Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. Police investigating. Suspended 4 games! [update]

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,570

Re: Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. 

Post#201 » by JimmyPlopper » Fri May 3, 2024 4:26 pm

jordb2k7 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
jordb2k7 wrote:In my opinion this is expulsion worthy. I don’t even think it’s a tough call. You can not do this.

Soft

Cool you’re good with players assaulting paying fans? Imagine if he broke that girls nose. This is completely unacceptable

I would suspend him for all of next season. I think one season should do the trick.
all i see is blinking lights
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,891

Post#202 » by Patches Perry » Fri May 3, 2024 4:31 pm

reddyplayerone wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
reddyplayerone wrote:
Yeah my parents taught me to keep my hands to myself even if someone is being rude to me

Weird I know!

He never touched him but okay.

Did your parents teach you not to yell racist things in public?

If the fan knew how to act this would be a non story.

Do you know for a fact that the fan was saying racist things, or is that just something you're assuming to try to weirdly rationalize a grown man throwing things at people?

I love that the imaginary remarks keep getting more hateful and bigoted lol. You have to get deep into your imagination to justify Beverleys actions.
holdenwait
Sixth Man
And1: 1,765

Post#203 » by holdenwait » Fri May 3, 2024 4:31 pm

what an absolute tool, hits the woman first.. acts like he's sorry and then smashes it again towards the fans, don't care who he was trying to hit, total punk move.
KayDee35
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,675

Post#204 » by KayDee35 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:42 pm

The-Power wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Nate505 wrote:So, for those in the "golly gee, someone most have said something to set him off" camp, do you believe both the lady and the guy said something to him? Because he chucked the ball at both of them.

The first one was such a cheap shot I'm legitimately stunned someone is trying to defend it.

Some posters here would defend anything a player does.

So very true. An NBA player could pull out a gun and shoot a kid in the stands and some people on RealGM would go: “But we don't know what the kid said to him. That kid probably had it coming, you just got to to keep your mouth shut if you're not ready to face the consequences. Valuable life lesson for everyone watching.” And this line of reasoning is also what ultimately makes way too many people comfortable with horrible things being done to others.

But what if the kid said something about the player's mom? Surely that deserves a bullet to the knee.

And what if they said something about how the player was a bum? Well, the player should, of course, be allowed to pistol whip them at least.

And what if the fan called him Patrick Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Doesn't a player deserve the right to defend their honor by shooting the fan in the face?

:banghead:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,214

Post#205 » by G R E Y » Fri May 3, 2024 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter

This is some high level grace.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,792

Post#206 » by Swish1906 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:55 pm

Bucks: “if you want just the tiniest chance to be back on our roster next year, you call her and apologize”
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,891

Post#207 » by Patches Perry » Fri May 3, 2024 4:58 pm

G R E Y wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope to hear Bev address this at some point. If he sounds genuinely remorseful then he deserves grace (which doesn't mean he shouldn't be fined/suspended). Of course his sincerity will be questioned because there's no doubt the Bucks and league put pressure on him to make it right.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,143

Post#208 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri May 3, 2024 4:59 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
reddyplayerone wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:You can't speak to people any kind of way and not expect a reaction.

Did your parents teach you how to act in public?

I will repeat this is not a circus. If you don't know how to act in public then stop going to games.

Yeah my parents taught me to keep my hands to myself even if someone is being rude to me

Weird I know!

Has he definitively said that? Because he doesn't seem like the type to keep that to himself.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,863

Post#209 » by Jcity08 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:07 pm

Im of two minds,

1. Words being said never justify violence, I've had hurtful words including racist remarks said to me at one time or another in my life and outside of childhood, I've understood that violence is not the correct response to it and not the morally or legally correct decision to make.

