weren't a great conference finals opponent and they were able to win a couple of games without him but he's another guy who's had trouble staying healthy when it matters.

Return to The General Board