2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
34%
Pacers
66%

Total votes: 107

jk31
Rookie
And1: 686

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 1-0) 

Post#1661 » by jk31 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:11 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is what's going to happen to Indiana, and it's what has already happened to the Sixers.

Going all the way to the finals. Watch out Boston, you're next.

The NBA is pretty much as crooked as the WWE. Of course they'd rather have the Knicks move on a market 10 times the size of Indiana. Lots more loot to be made from the fans watching.

ah, thats why both the lakers and the clippers moved on to the 2nd round!

if you really thing the NBA is rigged, then go watch some other sports. i find all this discussion about refs boring and tiring.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,642

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 1-0) 

Post#1662 » by jkvonny » Wed May 8, 2024 7:09 am

socal74 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Knick fans are getting cocky…reminds me of the 90s. I forgot how bad they can be. Not as bad as Laker fans but second IMO.

Go pacers!!!!

The Lakers won 17 championships, 11 in the modern era (post 1980). Last championship was just 4 years ago. Laker fans have a reason to be cocky. The last time the Knicks won was over 50 years ago. Last time in the Finals was 25 years ago. He'll even the Celtics last won was 16 years ago and before that was 22 years

1973 was a long time ago.

Many of us werent even born yet! :o
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,865

Post#1663 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 10:45 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is what's going to happen to Indiana, and it's what has already happened to the Sixers.

The NBA is pretty much as crooked as the WWE. Of course they'd rather have the Knicks move on a market 10 times the size of Indiana. Lots more loot to be made from the fans watching.

If you're good enough you can overcome the refs, just look at our series with the 6ers. They did everything they could to keep the former MVP in action, but we just didn't let them cheat us out of our series win :rock:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#1664 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 10:48 am

jk31 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

if you really thing the NBA is rigged, then go watch some other sports. i find all this discussion about refs boring and tiring.

That's just proof for the conspiracy. The NBA knew people would be sus about the Knicks, so they had to throw them off the scent by favoring Embiid & the 6ers in round 1...as well as making sure that the LA teams went out early, so that naive rubes would bring the LA teams up when free-thinkers saw the truth.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,521

Post#1665 » by gavran » Wed May 8, 2024 11:09 am

Sixers and Pacers fans unexpected allies.

Sixers fans: Why you no call foul nyeeeeee.

Indiana fans: Why have you called the foul there, good sir?
cgf
RealGM

Post#1666 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 11:26 am

gavran wrote:Sixers and Pacers fans unexpected allies.

We're going to keep making jokes about how polite Pacers fans are...and I'm going to end up getting beers dumped on me throughout game 4, aren't I? :lol:

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,017

Post#1667 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 1:53 pm

cgf wrote:

We're going to keep making jokes about how polite Pacers fans are...and I'm going to end up getting beers dumped on me throughout game 4, aren't I? :lol:

That's the funny thing. Near as I can tell, Pacers fans have basically gone about their business after being mad for a little bit but the Sixers and Nets fans have taken up the mantle for them.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,099

Post#1668 » by Im Coming Home » Wed May 8, 2024 1:59 pm

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

That's the funny thing. Near as I can tell, Pacers fans have basically gone about their business after being mad for a little bit but the Sixers and Nets fans have taken up the mantle for them.

To be expected from our two sons I guess, they're lashing out on daddy.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
cgf
RealGM

Post#1669 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 2:04 pm

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

Makes sense. Pacers fans aren't used to getting as many generous calls as the 6ers and their team is a lot more resilient, so they don't depend on getting a favorable whistle as much. Plus they still have games to look forward to and a clearer future.

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,590

Post#1670 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 3:00 pm

Not gonna lie this playoff series is the only one that excites me. Those other matchups look like mismatches.

Hopefully this one lives up to the hype. MSG will be crazy tonight with Reggie Miller in the building lol.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1671 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 3:15 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Not gonna lie this playoff series is the only one that excites me. Those other matchups look like mismatches.

Hopefully this one lives up to the hype. MSG will be crazy tonight with Reggie Miller in the building lol.

I'm a little worried about what happens when we end up facing one of those teams that looks like a mismatch.
BAF Clippers

cgf
RealGM

Post#1672 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 3:22 pm

Capn'O wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Not gonna lie this playoff series is the only one that excites me. Those other matchups look like mismatches.

