This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,621

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#101 » by KGtabake » Fri May 3, 2024 5:09 pm

So if you place Brunson on these blazers teams that Lillard played in the West, Portland would do better.
Right?
So Brunson is a top75 player all time and Lillard is not :roll:

And i don't believe what I'll post now... I'll defend Kyrie freakin Irving.
...the guy who helped LeBron beat the warriors.
Would Brunson do the same?

We'll know in a month from now after he wins his ring :roll:

Ps. This type of threads are the reason why players who deserve a ton of credit(like Brunson this season) get haters instantly.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
knicks512
Junior
And1: 1,127

Re: This Jalen Brunson season is better than any season from Kyrie, Dame, and who else? 

Post#102 » by knicks512 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:17 pm

Brunson hit a new level around January. If he did that for a whole year he could top a prime Dame year stat wise. He’d also need to have some more Dame type postseason memorable shots. But he’s closer than some people give him credit for.

Kyrie it’s tougher to say. I think he definitely can carry a team more than Kyrie can, but Kyrie was awesome in that Finals series. It’s not like he was Robert Horry. I don’t think Jalen needs a ring to have peaked higher than that Kyrie season, but he does need to have a little more postseason success, which I believe he will, hopefully sooner than later for me.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#103 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 5:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Mr B wrote:Well Kyrie has a ring. Brunson would have to win a ring to have a better season than Kyrie ever has. Stats are cool but the ultimate goal is to win a title.

Eh no. As time goes on, Lebron looks better and better on that team. And I say this as a guy who does not like Lebron...

Lebron kept the Cavs together for that long and got a ring out of Kyrie? Wow damn. That's why I also say Mavs fans do not appreciate Jason Kidd enough.

Well here is the shot that won the Cavs the title and if I’m not mistaken that’s not Labron taking the shot. I like Brunson but until he’s in this position and winning a title for the Knicks he won’t have a season better than Kyrie. Again, stats are great but the goal is to win a title and last I checked Kyrie has won one and Brunson hasn’t. Im not saying he can’t but he hasn’t yet.

https://youtu.be/kIF8zcj_J4Y?si=b1EfCpyCoFHQfBCP

Agreed, Kyrie has proven that he needs someone better than him taking the defense's attention, to be successful. He just doesn't have it in him to succeed as "the guy".
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#104 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 5:45 pm

KGtabake wrote:So if you place Brunson on these blazers teams that Lillard played in the West, Portland would do better.
Right?
So Brunson is a top75 player all time and Lillard is not :roll:

And i don't believe what I'll post now... I'll defend Kyrie freakin Irving.
...the guy who helped LeBron beat the warriors.
Would Brunson do the same?

We'll know in a month from now after he wins his ring :roll:

Ps. This type of threads are the reason why players who deserve a ton of credit(like Brunson this season) get haters instantly.

Just so I'm clear, are you suggesting that Brunson needs to win a ring on his own just to match the ring Kyrie won as LeBron's #2?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,643

Post#105 » by bisme37 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:47 pm

From the email NBA.com sent me today....

Jalen Brunson’s performance in this series – 35.5 ppg (1st in 2024 Playoffs), 9.0 apg (3rd) and 4.5 rpg, three straight 40+ point games to close the series – put him in elite company in NBA Playoff history.

Let’s break it down:

40+ Point Streak: Brunson is the 7th player in NBA history with three consecutive 40+ point Playoff games, joining:
Jamal Murray (2020)
Allen Iverson (2001)
Michael Jordan (1989, 1990, 1993)
Bernard King (1984)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1977)
Jerry West (1965)

35/5 Streak: Brunson is the 3rd player with four consecutive Playoff games of 35+ points and 5+ assists in a single postseason, joining:
LeBron James (2009)
Michael Jordan (1989, 1990)

40/10 Clincher: Brunson is the 4th player in NBA Playoff history to record 40+ points and 10+ assists in a series-clinching win, joining:
Devin Booker (47 pts, 10 ast: 4/25/2023 vs. LAC First Round)
Chris Paul (41 pts, 10 ast: 5/8/2018 vs. UTA West Semis)
Michael Jordan (40 pts, 10 ast: 5/19/1989 vs. NYK East Semis)
35/10 x 3: Brunson joins Oscar Robertson as the only players in NBA history with three games of 35+ points and 10+ assists in a Playoff series.

165/40 Club: Brunson joins Russell Westbrook (2017) as the only players in NBA history to record 165+ points and 40+ assists over a four-game span in the Playoffs.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,915

Post#106 » by Karate Diop » Fri May 3, 2024 5:56 pm

I know this is going to ruffle a lot of feathers... But once the league enforces the same rules they started to against Trae Young against Brunson his impact.is similarly going to fall.

