Some Joel Embiid Slander

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,423

Re: Some Joel Embiid Slander 

Post#41 » by Statlanta » Fri May 3, 2024 9:32 am

He shied away from the ball in the clutch. I don’t completely blame Harden/Rivers for the meltdown against the Celtics.

He is essentially like building around Derrick Rose at this point. Even Chicago cut their losses by 2015.
Read on Twitter
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#42 » by picc » Fri May 3, 2024 9:43 am

Jabroni Lames wrote:OP is out of line here. Embiid played fantastic in this series.

Nurse deserves most of the slander here. He couldn’t even shut down 5’10” Jalen Brunson, when Knicks have no second option on offense.

Its gonna blow your mind when you realize my post was 99% not about his basketball performance.

It might actually explode when you realize I complimented it. :o
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#43 » by picc » Fri May 3, 2024 9:44 am

pontius wrote:He's a crying, foul-baiting, teammate-blaming, constantly injured, dirty, reckless, mental midget, who shrinks every year when it matters the most.

Great player though.

Great player though.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,224

Post#44 » by stoo » Fri May 3, 2024 10:54 am

greekman wrote:replace maxey with j. murray and 76ers win in 5

lol.
replace murray with maxey, denver wins.
replace maxey with murray, 76ers lose.
replace embiid with jokic. 76ers win.
replace jokic with embiid, denver loses.
replace embiid with AD, 76ers win
NotSinceWilt
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,280

Post#45 » by KembaWalker » Fri May 3, 2024 11:02 am

Shame on this dude for going out there solely on a mission to injure other players
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,933

Post#46 » by nikster » Fri May 3, 2024 11:06 am

Jabroni Lames wrote:OP is out of line here. Embiid played fantastic in this series.

Nurse deserves most of the slander here. He couldn’t even shut down 5’10” Jalen Brunson, when Knicks have no second option on offense.

It's not like they have any good perimeter defenders to put on Brunson, and while he jas the volume it was not efficient, 52TS%.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,078

Post#47 » by Exp0sed » Fri May 3, 2024 12:40 pm

kuclas wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
kuclas wrote:And Jalen Brunson foul baiting wasn’t bad? Cocking his head and hitting the sixers defender in the face and got the and 1? You don’t see anything wrong with that? Smaller guys do it all the time.

While I do agree with most of your points. Embiid is injured. Watch him as the game goes on. He doesn’t have a lot of lift in his legs. Pre injure embiid will take those jump shots.

Just not in the cards for him. He pay pretty well. Hart hit the big shot. Props to him. He did it in game 1 and now in game 6. So the Knicks had hart and Donte hit the big 3 in games 2 and 6. Their role players. Brunson scored points but he didn’t hit the most important shots.

no, it isn't even remotely close. Brunson is 6 feet tall, Embiitch is huge and was supposed to be the MVP - big diff

You basically admitting smaller guys can sell fouls and you don’t have any issues with it. There are rules in place and it should apply to everyone.

Embiid played pretty well on one leg.

his leg was fine, his problem is between his ears
dude is averaging 23% from the field and less than a single rebound in the 4th quarter and u think it's because of his legs?

how come his leg acts up so drastically in the 4th quarter?

first of all, Brunson def uses foul baiting as one of his main strategies and yeah, personally i'd prefer to watch a different style of play

moreover, i'm "admitting" no such thing..Brunson being 5'11 is much quicker than his average defender and he can (naturally, due to being small and having a tight handle) use that superior body control and quick change of pace\direction to his advantage, drawing fouls. that's the only advantage u get at basketball for being smaller, for other aspects of the game it's a huge liability (being small)

Embiid is huge, there is no reason for him to foul bait and it's unreliable in the crunch anyway, as evidenced by his clownish playoff career. there is no "MVP" in history who comes even close to the degree of failure Joe L has been in the playoffs, u can blame it on injury all u like but the fact is, if he's injured every damn playoffs then that's just who he is

