2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,910

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers 

Post#121 » by bisme37 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,216

Post#122 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 5:49 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Honestly I think we win but I am a bit concerned, coming from such a physical series. players playing 40+ mins, to now play a team like the Pacers with a fast pace. good thing we have home court advantage. The team is well conditioned but I can see Pacers giving us problems

The best chance that we have at winning this series (which, to be clear is a long shot) is that we keep running and runnig and running. We need to take advantage of Thibs' propensity of playing his starters 40+ minutes. The Knicks are incredibly conditioned, I agree, but if we keep running at every opportunity while Thibs keeps playing them 40+ minutes, they're bound to tire out and see a dip in their performance.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,967

Post#123 » by jc23 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:52 pm

Just like Denver with the Lakers i think the Knicks had the tougher and more intense first round opponent. INdy will have to adjust. KNicks in 6.
Be curious, Not judgmental
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#124 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 5:55 pm

Nuntius wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:Honestly I think we win but I am a bit concerned, coming from such a physical series. players playing 40+ mins, to now play a team like the Pacers with a fast pace. good thing we have home court advantage. The team is well conditioned but I can see Pacers giving us problems

The best chance that we have at winning this series (which, to be clear is a long shot) is that we keep running and runnig and running. We need to take advantage of Thibs' propensity of playing his starters 40+ minutes. The Knicks are incredibly conditioned, I agree, but if we keep running at every opportunity while Thibs keeps playing them 40+ minutes, they're bound to tire out and see a dip in their performance.

What could be huge is the spacing your defense gives up. With Embiid in the paint, Thibs couldn't play Precious next to either of our centers or the paint would just be a total mess for Jalen. If we can get away with 10-15mpg of Precious-RobinHart looks, that could really help keep OG & Hart's minutes more manageable.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,567

Post#125 » by Wargreymon » Fri May 3, 2024 5:57 pm

Pacers have more depth while the Knicks are stretched out to their limit due to injury having to play multiple guys 40plus mins to squeak out close wins. Knicks do have homecourt advantage in their favour. Knicks in 7
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,679

Post#126 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri May 3, 2024 5:57 pm

ocelot17 wrote:Yuck. What a boring matchup. Nobody outside of New York and Indiana cares about this series.

You seem like a lovely human to be around.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,216

Post#127 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 6:04 pm

cgf wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

What could be huge is the spacing your defense gives up. With Embiid in the paint, Thibs couldn't play Precious next to either of our centers or the paint would just be a total mess for Jalen. If we can get away with 10-15mpg of Precious-RobinHart looks, that could really help keep OG & Hart's minutes more manageable.

You make a good point. Myles Turner is a very good rim protector so he could occupy that same region and deter Brunson's drives. The fact that neither Robinson nor Hartenstein shoot the 3 means that Turner won't need to chase them around the perimeter and stay inside and protect the rim. Of course, they both provide vertical spacing (Robinson, in particular) and the Knicks could hurt us in the 1/5 P&R either through dump-off passes or offensive boards. Myles Turner can definitely come over and try to force a miss on Brunson but it will be all for naught if the rest of our team cannot keep Robinson/Hartenstein off the boards after a potential miss.

On the other hand, the fact that the Knicks go hard after offensive boards makes them vulnerable to fast-break scores and Indiana is known to run even after made baskets. So, we'll see. It will be a very interesting chess match and a battle of styles.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,188

Post#128 » by The Warrior » Fri May 3, 2024 6:06 pm

I'm surprised the poll is overwhelmingly in favor of the Knicks. I thought it would be a bit more balanced with Knicks leading but not by this much. I mean I have Knicks in 6 myself lol but I would certainly not be surprised if the Pacers manage to win the series.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,149

Post#129 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 6:10 pm

This thread has a much friendlier tone than the previous one :lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,188

Post#130 » by The Warrior » Fri May 3, 2024 6:11 pm

ocelot17 wrote:Yuck. What a boring matchup. Nobody outside of New York and Indiana cares about this series.

I'm outside of New York/Indiana and I'm very intrigued by this match up. I don't speak for everyone of course, but as a basketball fan I'm really looking forward to this series. Ever consider that maybe you're just a boring miserable person? :dontknow:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#131 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 6:13 pm

The Warrior wrote:I'm surprised the poll is overwhelmingly in favor of the Knicks. I thought it would be a bit more balanced with Knicks leading but not by this much. I mean I have Knicks in 6 myself lol but I would certainly not be surprised if the Pacers manage to win the series.

