Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. Police investigating. Suspended 4 games! [update]

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,555

Re: Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. 

Post#281 » by MrGoat » Fri May 3, 2024 10:53 pm

threethehardway wrote:I will never understand the mentality of someone that is willing to spend thousands of dollars, to get close to the court, in order to trash talk someone making 20 times more than them.

I don't get it.

Lol, the person makes more money than you, more shape than you, more talented than you, you pay to see them, they don't give a damn what you do, but you wanna trash talk them...

Being high up, and yelling crap, making noise is different

But being close, trying to have trash talking convos is weird lol.

Watch the game.

Simp
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,472

Post#282 » by ___Rand___ » Fri May 3, 2024 10:59 pm

stormi wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Nate505 wrote:

What does this tweet even mean? Is he saying the Bucks requested help from security to remove the fan and they did nothing?

He's essentially saying he's a victim who had to take matters into his own hands.

He's doubling down on his actions.

The video is a lot more jarring than I expected from the title. Super disappointed in Pat for this.

Pat Bev you're a yapper, a chihuahua, why don't you yap back? Use your mouth like you love to, not throw balls at people. Such a weak ass child. He's got no dog in him. Super soft snowflake.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,283

Post#283 » by Iwasawitness » Fri May 3, 2024 10:59 pm

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perfectly said.

I never in my life thought I'd be agreeing with anything this clown has to say.

But here we are. That was glorious.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,267

Post#284 » by RB34 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:14 pm

Dubnation wrote:
Read on Twitter

When keeping it real goes wrong..
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#285 » by makubesu » Fri May 3, 2024 11:27 pm

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perfectly said.

I tried watching a few times but I can’t look at this guy’s face for more than 15 seconds.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 906

Post#286 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:28 pm

makubesu wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perfectly said.

I tried watching a few times but I can’t look at this guy’s face for more than 15 seconds.

If only Beverley could throw a ball at Nick lol
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,587

Post#287 » by DaPessimist » Fri May 3, 2024 11:35 pm

Those fans paying thousands of dollars for tickets are the reason that NBA players make millions of dollars.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,219

Post#288 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri May 3, 2024 11:36 pm

RB34 wrote:
threethehardway wrote:I will never understand the mentality of someone that is willing to spend thousands of dollars, to get close to the court, in order to trash talk someone making 20 times more than them.

I think its hilarious u kids talking **** about Bev. u wouldnt say this stuff to him at lan, he’s jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. y'all are pathetic lol..

IYKYK

I suppose it comes down to mentality.

I was about 10 rows off the floor for a playoff game in San Antonio back in 02. A couple was getting on Kobe's ass all game long. Rather than let it get to him, he ate it up, gave it right back and scored the game-winning putback over Duncan and Robinson.

In stark contrast to Pat, who went out like a complete bitch: shot 3 for 11, let his emotions get the best of him, hit a woman with the basketball and then threw another temper tantrum in the locker room.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#289 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:43 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
RB34 wrote:

I think its hilarious u kids talking **** about Bev. u wouldnt say this stuff to him at lan, he’s jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. y'all are pathetic lol..

IYKYK

I was about 10 rows off the floor for a playoff game in San Antonio back in 02. A couple was getting on Kobe's ass all game long. Rather than let it get to him, he ate it up, gave it right back and scored the game-winning putback over Duncan and Robinson.

In stark contrast to Pat, who went out like a complete bitch: shot 3 for 11, let his emotions get the best of him, hit a woman with the basketball and then threw another temper tantrum in the locker room.

You must be perfect and never get mad and mess up lol
Guess you never had road rage, argued with someone etc
Nobody is perfect and he will hopefully learn from this

Look at Draymond and how y'all cheer for him to keep playing and he's over here actually throwing hay makers to the NBA players that can cause life altering injuries to them but yet nobody made multiple threads on him for the same incident.

Beverly accidentally throw it to that girl while attempting to punk the loud mouth guy talking crap to him.

