2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 3-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins in how many games

Knicks sweep
7%
Knicks in 5
25%
Knicks in 6
33%
Knicks in 7
9%
Pacers sweep
3%
Pacers in 5
0%
Pacers in 6
13%
Pacers in 7
10%

Total votes: 312

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,089

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers 

Post#141 » by CDM_Stats » Fri May 3, 2024 7:31 pm

stuporman wrote:The Knicks have a 24-5 record and net rating of +13.2 with OG playing so it's going to be quite a tough task for the Pacers to beat the Knicks 4 times in 7 games if OG is playing.

That being said the Pacers are a much tougher match up for the Knicks than many are giving them credit for being, they play fast, are deep and shoot well.

No clue how this will play out but after a physically brutal series that was mostly tightly contested games and the total point differential for it was a single point this series will be much different.

That's crazy :o
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#142 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 7:38 pm

Capn'O wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Capn'O wrote:This thread has a much friendlier tone than the previous one :lol:

last thread was a war zone :lol:

Like, how are we gonna shout at Nuntius and xxsneaky for two weeks? They'll just be like "sir, we're just trying to discuss the series. Everyone's playing as well as they can and we have no affect on the outcome. There's no reason to raise your voice here." It would just look rude.

It could just become a breeding ground for Raptors fans to fight about OG vs. Pascal like they probably did on their board.

We'll just have to go back to yelling at ourselves...not like we lack practice :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,052

Post#143 » by Blazing_royale » Fri May 3, 2024 8:38 pm

OG vs Pascal
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,202

Post#144 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:42 pm

Pacers fanbase is a less hostile fanbase overall. This topic will be a lot more tolerable than the one against the Sixers.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,477

Post#145 » by JXL » Fri May 3, 2024 8:49 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:Pacers fanbase is a less hostile fanbase overall. This topic will be a lot more tolerable than the one against the Sixers.

LOL No way, they absolutely hate the Knicks. Goes back to Reggie Miller. The feeling's mutual.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#146 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 8:59 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:Pacers fanbase is a less hostile fanbase overall. This topic will be a lot more tolerable than the one against the Sixers.

Give it time, we’ll do what we can about that.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
toodarkmark
Sophomore
And1: 508

Post#147 » by toodarkmark » Fri May 3, 2024 9:05 pm

I think people are selling Indiana short. I'm a Knicks fan and I think we are lucky to win in 7. The Pacers did beat some good teams early to get to the Mid Season tournament finale, and beat the Knicks twice.
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,504

Post#148 » by xBulletproof » Fri May 3, 2024 9:10 pm

This should be a fun series. The Obi storyline. OG vs Pascal.

I'm assuming OG will start on Haliburton. If I was betting I'd put money on the Knicks, but I think many are underestimating how tough this could be. Especially bc most people still think the Pacers play defense like they did the first 2-3 months of the season. From February on they were middle of the pack in the NBA in defense. The Bucks just averaged what would be equal to 27th (110 PPG) in the league over the season in the last series.

I can't pay attention to these threads. In the Bucks series there were just too many morons in their reacting to every 5 minute stretch like that's how the entire series would go. I remember after game 1 ppl talking about the Bucks sweeping :lol: To Bucks fans credit, it wasn't even them. It was a lot of randoms with just bad takes on teams they never watch.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,988

Post#149 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 9:12 pm

Capn'O wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Capn'O wrote:This thread has a much friendlier tone than the previous one :lol:

last thread was a war zone :lol:

Like, how are we gonna shout at Nuntius and xxsneaky for two weeks? They'll just be like "sir, we're just trying to discuss the series. Everyone's playing as well as they can and we have no affect on the outcome. There's no reason to raise your voice here." It would just look rude.

It could just become a breeding ground for Raptors fans to fight about OG vs. Pascal like they probably did on their board.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,988

Post#150 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 9:38 pm

toodarkmark wrote:I think people are selling Indiana short. I'm a Knicks fan and I think we are lucky to win in 7. The Pacers did beat some good teams early to get to the Mid Season tournament finale, and beat the Knicks twice.

In general, beating good teams wasn't the issue for us this season. We had a 27-21 record against teams above .500 this season. Only Boston, OKC and Minny had a better winning percentage than that (Denver was 29-23 which is a slightly lower winning percentage but similar enough as a record).