I think the overall tenor is that the Knicks should be able to figure out the Pacers and take control but the Pacers might just run away with it due to their high pace. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair number of lopsided outcomes.
BAF Clippers

Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#132 » by Jadoogar » Fri May 3, 2024 6:20 pm

Nuntius wrote:

Knicks also attack the offensive glass relentlessly. That can lead to transition opportunities if Pacers get the rebound. Turner needs to be elite at securing the ball immediately looking for the outlet.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,254

Post#133 » by DaGawd » Fri May 3, 2024 6:22 pm

Capn'O wrote:This thread has a much friendlier tone than the previous one :lol:

last thread was a war zone :lol:
BaF
Washington Wizards
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#134 » by Jadoogar » Fri May 3, 2024 6:23 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:

You seem like a lovely human to be around.

Really insane take after watching the Knicks last round. Brunson is electrifying to watch and Hart has been one of the most fun role players to watch. Pacers are a fun up and down team team that can put up point in a hurry. The clash of styles alone makes the matchup interesting.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#135 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 6:24 pm

DaGawd wrote:

Like, how are we gonna shout at Nuntius and xxsneaky for two weeks? They'll just be like "sir, we're just trying to discuss the series. Everyone's playing as well as they can and we have no affect on the outcome. There's no reason to raise your voice here." It would just look rude.

It could just become a breeding ground for Raptors fans to fight about OG vs. Pascal like they probably did on their board.
BAF Clippers

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#136 » by stuporman » Fri May 3, 2024 6:33 pm

The Knicks have a 24-5 record and net rating of +13.2 with OG playing so it's going to be quite a tough task for the Pacers to beat the Knicks 4 times in 7 games if OG is playing.

That being said the Pacers are a much tougher match up for the Knicks than many are giving them credit for being, they play fast, are deep and shoot well.

No clue how this will play out but after a physically brutal series that was mostly tightly contested games and the total point differential for it was a single point this series will be much different.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,498

Post#137 » by celtxman » Fri May 3, 2024 6:52 pm

Hoop Hunter wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:Do you know that we won the season series against them?

Since the Knicks play with playoff intensity all the time, the regular season games should be relevant.

never played us with og

You never played us with Pascal. So.........

Edit: Paskal played in one game. We won.

You're the only team that can challenge the OG record we heard so much about after that trade.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,795

Post#138 » by jkvonny » Fri May 3, 2024 7:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Like, how are we gonna shout at Nuntius and xxsneaky for two weeks? They'll just be like "sir, we're just trying to discuss the series. Everyone's playing as well as they can and we have no affect on the outcome. There's no reason to raise your voice here." It would just look rude.

It could just become a breeding ground for Raptors fans to fight about OG vs. Pascal like they probably did on their board.

Last series was 2 big market teams on the east coast (a lot of yall on the east coast are intense, passionate and harsh lol). That Philly NYC thread was hilarious TBH. :lol:

Now yall are dealing with the friendlier, calmer, rational folks in the Midwest (Indiana).
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,378

Post#139 » by canada_dry » Fri May 3, 2024 7:23 pm

Knicks in 5 due to haliburtons health.

Too bad though because this could have been a true coming out party for him.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,784

Post#140 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri May 3, 2024 7:24 pm

The Knicks in my opinion are heavy favorites in this one. The Pacers shouldn't be here. A year a head of schedule in my opinion. I was hoping for one of the last play-ins when the season started. Fortunate to advance against a depleted Milwaukee roster. Styles make fights so you never know. I think Thibs and the Knicks muck things up and make life hard on the Pacers. I agree with a previous poster that there could be blowouts both ways. When the Pacers hit shots and are able to run they may run away with a game or two. When the Knicks control the pace and make the Pacers stagnant it will be really ugly. I don't believe in participation medals but I think this playoff experience will be good for the Pacers roster moving forward. Many times in the Bucks series I thought they had a deer in the headlights look (no Bucks pun intended). I don't know what the Knicks playoff record for points in a game is, but I think Brunson will flirt with that a time or two.

Return to The General Board