Where will Paul George sign next season?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

where will PG sign in 2024?

Poll runs till Wed Jul 3, 2024 1:43 pm

Orlando
11%
Philadelphia
28%
Clippers
52%
Other
8%

Total votes: 141

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,697

Re: Where will Paul George sign next season? 

Post#81 » by Chuck Everett » Sat May 4, 2024 4:42 am

Honestly, if I was Orlando, I'd rather get D-Lo than Paul George. He's going to cost less money, he's a better shooter and he can actually play both guard spots next to Suggs, Anthony and Black. You can hide his D with the elite length around him as well. Orlando doesn't need to get mid-to-late 30's vets, unless Klay Thompson/Chris Paul are willing to come and be bench players/mentors like Joe Ingles.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,649

Post#82 » by dygaction » Sat May 4, 2024 4:43 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
picc wrote:If I'm him I go to Orlando or Indiana or OKC.

If Dallas could shed some salary or do a S&T he'd make them the favorites in the league.

He would be useless in Dallas Luka and Kyrie run that offense. PG would just be a spot up shooter playing with those guys.

Go to Orlando that's the best situation considering his age and the weaker conference.

That's what PG is good for with Luka and Kyrie, not having to think much and having a well-defined role. He is too lost or timid on the court for having the ball too much.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,050

Post#83 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat May 4, 2024 4:44 am

Read on Twitter
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#84 » by Decipher » Sat May 4, 2024 4:48 am

Don’t understand the logic behind the idea that Clippers have to sign him because they’re building a new stadium

The team isn’t very good with him so I can’t see why it matters
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,634

Post#85 » by Mrakar » Sat May 4, 2024 4:59 am

Wherever he signs it will be a nail in the coffin for that team. I just hope Orlando doesnt take the bait. 76ers and Clippers are doomed anyway because their stars dont show when it matters(one way or another)...
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,954

Post#86 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 4, 2024 5:05 am

Mrakar wrote:Wherever he signs it will be a nail in the coffin for that team. I just hope Orlando doesnt take the bait. 76ers and Clippers are doomed anyway because their stars dont show when it matters(one way or another)...

Nah he can be useful he just needs to go to a better team.

Put him with some young guys like Banchero and Franz and he can be a guy who takes them on a deep playoff run. He's clearly not a #1 option, but in that 3rd option role he could make a difference.

Makes no sense to keep these aging guys together for the Clippers.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,117

Post#87 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 4, 2024 5:09 am

Decipher wrote:Don’t understand the logic behind the idea that Clippers have to sign him because they’re building a new stadium

they want sellouts to justify the new stadium and that requires stars. Balmer is the classic billionaire that got lucky in one industry but is a clueless buffoon in another. He overpaid for the Clippers, built the new arena and will happily pay taxes and lose millions so fannies are in the seats even if it ends in a first round exit at best. They have almost no other options because like an idiot they extended Kawhi and George is a FA. They don't even have potential first rounders to look forward to if they were to tank. Seriously, this is one of the worst run "successful" teams in the NBA and it's because of Balmer.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,954

Post#88 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 4, 2024 5:25 am

PG post game pc... "This is a brutal sport we play" "It's taxing on the body people don't understand what we go through"

PG ain't got that DAWG in em!
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 261

Post#89 » by yoadknux » Sat May 4, 2024 5:46 am

PG lost it when he left Indiana
He's one hell of a player, but doesn't play with the same intensity, and winning is not a top priority for him, he's all about lifestyle and podcasts now
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#90 » by Decipher » Sat May 4, 2024 6:09 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Decipher wrote:Don’t understand the logic behind the idea that Clippers have to sign him because they’re building a new stadium

they want sellouts to justify the new stadium and that requires stars. Balmer is the classic billionaire that got lucky in one industry but is a clueless buffoon in another. He overpaid for the Clippers, built the new arena and will happily pay taxes and lose millions so fannies are in the seats even if it ends in a first round exit at best. They have almost no other options because like an idiot they extended Kawhi and George is a FA. They don't even have potential first rounders to look forward to if they were to tank. Seriously, this is one of the worst run "successful" teams in the NBA and it's because of Balmer.