But I do not believe that we are experienced enough to win this series. Only Pascal and Turner had any notable playoff experience until the Milwaukee series (I guess that TJ also got some playoff minutes early on in his career). Hali, Nembhard, Nesmith, Sheppard, Smith, Jackson. That series was a playoff first for them. The Knicks, on the other hand, have been there before. They have a good level of experience and I expect their experience to win out in the end.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
BooomBaby
Junior
And1: 216

Post#151 » by BooomBaby » Fri May 3, 2024 10:08 pm

I love the Pacers and will root for them, without a doubt..,But, I just don't see them winning more than 2 games (if that)...

Jalen is the true superstar in this series, and there's no one Indiana has that will even give him a sweat.

Knicks have home court, more heart, and just way more talent, plus we're really playing with TJ as our PG.

NY in 6, easily.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,894

Post#152 » by RHODEY » Fri May 3, 2024 10:42 pm

toodarkmark wrote:I think people are selling Indiana short. I'm a Knicks fan and I think we are lucky to win in 7. The Pacers did beat some good teams early to get to the Mid Season tournament finale, and beat the Knicks twice.

You dont sound like a Knickfan....I dont ever recall you posting on the Knicks Forum.. That said...you thinking we are lucky to win in 7 is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,320

Post#153 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:49 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Knicks in six. Pacers will make it competitive.

Hope I'm wrong though.

i know this was hard for you

respect

only other thing to do is lie :lol:

I keep hearing how the pacers matchup well against us... don't see it

Knicks in 5 possibly 6 if something crazy happens. We are head and shoulders the better team
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#154 » by picc » Fri May 3, 2024 10:51 pm

After watching the Bucks/Pacers series, I just don't think Indiana is very good. Knicks aren't great either but they seem more organized, much better defense, and their star is much more consistent. I also think OG is going to do a number on Siakim because he's exactly the type of player he excels against.

I think Knicks in 5 but am hoping for a long series because its more entertaining.
SportsGuru08
Pro Prospect
And1: 721

Post#155 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:54 pm

Well it appears the vote is overwhelmingly in favor of the Knicks. Frankly, I don't see the Pacers being a pushover and I wouldn't be shocked if they pull it off.

Either way, it's good to see an old rivalry renewed
EastonEddy
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#156 » by EastonEddy » Fri May 3, 2024 11:56 pm

I'm going to say Pacers in 7.

Good guard depth to challenge NY. Pascal way better then NYK #2. Turner will create huge issues with his ability to drag the NY centers away from the basket or force mismatches.

76ers minus Maxey are old and slow. Pacers are young athletic and fast it will be a totally different style.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,196

Post#157 » by Spree2Houston » Sat May 4, 2024 12:51 am

Hoop Hunter wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:Pacers play zero defense Knicks in 5

Do you know that we won the season series against them?

Since the Knicks play with playoff intensity all the time, the regular season games should be relevant.

And each of those games we were missing guys lol this is only going to be a semi close series because we’re missing Randle and Bojan. If we had both, this would be a sweep.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,357

Post#158 » by robillionaire » Sat May 4, 2024 12:55 am

I’ll be at game 1 hopefully to help the Knicks win. The pacers have been a tough matchup for us this year but we’ve been on a roll too. Should be a fun series
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,504

Post#159 » by xBulletproof » Sat May 4, 2024 1:31 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Knicks in six. Pacers will make it competitive.

Hope I'm wrong though.

i know this was hard for you

respect

only other thing to do is lie :lol:

I keep hearing how the pacers matchup well against us... don't see it

Knicks in 5 possibly 6 if something crazy happens. We are head and shoulders the better team

At worst, Pacers match up well with depth, and running. Thibs runs guys into the ground, and so do the Pacers. That's a scary combo for a coach who's running 7 man rotations. Pacers team runs, bench and starters. If the pace is high, it's gonna test Knicks players cardio, and/or Knicks depth.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,196

Post#160 » by Spree2Houston » Sat May 4, 2024 1:46 am

If you were a “Knicks fan” then you would know we were missing key guys in those pacer wins lol foh

“Knicks fan” lmao

Return to The General Board