Embiid is a great shooter and finisher, he's extremely fast for a guy his size and weight and he should dominate - instead, he's getting dominated year after year. being a foul merchant is a primary reason for that

there were always guards who were foul merchants, I can't recall a star Center who based his game on foul baiting, flopping and falling down to the floor and there's a reason for that

and fwiw I didn't say I "didn't have a problem with it", I def don't enjoy watching Brunson play but he's nowhere near the foul merchant and serial flopper than Embiid is, not even close

Harden was horrible but he was abusing the rules. Embiid does all that (abusing the rules) but he also flops and falls more than any other player, ever. he's endangering other players with his falls not to mention his dirty play like no otherd player befored him

it really isn't even close and only (some) 76ers fans can't see it
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,078

Post#48 » by Exp0sed » Fri May 3, 2024 12:43 pm

stoo wrote:

lol.
replace murray with maxey, denver wins.
replace maxey with murray, 76ers loses.
replace embiid with jokic. 76ers win.
replace jokic with embiid, denver loses.
replace embiid with ad, 76ers win

I can't believe the Joe L faithful are still peddling this bs, no1 in his right mind would put Jokic and Embiid in the same sentence

Maxey is better than Murray and he's be a ridicilous fit next to Jokic. Jokic with Maxey, Harris, Oubre, Batum, Lowry, Hield, Reed etc would sweep these Knicks without breaking a sweat
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,376

Post#49 » by Woodsanity » Fri May 3, 2024 12:45 pm

Sixers with murray get swept….

Someone hasnt been watching the nuggets.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,499

Post#50 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri May 3, 2024 12:50 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
kuclas wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
no, it isn't even remotely close. Brunson is 6 feet tall, Embiitch is huge and was supposed to be the MVP - big diff

You basically admitting smaller guys can sell fouls and you don’t have any issues with it. There are rules in place and it should apply to everyone.

Embiid played pretty well on one leg.

his leg was fine, his problem is between his ears
dude is averaging 23% from the field and less than a single rebound in the 4th quarter and u think it's because of his legs?

how come his leg acts up so drastically in the 4th quarter?

first of all, Brunson def uses foul baiting as one of his main strategies and yeah, personally i'd prefer to watch a different style of play

moreover, i'm "admitting" no such thing..Brunson being 5'11 is much quicker than his average defender and he can (naturally, due to being small and having a tight handle) use that superior body control and quick change of pace\direction to his advantage, drawing fouls. that's the only advantage u get at basketball for being smaller, for other aspects of the game it's a huge liability (being small)

Embiid is huge, there is no reason for him to foul bait and it's unreliable in the crunch anyway, as evidenced by his clownish playoff career. there is no "MVP" in history who comes even close to the degree of failure Joe L has been in the playoffs, u can blame it on injury all u like but the fact is, if he's injured every damn playoffs then that's just who he is

Embiid is a great shooter and finisher, he's extremely fast for a guy his size and weight and he should dominate - instead, he's getting dominated year after year. being a foul merchant is a primary reason for that

there were always guards who were foul merchants, I can't recall a star Center who based his game on foul baiting, flopping and falling down to the floor and there's a reason for that

and fwiw I didn't say I "didn't have a problem with it", I def don't enjoy watching Brunson play but he's nowhere near the foul merchant and serial flopper than Embiid is, not even close

Harden was horrible but he was abusing the rules. Embiid does all that (abusing the rules) but he also flops and falls more than any other player, ever. he's endangering other players with his falls not to mention his dirty play like no otherd player befored him

it really isn't even close and only (some) 76ers fans can't see it
It’s what’s between his ears that impacts him physically due to a lack of accountability. He enters the season overweight, which naturally leads to injuries. The added weight makes it harder for him to stay fit, and his poor performance is often blamed on these injuries. If he held himself accountable and got into proper shape, perhaps he wouldn’t face these issues. His reliance on foul baiting is a necessity due to his lack of endurance. The struggle is no struggle when it is self imposed
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,661

Post#51 » by Meeksology » Fri May 3, 2024 1:29 pm

pontius wrote:He's a crying, foul-baiting, teammate-blaming, constantly injured, dirty, reckless, mental midget, who shrinks every year when it matters the most.

Great player though.

:lol: :lol:

today I learned the perfect formula to totally eviscerate someone in a post without being tagged a hater

Return to The General Board