Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. Police investigating. Suspended 4 games! [update]

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Re: Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. 

Post#141 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 3, 2024 6:32 am

heezyo2o wrote:I used to not like Pat Bev like everyone else. Not saying I'm a huge fan now, but he's alright. When he's on your team, he puts effort, sticks up for his guys, talks trash and has fun. And with his podcast, like a lot of player's pods, they get more likable when you can hear them talk and their personality off the court comes out

I like NBA podcasts, but for some reason, player podcasts do not interest me at all now, I do not know why. Who has best player podcasts, in your opinion? Just for curiosity sake.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,146

Post#142 » by axeman23 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:37 am

Suspend him for the rest of the playoffs!!! Oh, wait... :lol:
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,090

Post#143 » by whatisacenter » Fri May 3, 2024 6:37 am

Nate505 wrote:So, for those in the "golly gee, someone most have said something to set him off" camp, do you believe both the lady and the guy said something to him? Because he chucked the ball at both of them.

The first one was such a cheap shot I'm legitimately stunned someone is trying to defend it.

Some posters here would defend anything a player does.

Ckay wrote:Did he claim racism?

Quality contribution to the conversation. :roll:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,839

Post#144 » by Rainwater » Fri May 3, 2024 6:43 am

Nate505 wrote:So, for those in the "golly gee, someone most have said something to set him off" camp, do you believe both the lady and the guy said something to him? Because he chucked the ball at both of them.

The first one was such a cheap shot I'm legitimately stunned someone is trying to defend it.

The first throw that hit the lady was clearly a bad throw which didn’t hit it’s target and deserves a suspension. Not surprised was never the best passer, lol.

And no one is saying he shouldn’t be suspended. I am just not one of these guys who automatically shuns someone without understanding what happened especially with how hostile these player, fan reactions can be. Typically when something like this happens it’s nothing random.
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,810

Post#145 » by makubesu » Fri May 3, 2024 6:43 am

I said after he shoved CP3 years ago that he should be banned from the league. Here we go again. Note that in the meantime, he’s become a media darling because he’s an *** to other players. When you are going through your day, and miserable things happen, remember it’s because our society constantly rewards bad people.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,839

Post#146 » by Rainwater » Fri May 3, 2024 6:44 am

UcanUwill wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:I used to not like Pat Bev like everyone else. Not saying I'm a huge fan now, but he's alright. When he's on your team, he puts effort, sticks up for his guys, talks trash and has fun. And with his podcast, like a lot of player's pods, they get more likable when you can hear them talk and their personality off the court comes out

I like NBA podcasts, but for some reason, player podcasts do not interest me at all now, I do not know why. Who has best player podcasts, in your opinion? Just for curiosity sake.

Paul George
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,578

Post#147 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri May 3, 2024 6:44 am

im more surprised he hit someone, he's always been a lackluster passer, that said he better open that checkbook he might get sued on top of the fine.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,273

Post#148 » by heezyo2o » Fri May 3, 2024 6:45 am

UcanUwill wrote:

I don't know about the best, but I think Redick and paul george both have some good stuff. They pop up on my feed so I consume more of the them. Teague and few others have some funny moments, but doubt Id watch too much of them other than the highlights.

I rarely watch any full episodes. Just short 5-10 min clips on youtube with a title that catches my interest. Maybe some youtube shorts that tend to be funny
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,220

Post#149 » by G R E Y » Fri May 3, 2024 6:48 am

Also, this:

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 823

Post#150 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:51 am

G R E Y wrote:Also, this:

Read on Twitter

Those reporters ain't soft like all of you softies
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#151 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 3, 2024 6:55 am

heezyo2o wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

I don't know about the best, but I think Redick and paul george both have some good stuff. They pop up on my feed so I consume more of the them. Teague and few others have some funny moments, but doubt Id watch too much of them other than the highlights.

I rarely watch any full episodes. Just short 5-10 min clips on youtube with a title that catches my interest. Maybe some youtube shorts that tend to be funny

I started to listen JJ sometimes, but he is ex player and media voter, so I do not count him. I feel 20 years ago I would have been fascibated about what players have to say, now I do not really care. I liked Lebrons and JJs collaboration tho.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,666

Post#152 » by nomansland » Fri May 3, 2024 7:25 am

UcanUwill wrote:

I like Raja Bell on The Real Ones. He has tons of stories about what it's like being a journeyman role-player.

Off Guard with Austin Rivers is pretty good too. One thing that sticks out is how he responded to a lot of the Doc criticism. Of course he's 100% pro-Doc but it was good to hear the other side of the story.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#153 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 3, 2024 7:32 am

nomansland wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

I like Raja Bell on The Real Ones. He has tons of stories about what it's like being a journeyman role-player.

Off Guard with Austin Rivers is pretty good too. One thing that sticks out is how he responded to a lot of the Doc criticism. Of course he's 100% pro-Doc but it was good to hear the other side of the story.

I have listened to off guard, I like Austin, I just hate how he misspronounces every foreign name, even very easy and popular ones like Zubac or Doncic.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#154 » by yoadknux » Fri May 3, 2024 7:38 am

The first throw was bad, but you could make a case that maybe it wasn't on purpose. Then the fan returns the ball peacefully and Bev is like "**** YOU!"
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#155 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 3, 2024 7:40 am

G R E Y wrote:Also, this:

Read on Twitter

:lol: hes a manchild obviously, what is even here to call out? Kid sqeezing his temporary revelance. It does feel like he was jesting, as it is literally what 5 year old would say, not an adult of any kind, but he did not let her ask questions at the end, so I dont know.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#156 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 3, 2024 7:47 am

yoadknux wrote:The first throw was bad, but you could make a case that maybe it wasn't on purpose. Then the fan returns the ball peacefully and Bev is like "**** YOU!"

Kid is obviously in a very bad mood after elimination, I give him that, he cares about result. Some people control themselves better when in bad mood, and some do it far worse. Bev is trying his best to be out of the league, but I understand he was in a very bad place there. Not an excuse, I just say I understand. People can default to child antics while angry.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,947

Post#157 » by Quattro » Fri May 3, 2024 11:57 am

He only did this because his coach had him on the bench so he couldn't practice his usual method of dealing with elimination - hitting someone from behind and then running behind his teammates.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,253

Post#158 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:07 pm

Read on Twitter
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,264

Post#159 » by Childs » Fri May 3, 2024 12:12 pm

I always disliked this piece of crap. He won’t be missed.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,253

Post#160 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:13 pm

Bev responds.

Read on Twitter
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay

Return to The General Board