It's not like he did it on purpose, which doesn't excuse it but let's be real we all make mistakes
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#290 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri May 3, 2024 11:50 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
RB34 wrote:

IYKYK

Look at Draymond and how y'all cheer for him to keep playing and he's over here actually throwing hay makers to the NBA players that can cause life altering injuries to them but yet nobody made multiple threads on him for the same incident.

Beverly accidentally throw it to that girl while attempting to punk the loud mouth guy talking crap to him.

It's not like he did it on purpose, which doesn't excuse it but let's be real we all make mistakes

Not a Draymond fan either, but I'm pretty sure he's also never thrown a basketball (twice) at the fans. Even something like the Malice at the Palace, I've never really held that against Artest. Somebody got into him physically with the beer cup, and he snapped. I totally get that.

But Pat? You're one of the biggest loud-mouths in the NBA, and you react like that? It just underscores what a clown he is and always has been. Because pretty much every player who's ever set foot on an NBA court has heard it from opposing fans -- how much garbage do you think LeBron's gotten? -- and how many have we seen react like that?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#291 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:01 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:

Not a Draymond fan either, but I'm pretty sure he's also never thrown a basketball (twice) at the fans. Even something like the Malice at the Palace, I've never really held that against Artest. Somebody got into him physically with the beer cup, and he snapped. I totally get that.

But Pat? You're one of the biggest loud-mouths in the NBA, and you react like that? It just underscores what a clown he is and always has been. Because pretty much every player who's ever set foot on an NBA court has heard it from opposing fans -- how much garbage do you think LeBron's gotten? -- and how many have we seen react like that?

This confirms LeBron has goat patience aka the goat :)
Edvan88
Pro Prospect
And1: 961

Post#292 » by Edvan88 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:03 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
RB34 wrote:

IYKYK

I mean if I ever start throw random stuff at my clients or suppliers at work if they complains at my work, I will probably get fired. Or do you think I use the "hey you are not perfect too!" excuse with my boss?
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,548

Post#293 » by xBulletproof » Sat May 4, 2024 12:06 am

I love the "it's Indiana, I assume it's racist" crowd .....

Those same people who would (rightfully - btw) throw a fit at other types of profiling. But it's cool when you do it. Got it.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,356

Post#294 » by HotRocks34 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:21 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perfectly said.

I never in my life thought I'd be agreeing with anything this clown has to say.

But here we are. That was glorious.

Agreed. Nick rekt Bev.

I don't agree with everything Nick said, but there was a lot of truth in there.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,356

Post#295 » by HotRocks34 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:22 am

Read on Twitter
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#296 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 4, 2024 12:46 am

This further confirms Pat Bev is soft. Charmin Soft.

Read on Twitter

Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,236

Post#297 » by Mamba81p » Sat May 4, 2024 1:19 am

Dubnation wrote:
Read on Twitter

At least something good comes out of this. I was worried they will hire this clown permanently.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#298 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat May 4, 2024 1:36 am

lol, I had forgotten all about this. It's just who he is.

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,676

Post#299 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat May 4, 2024 4:16 am

___Rand___ wrote:This further confirms Pat Bev is soft. Charmin Soft.

Read on Twitter

Yoooo, thats actually hilarious. :lol:
___Rand___
RealGM

Re: Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. Official Police investigation opened[update] 

Post#300 » by ___Rand___ » Wed May 8, 2024 10:35 pm

Police are now investigating this incident.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40108638/patrick-beverley-calls-actions-inexcusable-police-open-probe

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis police announced Wednesday they've opened an investigation into an "NBA player and citizen" altercation that happened at Gainbridge Fieldhouse on the night Milwaukee Bucks guard Patrick Beverley threw a ball at a fan in the final minutes of a season-ending loss to the Indiana Pacers.

Police said in a news release the case has been forwarded to detectives, "who are currently investigating this situation and take all accusations seriously."

Detectives will present the case to the Marion County Prosecutor's Office at the conclusion of the investigation, the release stated.

Return to The General Board