No Becky, Jalen Brunson IS A SUPERSTAR!

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,513

Re: No Becky, Jalen Brunson IS A SUPERSTAR! 

Post#81 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 5:14 am

NbaAllDay wrote:How much different is Bruson versus ITs breakout year. Sustained years = Superstar to me. 1 season and fringe 2 doesn't really get there. People often crown superstar too easy but there is really only 5-7 at most.

Someone like Lebron basically gets it now due to his superstardom but that's rare.

Are we seriously still doing this IT-Brunson false parallel bullschit
R.I.P Black Mamba
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,575

Post#82 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 5:40 am

Tron Carter wrote:
NbaAllDay wrote:How much different is Bruson versus ITs breakout year. Sustained years = Superstar to me. 1 season and fringe 2 doesn't really get there. People often crown superstar too easy but there is really only 5-7 at most.

Someone like Lebron basically gets it now due to his superstardom but that's rare.

It’s just as stupid as people comparing Brunson’s high scoring games to MJ in 1993.

It’s far easier to score in this era.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,127

Post#83 » by DaGawd » Tue May 7, 2024 5:52 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

It’s just as stupid as people comparing Brunson’s high scoring games to MJ in 1993.

complete bs my man. so you’re basically saying any stats, accolades and accomplishments accumulated in this era should be thrown out/asterisks because the 90s was such a superior era.. correct? why even watch the league any more if that’s the case
BaF
Washington Wizards
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#84 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 9:49 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

bitter looks good on you tbh
R.I.P Black Mamba
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#85 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 1:09 pm

DaGawd wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

complete bs my man. so you’re basically saying any stats, accolades and accomplishments accumulated in this era should be thrown out/asterisks because the 90s was such a superior era.. correct? why even watch the league any more if that’s the case

No not thrown out.

But big scoring numbers don’t hit the same as they used to.

It’s not even about the 90s being a superior era or anything like that.

Scoring has just never been easier and that’s a fact.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#86 » by Lalouie » Tue May 7, 2024 1:34 pm

you think maybe hammond was just reflecting what the spur org thought?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,520

Post#87 » by blueNorange » Tue May 7, 2024 1:36 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

it’s far easier to score in this era yet it hasn’t been done since 1993??

:laugh:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,520

Post#88 » by gavran » Tue May 7, 2024 1:38 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:

It's true, yet it is Brunson doing it, and not other players who are better then him.
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#89 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 1:40 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:It’s just as stupid as people comparing Brunson’s high scoring games to MJ in 1993.

No not thrown out.

But big scoring numbers don’t hit the same as they used to.

It’s not even about the 90s being a superior era or anything like that.

Something tells me you weren’t running with this narrative when Tatum was dropping 51 in the ECF last season.

There’s plenty of vhs tapes for you to indulge in to get your 90s ball fix if you wanna be the bitter old man that yells at the clouds.
R.I.P Black Mamba
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#90 » by blueNorange » Tue May 7, 2024 1:42 pm

gavran wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:

It's true, yet it is Brunson doing it, and not other players who are better then him.

you’re not getting it

guys like lebron, jokic, antman, tatum, curry, etc can easily do what brunson is doing

they just aren’t, but they could — but they’re not, but the idea that they could is on the table

it just won’t happen, but maybe it might
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#91 » by blueNorange » Tue May 7, 2024 1:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=6rskMP22ib9Gcn7bulfaTg
LOL Y U MAD THO?
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,429

Post#92 » by jg77 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:56 pm

He might be better than Luka.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,382

Post#93 » by Woodsanity » Tue May 7, 2024 1:56 pm

I said it before and I will say it again.

Brunson >>> Joe L Embiid.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Calamity_Cometh
Sixth Man
And1: 2,132

Post#94 » by Calamity_Cometh » Tue May 7, 2024 2:05 pm

This crow is delicious.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,713

Post#95 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:32 pm

The people hating on Brunson is actually respect. They are just to petty to admit that Brun is the real deal because of the team that he plays for
the sea duck
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#96 » by the sea duck » Tue May 7, 2024 2:50 pm

DaGawd wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

are you one of those people who agrees that it's more difficult to play defense today and also somehow believes that doesn't correlate to it being easier to score today? or do you think defense and opponent's offense are completely unrelated? or do you think defense is easier to play today than in the 90s? if so, i'd love to hear that case.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,127

Post#97 » by DaGawd » Tue May 7, 2024 2:55 pm

the sea duck wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:It’s just as stupid as people comparing Brunson’s high scoring games to MJ in 1993.

are you one of those people who agrees that it's more difficult to play defense today and also somehow believes that doesn't correlate to it being easier to score today? or do you think defense and opponent's offense are completely unrelated? or do you think defense is easier to play today than in the 90s? if so, i'd love to hear that case.

i never said no type of **** like that
BaF
Washington Wizards
swyftdahoe
Senior
And1: 532

Post#98 » by swyftdahoe » Tue May 7, 2024 3:04 pm

Brunson is such a damn talented scorer. Just a bucket. He's really perfected many of his go to shots.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#99 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 3:05 pm

blueNorange wrote:
gavran wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:

you’re not getting it

guys like lebron, jokic, antman, tatum, curry, etc can easily do what brunson is doing

they just aren’t, but they could — but they’re not, but the idea that they could is on the table

it just won’t happen, but maybe it might

Steph Curry and LeBron James have had far better performances in the playoffs.

It’s also pretty strange to get offended at dudes saying others could do it if in a similar situation to Brunson unless you think Brunson is like the undisputed best player in the league which would be hilarious. He has to score a heap because the Knicks don’t have a great deal of offence outside of him. Other players don’t because their teams have more offence.
the sea duck
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#100 » by the sea duck » Tue May 7, 2024 3:06 pm

DaGawd wrote:
the sea duck wrote:
DaGawd wrote:complete bs my man. so you’re basically saying any stats, accolades and accomplishments accumulated in this era should be thrown out/asterisks because the 90s was such a superior era.. correct? why even watch the league any more if that’s the case

i never said no type of **** like that

then what's b.s. about saying it's easier to score in this era? is it easier to play defense now? more difficult? or the same? any argument about scoring must have corresponding ideas about defense. for instance, i think it's much more difficult to play defense today than ever before (for a variety of reasons). i also believe it's easier to score today than it has been in a long time, certainly easier than in the 90s.

Return to The General Board