There were A LOT of extremely questionable whistles going his way thanks to creative flopping / foul-baiting that were very reminiscent of what Trae used to get before the league cracked down.
cgf
RealGM

Post#107 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 6:00 pm

Karate Diop wrote:I know this is going to ruffle a lot of feathers... But once the league enforces the same rules they started to against Trae Young against Brunson his impact.is similarly going to fall.

There were A LOT of extremely questionable whistles going his way thanks to creative flopping / foul-baiting that were very reminiscent of what Trae used to get before the league cracked down.

As long as he starts getting calls when he's whacked, not sure that will matter.

bovice
Pro Prospect
And1: 949

Post#109 » by bovice » Fri May 3, 2024 7:33 pm

knicks512 wrote:
bovice wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
All of them?

Curry paired with LaMarcus Aldridge and McCollum probably sees him start dominating the league sooner. There are levels to this and Curry is at the very top.

Brunson's current success for example adds further shine to Curry's 2022 who remember took out a team that had both Doncic and Brunson in 5 games.

can you name them. LMA and McCollum were never teammates. tell me you don't know what you're talking about without telling me

Try not to use the “tell me you don’t know” crap when you’re 100% wrong. They were teammates for 2 years.

lmao my b, you right.

but do you believe the trailblazers beat the spurs in 2014 and grizzlies in 2015 with curry? that grizzlies team was capable of beating the warriors in the next round had it not been for the Conley and Allen injuries
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,655

Post#110 » by DimesandKnicks » Fri May 3, 2024 7:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL what has he done?

Beat a 7 seed with their best player injured?

Thats better than Dame's WCF run? Or Kyrie winning the Finals.

Made back to back semis, which the Nets haven't done since 2007. Deal with it.

Scored 39 plus in four straight playoff games; first player to do so since 93. Guess who?
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,528

Post#111 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:25 pm

Karate Diop wrote:I know this is going to ruffle a lot of feathers... But once the league enforces the same rules they started to against Trae Young against Brunson his impact.is similarly going to fall.

:lol:

Wanna know how much Brunson would average without FTs in the last 4 games?

32.5 ppg

Now we’re seeing all the loser talk from loser franchises.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,090

Post#112 » by sisibilio » Fri May 3, 2024 8:27 pm

Pelly24 wrote:I'll say, there seems to be a level of inevitability with Brunson I never felt with Kyrie.

This.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,528

Post#113 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:35 pm

Now, if we want to talk foul baiting…

These are the top 5 players in FTA per game in the playoffs.

Embiid: 13
Brunson: 10.5
Booker: 10.3
Dame: 10.2
Tatum: 9

Now…let’s compare their FGAs

Embiid: 22.2
Brunson: 29.2
Booker: 16.3
Dame: 20.3
Tatum: 15.4

How are the next 3 players that shoot damn near a third or half the shots Brunson is shooting averaging almost as many FTAs as him? None of them drive nearly as much as he does he either.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,884

Post#114 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri May 3, 2024 8:58 pm

"Yo, a new post by Karate Diop about the Knicks has just dropped"

god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,999

Post#115 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat May 4, 2024 4:17 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Why even comment when your team was eliminated from playoff contention months ago? You’re better than this.

Because he brought up the Nets lol. Just like you guys always do whenever I make any comment on the Knicks.

I like Brunson. Hes a good player. But hes not better than Dame or Kyrie. Sorry.

All-time? Not there yet. Rn? Absolutely

The thread says "any season."
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,999

Post#116 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat May 4, 2024 4:19 am

NoStatsGuy wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:LOL what has he done?

Beat a 7 seed with their best player injured?

Thats better than Dame's WCF run? Or Kyrie winning the Finals.

im with you on dame. but kyrie has never been a #1 in his career.

kyrie is nice and has a beautful game but hes not on brunsons level. he cant carry a team, all "his" teams were better without him, when he wanted to be the guy. boston, brooklyn, cleveland.

listen i love kyrie when hes balling and i dont wanna come across as a hater. but why does brunson need to win the title to surprass kyrie, when kyrie was lebrons lil bro? kyrie didnt win sh*t ever since

I think Kyrie was unreal on those Cavs teams in the Finals. I haven't seen Brunson do anything to that level yet.

Getting out of the first round isn't that crazy. Kyrie did that on that Celtics team too lol. As the clear #1.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,955

Post#117 » by Los_29 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:24 am

Kyrie won a championship, Dame went to the WCF which was a lot tougher than the East.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,119

Post#118 » by DaGawd » Sat May 4, 2024 4:29 am

Los_29 wrote:Kyrie won a championship, Dame went to the WCF which was a lot tougher than the East.

brunson went to a wcf too
BaF
Washington Wizards
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,955

Post#119 » by Los_29 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:05 am

DaGawd wrote:
Los_29 wrote:Kyrie won a championship, Dame went to the WCF which was a lot tougher than the East.

brunson went to a wcf too

Luka did. Brunson was there for the ride. Although he had an incredible 1st round.

Return to The General Board