Toronto

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Ray Donovan
Junior
And1: 165

Toronto 

Post#1 » by Ray Donovan » Fri May 3, 2024 7:04 am

How did Toronto w/Siakam, OG &Barnes leading the way not do better in the playoffs the Last few seasons ? Had Trent Jr to shoot & a decent pt guard too + Nic Nurse is a damn good coach, smh
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,834

Re: Toronto 

Post#2 » by Rainwater » Fri May 3, 2024 7:08 am

Sometimes the parts just don’t fit well.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 459

Post#3 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri May 3, 2024 7:23 am

Indy has Haliburton, NY has Brunson.

Side note, if a mod sees this, is there any way to gain access to the "new post" feature for my account?
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,413

Post#4 » by Black Jack » Fri May 3, 2024 7:25 am

I feel like Raps vibe has been absolutely awful ever since their prophet Kawhi forsake them.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Ray Donovan
Junior

Post#5 » by Ray Donovan » Fri May 3, 2024 7:31 am

VanFleet was that weak ? Did pretty good in Houston
Ray Donovan
Junior

Post#6 » by Ray Donovan » Fri May 3, 2024 7:35 am

President/GM & HC have to be responsible for poor showing, had talented squad, why Poetel trade ?
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,971

Post#7 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri May 3, 2024 7:49 am

Ray Donovan wrote:How did Toronto w/Siakam, OG &Barnes leading the way not do better in the playoffs the Last few seasons ? Had Trent Jr to shoot & a decent pt guard too + Nic Nurse is a damn good coach, smh

Nurse had: FVV, OG, Barnes, Siakam, Poeltl + Trent, Precious & Boucher off the bench.

And he couldn’t even make the playoffs.

Nurse is massively overrated. You look back at his playoff coaching career and he’s been saved by players making miraculous shots or going supernova. His reputation is waaaaay overblown.
Ray Donovan
Junior

Post#8 » by Ray Donovan » Fri May 3, 2024 7:51 am

Mite have,something there
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,145

Post#9 » by UcanUwill » Fri May 3, 2024 7:53 am

Pascal, OG and Barbes essentially play same position, their game does excell in different ways, but the fit was clunky. I think there is a reason why basketball is played the way it is, and why positions exist still. Similar case with Phoenix this year I guess, individually, these players were good.

Also, sometimes it can be as easy as, do you have best player to close out the game. These 3 weren't that.
Ray Donovan
Junior

Post#10 » by Ray Donovan » Fri May 3, 2024 7:54 am

Why not sign Siakam, & OG, trade,Fred,& Poetel, smh
Jabroni Lames
Analyst

Post#11 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri May 3, 2024 8:17 am

UcanUwill wrote:Pascal, OG and Barbes essentially play same position, their game does excell in different ways, but the fit was clunky. I think there is a reason why basketball is played the way it is, and why positions exist still. Similar case with Phoenix this year I guess, individually, these players were good.

Also, sometimes it can be as easy as, do you have best player to close out the game. These 3 weren't that.

Lmao. Now the excuse is that Masai gave Nurse multi-positional, dynamic, athletic and physically gifted, all-star, all-nba and all-defense players that are way too versatile?

The mental gymnastics to defend Nurse are getting more and more entertaining, among other things.
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 560

Post#12 » by Ssj16 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:18 am

Black Jack wrote:I feel like Raps vibe has been absolutely awful ever since their prophet Kawhi forsake them.

We were decent the year right after and I feel confident the Raps could have repeated. After 2020, I think things started going downhill though.

That being said, doesn't seem like things have been going great for Kawhi either.
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 560

Post#13 » by Ssj16 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:18 am

UcanUwill wrote:Pascal, OG and Barbes essentially play same position, their game does excell in different ways, but the fit was clunky. I think there is a reason why basketball is played the way it is, and why positions exist still. Similar case with Phoenix this year I guess, individually, these players were good.

Well said.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst

Post#14 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri May 3, 2024 8:27 am

Ssj16 wrote:

Well said.

lol. The Nick Nurse disciples are grasping at complete rubbish now that their messiah has been exposed as a fraud.
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,252

Post#15 » by Appostis » Fri May 3, 2024 8:32 am

It really was simply a lack of one or two more pieces.

If they could get more shooting around that core..

Simply you had three big pieces that didn't quite fit timeline or fit wise.

If they were able to keep OG while adding the pieces they got for it OG.. team would of been amazing.

Did Pascal was a couple years younger... And they had this current team, by next year..they would of been pretty great.
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,252

Post#16 » by Appostis » Fri May 3, 2024 8:33 am

Jabroni Lames wrote:
Ssj16 wrote:

Well said.

lol. The Nick Nurse disciples are grasping at complete rubbish now that their messiah has been exposed as a fraud.

How does it feel to be the dumbest guy in the room?
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,791

Post#17 » by One_and_Done » Fri May 3, 2024 8:35 am

Ray Donovan wrote:How did Toronto w/Siakam, OG &Barnes leading the way not do better in the playoffs the Last few seasons ? Had Trent Jr to shoot & a decent pt guard too + Nic Nurse is a damn good coach, smh

Masai started to believe his own stans and played himself.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
greekman
Senior
And1: 331

Post#18 » by greekman » Fri May 3, 2024 9:00 am

siakam is a number 2 now and og has thibodeau. vanvleet hasn't done anything since he left. barnes, rj, quickley, some draft picks and a lot of cap room are better for them.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst

Post#19 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri May 3, 2024 9:00 am

Appostis wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:
Ssj16 wrote:
Well said.

How does it feel to be the dumbest guy in the room?

Seeing as we are posting in an online internet forum, and not a conversing together in room, we can conclude that there’s at least one poster called Apostis who is dumber than all of us.
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,895

Post#20 » by Thaddy » Fri May 3, 2024 9:11 am

Poor fit, not enough spacing, and no depth leading to high minutes and injuries.

Return to The General Board