This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,130

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#161 » by Mr B » Sun May 5, 2024 11:10 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
You can pretend he would. But he hasn't. Which is the premise of this thread.

And having a good first round series isn't as impressive. Sorry.

I hate Kyrie but its the truth.

If Brunson wants to be considered better than Kyrie all he has to do is win the title this season.

Brunson will never be better than Kyrie

I tend to agree however if he wants to at least be considered better than Kyrie he needs to a title.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,130

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#162 » by Mr B » Sun May 5, 2024 11:11 pm

cgf wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

If Brunson wants to be considered better than Kyrie all he has to do is win the title this season.

Brunson has already done more than Kyrie ever has as a #1.

Brunson couldn’t win as a #2 when playing with a top 3 player, Kyrie did. Neither has won a title as a #1.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,533

Post#163 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
cgf wrote:
Mr B wrote:If Brunson wants to be considered better than Kyrie all he has to do is win the title this season.

Brunson couldn’t win as a #2 when playing with a top 3 player, Kyrie did. Neither has won a title as a #1.

For one, 15-16 LeBron > any version of Luka

Two, Brunson has gotten better since his Dallas years. This version of Brunson is better than that version of Kyrie.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,859

Post#164 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 11:41 pm

Mr B wrote:
cgf wrote:
Mr B wrote:If Brunson wants to be considered better than Kyrie all he has to do is win the title this season.

Kyrie failed to win a title as a #2 more times than Brunson has, and Kyrie was #2 to a better #1.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,003

Post#165 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun May 5, 2024 11:58 pm

cgf wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

He literally made the 2nd round. Kyrie did the same thing with Boston. You guys are so delusional lol.
cgf
RealGM

Post#166 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 12:36 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
cgf wrote:

He literally made the 2nd round. Kyrie did the same thing with Boston. You guys are so delusional lol.

Yes Kyrie took an ECF team to the 2nd round. Trying to argue that's as impressive as what Brunson has done in either of his Knicks runs isn't delusional, it's just silly.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,013

Post#167 » by Im Coming Home » Mon May 6, 2024 12:49 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL what has he done?

Beat a 7 seed with their best player injured?

Thats better than Dame's WCF run? Or Kyrie winning the Finals.

Made back to back semis, which the Nets haven't done since 2007. Deal with it.

Nets living in your head rent free :lol:

Call me when you make a Finals this century.

RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,953

Post#168 » by Chuck Everett » Mon May 6, 2024 12:50 am

cgf wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
cgf wrote:

Yes Kyrie took an ECF team to the 2nd round. Trying to argue that's as impressive as what Brunson has done in either of his Knicks runs isn't delusional, it's just silly.

If I recall correctly, Kyrie was actually injured when Boston made those ECF runs. Terry Rozier was eating those minutes.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#169 » by Vampirate » Mon May 6, 2024 12:53 am

Chuck Everett wrote:Brunson's season is better than any individual season Kyrie has ever had. Dame, I'm not sure. Kyrie though, 100%.

To truly enter Dame category he has to have a season average over 30 on basically the same efficiency with 7+ assists per game.

Dame last year averaged 32.1PPG on 20.7 shots with a 46.3/37.1/91.4 splits to go along with 7.3 assists

In 2019/20 he averaged 30 on 20.4 shots on 46.3/40.1/88.8 splits with 8 assists

I'm not saying he will or won't but Brunson needs to levels up more to match that.
cgf
RealGM

Post#170 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 12:53 am

Chuck Everett wrote:
cgf wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

If I recall correctly, Kyrie was actually injured when Boston made those ECF runs. Terry Rozier was eating those minutes.

Boston made the ECF in '18 when Kyrie was injured. When Kyrie was healthy they went out in round 2 ('19). That's what I was getting at with my "took an ECF team to the 2nd round" comment. That was an ECF caliber team without Kyrie. The knicks missed the playoffs the year before getting Brunson.

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,344

Post#171 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:24 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
uncleduck13 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL what has he done?

Beat a 7 seed with their best player injured?

Thats better than Dame's WCF run? Or Kyrie winning the Finals.

Yes it’s better than Dames run where he got swept and Kyrie playing robin to LeBron

Better getting there and swept then losing to an 8 seed. Brunson had Luka and lost too lol. In case you forgot.

Brunson was playing in Luka's shadow lol be real

His last playoff series showed he had another level to ascend to just that nobody knew it would be into a superstar
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#172 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 6, 2024 1:30 am

cgf wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
cgf wrote:

An "ECF" team that got lucky with easy matchups. Youre brain dead if you think the '18 Celtics were beat prime Giannis.

You guys keep talking about making the 2nd round as so impressive. :lol:

Its not to anyone but Knicks fans.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#173 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 6, 2024 1:31 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Made back to back semis, which the Nets haven't done since 2007. Deal with it.

Weve won a Championship more recently than the Knicks :lol:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#174 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 6, 2024 1:31 am

cgf wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
cgf wrote:

Boston made the ECF in '18 when Kyrie was injured. When Kyrie was healthy they went out in round 2 ('19). That's what I was getting at with my "took an ECF team to the 2nd round" comment. That was an ECF caliber team without Kyrie. The knicks missed the playoffs the year before getting Brunson.

Trae Young has made the ECF. I guess hes better than Kyrie.

What dumb logic. LOL
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#175 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:32 am

Vampirate wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Brunson's season is better than any individual season Kyrie has ever had. Dame, I'm not sure. Kyrie though, 100%.

To truly enter Dame category he has to have a season average over 30 on basically the same efficiency with 7+ assists per game.

Dame last year averaged 32.1PPG on 20.7 shots with a 46.3/37.1/91.4 splits to go along with 7.3 assists

In 2019/20 he averaged 30 on 20.4 shots on 46.3/40.1/88.8 splits with 8 assists

I'm not saying he will or won't but Brunson needs to levels up more to match that.

Lol the blazers were AWFUL last season. Dame has always been one of my favorite players but he didn't lead his team to the playoffs. Weren't they like #15th overall last season?

You can't say Brunson needs to average over 30 to compare.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,927

Post#176 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon May 6, 2024 1:35 am

I do think Brunson has more to go before he enters Kyrie and Dame's convo, but the need to win a title to be better than Kyrie is a bit silly, considering how Lebron had to carry that team (especially now that Kyrie has been revealed as a cancer). I would place Dame above Kyrie right now, too, and he has no ring.

The argument for Kyrie would hold a lot more water if Kyrie had done anything since his Cavs days, but he's had an assortment of hall of fame teammates since then and has squandered all of his opportunities.
cgf
RealGM

Post#177 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 1:46 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
cgf wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:

Trae Young has made the ECF. I guess hes better than Kyrie.

What dumb logic. LOL

Trae has accomplished more as a #1 option than Kyrie.

KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#178 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:57 am

ummmm Hello Brooklyn... :wave:

why u acting like if Brunson was a net you wouldn't be crowning his greatness since joining the Knicks especially this season / playoffs
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,161

Post#179 » by HMFFL » Mon May 6, 2024 2:14 am

One_and_Done wrote:He's not better than peak Dame, he just plays in the East and has a solid team around him.
I have Damn as a third option now on a true championship team. During his peak I had him as a #2. He's not a #1 nor has he ever been. His lack of success proves that.

Brunson is doing thibgs Dame could never do and Brunsons impact is getting noticed by those with half a brain.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,013

Post#180 » by Im Coming Home » Mon May 6, 2024 2:24 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Weve won a Championship more recently than the Knicks :lol:

Yeah and I won my hockey championship this year. It's just as relevant.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith

Return to The General Board