I'm a little worried about what happens when we end up facing one of those teams that looks like a mismatch.

That's when the hype will turn to 11 :rock:

...before we run out of steam in the finals...

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,365

Post#1673 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:49 pm

Pacers will get the dub tonight and panic will ensue in NYC
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,349

Post#1674 » by Baseline81 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:50 pm

On ESPN's Get Up, it was reported there were 142 set screens in game 1. Only two were called for a violation.

Folks, it's about consistency. That's why neutrals, such as myself, said the final minute was ruined by the refs.
drstarheel
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#1675 » by drstarheel » Wed May 8, 2024 4:29 pm

jk31 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Give the refs credit where credit is due. Sometimes you try you best and it doesn't work out. The game 5 elimination game for Lakers saw 0 free throws for Jokic, 0 for Gordon, and 1 for Murray. The Nuggets suplexed the refs before they could suplex them.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,779

Post#1676 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed May 8, 2024 5:09 pm

As a Pacer fan that’s watched a high percentage of their games this year I’m fully prepared for them to get run out of the building tonight. Knicks -5 is locked in. I don’t see them having the maturity to bounce back from a tough loss. Hope I’m wrong…. Don’t see this one being a game.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1677 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 5:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Carlisle seems like such a good dude. That's the most gentle way I've ever heard a man call another man an idiot.
BAF Clippers

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1678 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 5:24 pm

Baseline81 wrote:On ESPN's Get Up, it was reported there were 142 set screens in game 1. Only two were called for a violation.

Folks, it's about consistency. That's why neutrals, such as myself, said the final minute was ruined by the refs.

I don't have an issue with people saying it was the wrong call. Donte's sell got the call but the hit itself off the screen shouldn't otherwise have garnered attention late game.

I have an issue with the extrapolation that the game was rigged and all discussion of the game coming through that lens. Knicks got a little home cooking off of a flop, which is disappointing for a team on the other end but nothing we haven't seen for decades of home/away play. Donte falls down and the crowd reacts and it creates the image of a bigger event than what actually happened. The Knicks also staged an impressive comeback and made a lot of big plays down the stretch. A missed call gets augmented BECAUSE the Knicks kept executing well and all of that getting reduced to "well, the NBA wanted them to win" is frankly insulting. The players put the ball in the bucket and kept Pacers players from doing that. Stop us from executing when you're up 9 and the ref mistakes won't matter.

What I do respect is the Pacer coach and players getting less hung up on the officiating and focusing on their own play than some other team and players not to be named. I'm less confident in this series than that one for that reason. These Pacers seem tough to rattle.
BAF Clippers

cgf
RealGM

Post#1679 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 5:45 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:On ESPN's Get Up, it was reported there were 142 set screens in game 1. Only two were called for a violation.

I don't have an issue with people saying it was the wrong call. Donte's sell got the call but the hit itself off the screen shouldn't otherwise have garnered attention late game.

I have an issue with the extrapolation that the game was rigged and all discussion of the game coming through that lens. Knicks got a little home cooking off of a flop, which is disappointing for a team on the other end but nothing we haven't seen for decades of home/away play. Donte falls down and the crowd reacts and it creates the image of a bigger event than what actually happened. The Knicks also staged an impressive comeback and made a lot of big plays down the stretch. A missed call gets augmented BECAUSE the Knicks kept executing well and all of that getting reduced to "well, the NBA wanted them to win" is frankly insulting. The players put the ball in the bucket and kept Pacers players from doing that. Stop us from executing when you're up 9 and the ref mistakes won't matter.

What I do respect is the Pacer coach and players getting less hung up on the officiating and focusing on their own play than some other team and players not to be named. I'm less confident in this series than that one for that reason. These Pacers seem tough to rattle.

Read: Embiid & the 6ers

Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,779

Post#1680 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed May 8, 2024 5:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:

I have been impressed with how they’ve handled it. Hopefully this playoff experience is helping them grow up. The Bucks rattled them many times in the last series. Jump on them early tonight and get the Garden rocking and you’ll see them rattled. In fact, they looked rattled to me in the 4th the other night. Maybe I’m playing semantics with wording but my number one beef with the team this year would be their immaturity or ability to get rattled.

Return to The General Board