2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 3-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins in how many games

Knicks sweep
7%
Knicks in 5
25%
Knicks in 6
32%
Knicks in 7
10%
Pacers sweep
3%
Pacers in 5
0%
Pacers in 6
13%
Pacers in 7
10%

Total votes: 317

xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,508

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers 

Post#181 » by xBulletproof » Sat May 4, 2024 5:48 pm

RHODEY wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:This series would have been so fun with a pre-injury Haliburton. I still think the Knicks would have won, but who knows, pre-injury Haliburton was doing some ridiculous things.

Brunson though, everytime I think he's kinda peaked, he just continues to improve. I'm done guessing what his ceiling is, because I've been wrong about it 20 times already.

That hamstring injury happened in early January . I know hamstrings can be tricky, but its been 4 months. No more excuses for him.I think he was playing over his head and what we are seeing now is close to what he is.

If you want to explain how a guy who's shot 40% from 3 at every level, every year in his life is shooting 30% the last 4 months for no reason, feel free trying to do so.

It's obvious something is still wrong.
BooomBaby
Junior
And1: 216

Post#182 » by BooomBaby » Sat May 4, 2024 5:55 pm

RHODEY wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:This series would have been so fun with a pre-injury Haliburton. I still think the Knicks would have won, but who knows, pre-injury Haliburton was doing some ridiculous things.

Brunson though, everytime I think he's kinda peaked, he just continues to improve. I'm done guessing what his ceiling is, because I've been wrong about it 20 times already.

That hamstring injury happened in early January . I know hamstrings can be tricky, but its been 4 months. No more excuses for him.I think he was playing over his head and what we are seeing now is close to what he is.

Great post...

So sick and tired of people making injury excuses for the guy...

Linsanity Jr. for a couple of weeks then back to earth to what he really is.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,897

Post#183 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat May 4, 2024 6:27 pm

I don't see the Pacers imposing their pace on us, they'll be too concerned with rebounding. We can also go small and maintain a rebounding advantage with Precious at the 5.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
xBulletproof
Analyst

Post#184 » by xBulletproof » Sat May 4, 2024 6:41 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Mil didn't have Greek for the entire series and Dame only played 3 games one which was a win.

They beat you w.o their two best players one game and took you to OT in a loss. Pacers are a young team they're not battle tested yet

Knicks-Pacers is a historic old time rivalry and this Knicks team is extremely battle tested basically all season long. We beat the Celtics to end the season & had a WAR with Philly in round 1 and finished them in 6 games.

I'm not over-looking this series but if we take care of business it should be an easier path to the Celtics than philly.

We have the clear advantage in defense, rebounding, experience, coaching & we have a team full of DOGS

Good luck

You literally did not say anything that went against what I said. You just repeated things, and acted like you made a new point. You didn't.

Here's new information though, the Pacers played to the level of their opponent all year. Of all the East playoff teams the Pacers had the worst record against below .500 teams. However, the only team that had a better record against winning opponents was Boston. If the Pacers had played even close to as well against bad teams as everyone else, they'd have broken 50 wins and been the 2 seed. Not having Dame and Giannis actually made me more nervous than if they were playing.

But the original point, was that the Pacers "struggled" with the Bucks, they didn't. Which is growth compared to what happened in the regular season.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,123

Post#185 » by DaGawd » Sat May 4, 2024 6:45 pm

starting to get alil spicy in here
BaF
Washington Wizards
xBulletproof
Analyst

Post#186 » by xBulletproof » Sat May 4, 2024 7:01 pm

DaGawd wrote:starting to get alil spicy in here

Mostly because of insecurity.

I said the Pacers had ONE advantage even after saying they were the underdogs, and I'd bet against them. Then the replies came trying to make a single advantage sound like a crazy idea.

Can't say the Pacers have 1 advantage, no no no. The Knicks apparently became the Olympic team while I wasn't looking. :lol: Just overly defensive and insecure people.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,961

Post#187 » by Fat » Sat May 4, 2024 7:46 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Another series injury excuse, must be a coping mechanism for the pacers inevitable trip to Cancun
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,491

Post#188 » by Hoop Hunter » Sat May 4, 2024 8:18 pm

xBulletproof wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

If you want to explain how a guy who's shot 40% from 3 at every level, every year in his life is shooting 30% the last 4 months for no reason, feel free trying to do so.

Obviously. How can people not ever notice they put a electrical stim on his back everytime he comes out of the game. He also rides a bike will out of the game. I guess all healthy players do that.
advent11
Junior
And1: 378

Post#189 » by advent11 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:24 pm

Selling out for offensive rebounds against a team like the Pacers will backfire. The analytics favor getting back on defense. I'll take the Pacers in an upset.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,850

Post#190 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 8:57 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:I don't see the Pacers imposing their pace on us, they'll be too concerned with rebounding. We can also go small and maintain a rebounding advantage with Precious at the 5.

If they're hot and running off makes, then we can dominate the glass and they'll still get out in transition.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,570

Post#191 » by jkvonny » Sat May 4, 2024 9:01 pm

DaGawd wrote:starting to get alil spicy in here

:lol:
cgf
RealGM

Post#192 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 9:01 pm

advent11 wrote:Selling out for offensive rebounds against a team like the Pacers will backfire. The analytics favor getting back on defense. I'll take the Pacers in an upset.

The knicks don't "sell out" to get rebounds, they got after them, but most of the team starts getting back unless they are confident we're getting the offensive board. Robinson, Hartenstein, and Hart are just exceptional rebounders.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,894

Post#193 » by RHODEY » Sat May 4, 2024 9:10 pm

Hoop Hunter wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Obviously. How can people not ever notice they put a electrical stim on his back everytime he comes out of the game. He also rides a bike will out of the game. I guess all healthy players do that.
If he is on the court to play he is healthy. Dude just fell off ...it happens.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#194 » by RHODEY » Sat May 4, 2024 9:13 pm

advent11 wrote:Selling out for offensive rebounds against a team like the Pacers will backfire. The analytics favor getting back on defense. I'll take the Pacers in an upset.

I'll take it that the Pacers will be upset when the Knicks Dominate the boards.
cgf
RealGM

Post#195 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 9:14 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:

Just like Julius needing ankle surgery last spring had zero effect on his play against the Cavs & Heat, right? :wink:

RHODEY
RealGM

Post#196 » by RHODEY » Sat May 4, 2024 9:22 pm

cgf wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:Obviously. How can people not ever notice they put a electrical stim on his back everytime he comes out of the game. He also rides a bike will out of the game. I guess all healthy players do that.

Just like Julius needing ankle surgery last spring had zero effect on his play against the Cavs & Heat, right? :wink:

Did Haliburton need hamstring surgery? What's the expiration date on that excuse?
cgf
RealGM

Post#197 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 9:24 pm

RHODEY wrote:
cgf wrote:
RHODEY wrote:If he is on the court to play he is healthy. Dude just fell off ...it happens.

Did Haliburton need hamstring surgery? What's the expiration date on that excuse?

We'll find out after the season.

RHODEY
RealGM

Post#198 » by RHODEY » Sat May 4, 2024 9:25 pm

cgf wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
cgf wrote:

We'll find out after the season.

I already found out.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#199 » by Kampuchea » Sat May 4, 2024 9:31 pm

Hali excuses already rolling out. :violin:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,057

Post#200 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat May 4, 2024 10:10 pm

Want to see Pascal lead the Pacers to the ECF but...

Knicks in 6
In Masai We Trust :meditate:

Return to The General Board