This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 817

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#41 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:34 am

cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:I would like to thank all of you for your doubt, it only ensures that Jalen has another level to unlock. You have been warned 8-)

Nobody is scared of your Big Headed small guard

NBA defenses seem pretty terrified judging by the way they attempt to guard him :dontknow:

This is how Hart would have to guard his own Teammate Brunson if he played vs him lmao :lol:

Read on Twitter
?t=aTtWHJXE-AM3kiIA5EJwaw&s=19
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#42 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 4:36 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Lmao, Brunson choked away more late FTs this series than Dame in his whole career.

Brunson has been awesome, but peak Dame beats them all. Aside from Steph, Dame is the only small guard to LEAD a team to the conference finals as a teams best player. Even Kyrie never did that.

Give us a couple of weeks, man.

I do agree that he needs a little more hardware.

Do you think the Knicks try to resign their FAs (OG, Hartenstein if possible) and just run it back as is? I wonder if they'll try to package Randle + picks to try and get a better #2 option. I assume that's unlikely.

So the Knicks cap situation gives us room under the 2nd apron to bring OG back on a deal averaging up to 40M a year, the max we can offer Hartenstein with his early-birds, a realistic offer to Achiuwa, and our picks, with just Burks being let go. Which leaves us with Bogdanovic's expiring to play with.

I'm hoping we use some of our picks to swap that Bogdanovic expiring for Caruso and a depth guy like Jae'Sean Tate:

Brunson | McBride
DiVincenzo | Caruso
Anunoby | Hart | Tate
Randle | Achiuwa
Robinson | Hartenstein | Sims

...and just roll with the thibsiest team that ever did Thibs.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,927

Post#43 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 4:36 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Lmao, Brunson choked away more late FTs this series than Dame in his whole career.

Brunson has been awesome, but peak Dame beats them all. Aside from Steph, Dame is the only small guard to LEAD a team to the conference finals as a teams best player. Even Kyrie never did that.

Do you think the Knicks try to resign their FAs (OG, Hartenstein if possible) and just run it back as is? I wonder if they'll try to package Randle + picks to try and get a better #2 option. I assume that's unlikely.

I think they'll fish for someone like Booker or Giannis. A very high level star and those two might be disgruntled. They probably won't get that.

If they don't I think they try to run it back. iHart might have played himself above what we can offer him. OG is 100% coming back. Precious? We'll see.

Then, they gave Bogs and picks as bait for another starter level player. Knicks have options. All good.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 999

Post#44 » by ScrantonBulls » Fri May 3, 2024 4:40 am

cgf wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

So the Knicks cap situation gives us room under the 2nd apron to bring OG back on a deal averaging up to 40M a year, the max we can offer Hartenstein with his early-birds, a realistic offer to Achiuwa, and our picks, with just Burks being let go. Which leaves us with Bogdanovic's expiring to play with.

I'm hoping we use some of our picks to swap that Bogdanovic expiring for Caruso and a depth guy like Jae'Sean Tate:

Brunson | McBride
DiVincenzo | Caruso
Anunoby | Hart | Tate
Randle | Achiuwa

OG and Caruso together... Holy **** that would be absurd on defense. Some people don't realize how great Caruso is defensively. Those two would be an all time defensive duo, no joke.

Fun time to be a Knicks fan. Good now and they've got a lot of pieces/options for the future.
cgf
RealGM

Post#45 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 4:41 am

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Nobody is scared of your Big Headed small guard

NBA defenses seem pretty terrified judging by the way they attempt to guard him :dontknow:

This is how Hart would have to guard his own Teammate Brunson if he played vs him lmao :lol:

Read on Twitter

I mean, you seem pretty shook by Jalen and Philly did a great job on him comparatively. Just wait til you see what he does to the Pacers...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#46 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 4:43 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
cgf wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:Do you think the Knicks try to resign their FAs (OG, Hartenstein if possible) and just run it back as is? I wonder if they'll try to package Randle + picks to try and get a better #2 option. I assume that's unlikely.

Brunson | McBride
DiVincenzo | Caruso
Anunoby | Hart | Tate
Randle | Achiuwa

OG and Caruso together... Holy **** that would be absurd on defense. Some people don't realize how great Caruso is defensively. Those two would be an all time defensive duo, no joke.

Fun time to be a Knicks fan. Good now and they've got a lot of pieces/options for the future.