Ballmer is arguably the luckiest person in the history of business so nothing would surprise
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,066

Post#91 » by vxmike » Sat May 4, 2024 8:04 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Thunder will have the cap space to sign him, so will Philly. Those are about the only two good teams with cap space.

I heard something that his mom is in a wheelchair and can't travel he probably wouldn't want to leave L.A. on top of the fact that practically no player leaves L.A. I think he's going to be a Clipper.
OKC doesn't, and you forgot about the Magic. Paul George says on his podcast that he loves Orlando.

Read on Twitter
?t=yvclAo2ILqGZIcSy7H_AEQ&s=19

Thunder have about 35 million already after releasing cap holds, would need to shed more salary if he wants the max.

Either way with his mother being in a wheelchair and can't travel, I don't see him leaving the Clippers.

In 2024 there’s nothing about PG13’s game that suggests he’s worth a max. Whoever gives it to him quickly regret it.
clippertown
Veteran
And1: 938

Post#92 » by clippertown » Sat May 4, 2024 8:16 am

If George leaves, I hope it will be to San Fran to play with Curry. Not sure of legality, but he could opt in with LAC for $45M and then get traded to GSW for a sign & traded Klay at $18M per for two years, Draymond at $22M and Moody at $4M.

This kind of helps out both teams. Curry and George would be very complimentary. So would Klay and Kawhi. Both need a change.
MoreyWins
Sophomore
And1: 129

Post#93 » by MoreyWins » Sat May 4, 2024 8:16 am

I'm glad people here see through the Playoff P mirage
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,058

Post#94 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:30 am

Go be LeBron's Pippen for the next 3 yrs
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,624

Post#95 » by Wolveswin » Sat May 4, 2024 11:38 am

LaLover11 wrote:Go be LeBron's Pippen for the next 3 yrs

Which would have to be in Philly. Which is what James and George should do. Go to Philly and split all the cap space dollars 76ers have. Paycut for sure, but produces a team much better than where they came from.

Embiid
James
George
Oubre Jr (MLE player)
Maxey

Will with exception level players, ring chasers and minimum players.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,610

Post#96 » by baldur » Sat May 4, 2024 11:40 am

he played like he checked out already but clippers seem still the best option and run again in the next few years.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,967

Post#97 » by dirkules_41 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:42 am

He's the lazy and comfortable type, no way he's leaving Cali unless he has to. He'll squeeze the Clippers for the right contract and sign.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,058

Post#98 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:46 am

Wolveswin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:Go be LeBron's Pippen for the next 3 yrs

Which would have to be in Philly. Which is what James and George should do. Go to Philly and split all the cap space dollars 76ers have. Paycut for sure, but produces a team much better than where they came from.

Embiid
James
George
Oubre Jr (MLE player)
Maxey

Will with exception level players, ring chasers and minimum players.

That team would be nasty!
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,051

Post#99 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat May 4, 2024 6:34 pm

doogie_hauser wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:If Paul George has any sense he will run away from the Clippers.

How can he want to keep playing with Kawhi? Whos literally been hurt for 4 years in a row?

Just sign with Philly. Embiid/Maxey/George probably wins the East. And he can get credit for being the missing piece.

Orlando is not there yet. Need more time.

Why not The Knicks ?

I think the challenge and legacy of possibly winning a chip there is very enticing.

I feel Maxey's growth means Philly need a taller two way wing type of player.

Brunson and PG could be a very fluid and dangerous backcourt.
Randle coming back healthy next season and they definitely have a roster that can challenge Boston in the East.

I would rather play with Embiid and Maxey than Brunson and the role guys.

Also Philly has the cap space so they wouldn't have to give up any assets to get him.

NY is a feel good story. But theyre just not title contenders in my view.
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 792

Post#100 » by AlexanderRight » Sat May 4, 2024 6:46 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:OKC and Philly have huge incentive to sign him in part because OKC owns the next three Clipper picks and Philly owns two Clipper picks as well.

Man, that would be the greatest fleece ever. To trade PG for SGA and picks just to buy PG back just in time to make Clippers suck and reap off SGA, and PG, and Clippers own picks? Not to mention the stud youngins you already drafted? What a **** job by Presti. :lol:

Return to The General Board