2. Some people say some disrespectful things, especially after drinking, and are of the belief that everyone is going to react rationally. Not everyone is a rational actor, so its not unreasonable to think people should have some filter and operate with some wise discretion and not be lulled into the idea that because you are at a sporting event and paid for good seats, that you can say some wild stuff and only get the level of reaction you are hoping for.

Now Im not saying that #2 applies here, if someonetold me that Pat Bev overheared someone talking about something unrelated and thought it was directed at him, or even invented the person saying something in his head and lashed out, I would believe it.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,846

Post#210 » by Nate505 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:08 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:Bev responds.

Read on Twitter

So, anyone still want to defend this dumbass clown?

He's seriously in the wrong profession if his skin is that thin.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,187

Post#211 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:08 pm

not a dawg
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,969

Post#212 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 5:08 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
Diop wrote:If that’s how you want to react to words all the time you will end up in jail or worse.

Grow up and be better.

If words can control you then anybody can control you

So you can go anywhere in public and yell racist remarks and not expect anyone to say anything or do anything?

Seems like you living in fantasy land. It goes both ways. If the fan isn't acting a fool then this is a non story.

The problem here is that you are just pulling **** out of thin air. You are assuming that the woman that Pat Bev hit said something racist even though Pat Bev wasn't even aiming at her. He was aiming at a different fan and just **** missed and hit another fan sitting nearby.

The other assumption here is that something extreme must have been said to elicit this reaction by Beverley. But did something extreme had to be said for Beverley to react like that? Not necessarily. Beverley could have just been upset at losing and being eliminated from the playoffs. In fact, I think that his reaction to that reporter later on is a clear indication that he was just being a sore loser (and, well, a misogynist as well but that's a different discussion).
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,846

Post#213 » by Nate505 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:09 pm

Wingy wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:Classic example of someone who's antics outpace his talent. No room in the league for this fool. Combined with refusing to answer questions unless the reporter is subscribed to his podcast, he's become more of a headache than an asset.

I hope the league fines him for the podcast thing. If you have a media pass to be there, you should have access to the players.

The ball thrown at the fan is inappropriate and should also draw a fine, but the league should listen and look into whatever those fans were doing too. I don’t have a lot of doubt about fans being nasty and inappropriate.

What exactly do you think that girl who got hit said?
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,969

Post#214 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 5:11 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
reddyplayerone wrote:

Weird I know!

Has he definitively said that? Because he doesn't seem like the type to keep that to himself.

Nope. Even when Beverley tweeted about it he simply said this:

Read on Twitter
[/quote]

If the fan said something racial, we'd know by now. JustBuzzin is just talking out of his ass.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,214

Post#215 » by G R E Y » Fri May 3, 2024 5:32 pm

Patches Perry wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope to hear Bev address this at some point. If he sounds genuinely remorseful then he deserves grace (which doesn't mean he shouldn't be fined/suspended). Of course his sincerity will be questioned because there's no doubt the Bucks and league put pressure on him to make it right.

It's just his history isn't working in his favour... But yeah...
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
JVFRMN
Freshman
And1: 129

Post#216 » by JVFRMN » Fri May 3, 2024 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter

so this was it? what a clown
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,934

Post#217 » by jc23 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:38 pm

fan should have given him the "too small" gesture.
Be curious, Not judgmental
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,558

Post#218 » by zzaj » Fri May 3, 2024 5:38 pm

I would like to know who he was aiming for. Seems like the guy in Blue was the likely culprit.

Bev will deservedly get fined and probably suspended.

Also, kinda dumb of the arena to allow fans in games to be literally one row away from the bench.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,402

Post#219 » by sol537 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:42 pm

25 game suspension + fine + mandatory anger management and sensitivity training.
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,478

Post#220 » by xBulletproof » Fri May 3, 2024 5:48 pm

JVFRMN wrote:
Read on Twitter

so this was it? what a clown

:lol:

I held out just in case it was something crazy. But if this is true Pat is just a *****. :lol:

I'm dying laughing right now.

Return to The General Board