As a Chicago-based Knicks fan, I've been dreaming about it since we got OG :lol:

Brunson - Caruso - Anunoby - Randle - RobinHart would be 04 Pistons-esque, and we could keep one of Brunson/Randle & Caruso/Anunoby on the court at all times with lineups like:

Brunson - DiVincenzo - Hart - OG - RobinHart
McBride - Caruso - Hart - Randle - RobinHart

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#47 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:43 am

cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Read on Twitter

I mean, you seem pretty shook by Jalen and Philly did a great job on him comparatively. Just wait til you see what he does to the Pacers...

Just admit Brunson is the East Harden lmao
Pacers omg another unstoppable and defensive world beater :lol:
cgf
RealGM

Post#48 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 4:44 am

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Green is an ugly color on you. You don't have the cheekbones to pull it off.

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#49 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:46 am

cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Green is an ugly color on you. You don't have the cheekbones to pull it off.

I'm green because I'm always money :rockon: :wink:
KazuoOda
Rookie
And1: 1,363

Post#50 » by KazuoOda » Fri May 3, 2024 4:47 am

Kyrie has a ring against the best team in NBA history. Brunson has......
cgf
RealGM

Post#51 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 4:48 am

KazuoOda wrote:Kyrie has a ring against the best team in NBA history. Brunson has......

Won a series as his team's #1 option? :P

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:49 am

KazuoOda wrote:Kyrie has a ring against the best team in NBA history. Brunson has done nothing!

I agree you're right
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,002

Post#53 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri May 3, 2024 4:50 am

uncleduck13 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL what has he done?

Beat a 7 seed with their best player injured?

Thats better than Dame's WCF run? Or Kyrie winning the Finals.

Yes it’s better than Dames run where he got swept and Kyrie playing robin to LeBron

Better getting there and swept then losing to an 8 seed. Brunson had Luka and lost too lol. In case you forgot.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,002

Post#54 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri May 3, 2024 4:50 am

Capn'O wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL what has he done?

Beat a 7 seed with their best player injured?

Thats better than Dame's WCF run? Or Kyrie winning the Finals.

Made back to back semis, which the Nets haven't done since 2007. Deal with it.

Nets living in your head rent free :lol:

Call me when you make a Finals this century.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,804

Post#55 » by One_and_Done » Fri May 3, 2024 4:53 am

uncleduck13 wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:He's not better than peak Dame, he just plays in the East and has a solid team around him.

Dame plays in the East and just got put out the first round. Dame played in the West and never made any real noise.

Old and injured Dame*
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Jta444
Sophomore
And1: 248

Post#56 » by Jta444 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:00 am

Recency bias thread. Brunson is good but there’s a reason Dame is top 75. He’s carried the Blazers in a much tougher West and have we forgotten those 2 series ending buzzer beaters? Plus Brunson hasn’t topped Kyrie’s 2016 Finals. Brunson just beat an injured Embiid. He’s got a nice career trajectory though and definitely has a chance to surpass those two but as of now not yet.
cgf
RealGM

Post#57 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 5:02 am

Jta444 wrote:Recency bias thread. Brunson is good but there’s a reason Dame is top 75. He’s carried the Blazers in a much tougher West and have we forgotten those 2 series ending buzzer beaters? Plus Brunson hasn’t topped Kyrie’s 2016 Finals. Brunson just beat an injured Embiid. He’s got a nice career trajectory though and definitely has a chance to surpass those two but as of now not yet.

Jalen also went toe-to-toe with Jimmy last year in a way Giannis and Tatum couldn't, after out-dueling Mitchell (again). So it's not just beating Embiid & Maxey on his own.

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:31 am

cgf wrote:
Jta444 wrote:Recency bias thread. Brunson is good but there’s a reason Dame is top 75. He’s carried the Blazers in a much tougher West and have we forgotten those 2 series ending buzzer beaters? Plus Brunson hasn’t topped Kyrie’s 2016 Finals. Brunson just beat an injured Embiid. He’s got a nice career trajectory though and definitely has a chance to surpass those two but as of now not yet.

Jalen also went toe-to-toe with Jimmy last year in a way Giannis and Tatum couldn't, after out-dueling Mitchell (again). So it's not just beating Embiid & Maxey on his own.

Who? Lol Butler is nothing special
cgf
RealGM

Post#59 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 5:32 am

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Stop it :lol:

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#60 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:33 am

cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Stop it :lol:

Is he really special vs Curry/Klay/ Draymond in their prime???? No he isn't so please stop

Return to The General Board