Lakers fire Darvin Ham

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,027

Re: Lakers fire Darvin Ham 

Post#161 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:44 am

Kordic27 wrote:When do people start looking in Pelinka’s direction?

Years ago. But he was Kobe's guy and he's close with Jeannie. He's not going anywhere.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#162 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat May 4, 2024 2:20 am

can someone explain JJ Redick to me? Why would he be on anyone’s list for a head coaching job? He hasn’t coached at any level, hasn’t worked in any front offices, wasn’t known as a master gamesman/strategist/floor general as a player. It’s all the more crazy that there are reports tying him to LAL - the hottest coaching seat in basketball.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,584

Post#163 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:32 am

infinite11285 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:how many coaches has Lebron gotten fired now?

Of the fired coaches, how many won a ring as a head coach afterwards?

These hot troll takes are beyond comical.

Hate to burst your bubble but he tried to get Spoelstra fired when he was in Miami. This is coming from Riley. He said this in his book. Riley refused to listen to him. Spo is first ballot HOF coach.
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#164 » by jehosafats » Sat May 4, 2024 2:32 am

The basketball gods have spoken [!!!]
Thank you for your service, Ham. Seriously.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,726

Post#165 » by infinite11285 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:33 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:how many coaches has Lebron gotten fired now?

Hate to burst your bubble but he tried to get Spoelstra fired when he was in Miami. This is coming from Riley. He said this in his book. Riley refused to listen to him. Spo is first ballot HOF coach.

What's your point?

Was he fired? No.
Has he won anything since? No.

Let me reiterate my point of the coaches that WERE FIRED…

(And I like Spo)
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#166 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:41 am

infinite11285 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

What's your point?

Was he fired? No.

(And I like Spo)

Point is Riley said no but he wanted Spo fired cause Spo wanted to coach the team lol! Well Miami has been to the finals twice in the last four years without the most stacked roster and i cant think of another current coach who makes the most out of average talent. Sorry man but he is a head coaches worst nightmare if the team loses.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#167 » by infinite11285 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:44 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

What's your point?

Was he fired? No.

(And I like Spo)

Point is Riley said no but he wanted Spo fired cause Spo wanted to coach the team lol! Well Miami has been to the finals twice in the last four years without the most stacked roster and i cant think of another current coach who makes the most out of average talent. Sorry man but he is a head coaches worst nightmare if the team loses.

Cool.

So again: was Spo fired? No.
Has Spo won anything since? No.
Again, it's a results driven position.

Check my previous post.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 999

Post#168 » by ScrantonBulls » Sat May 4, 2024 2:45 am

infinite11285 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Effigy wrote:All their problems are solved now.
It's a continuous cycle with Lebron James. He cannot help himself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Ham could barely manage timeouts. Christian Woods was his 6th for several months. What're we talking about here?

A lot of people legitimately think LeBron has been the GM for multiple teams he has been on. That's not an exaggeration. He lobbied for Westbrook, therefore he has been the GM for over half his career, apparently.

LeBron makes some people lose the ability to use rational thought. I'll never understand it.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,331

Post#169 » by doogie_hauser » Sat May 4, 2024 3:05 am

I get serious Steve Nash coaching vibes about JJ Reddick.

Lakers should make Ty Lue their number 1 priority.

Former championship winning player with them, knows the culture and heavy expectations of the franchise, won a chip without Lebron as coach of Cleveland (which is a remarkable and underrated achievement, Lebron's most worthy ring imo)

Lakers cannot afford to try another untested coach at NBA level imho
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,041

Post#170 » by DusterBuster » Sat May 4, 2024 3:06 am

JJ will get the job.

Bookmark this post.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,041

Post#171 » by DusterBuster » Sat May 4, 2024 3:08 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Lakers cannot afford to try another untested coach at NBA level imho

JJ is one of the rising stars in NBA media. It’s LA. They’ll hire JJ because of how he will work on TV. don’t overthink it.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#172 » by nzahir » Sat May 4, 2024 3:29 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:It's a continuous cycle with Lebron James. He cannot help himself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Ham could barely manage timeouts. Christian Woods was his 6th for several months. What're we talking about here?

A lot of people legitimately think LeBron has been the GM for multiple teams he has been on. That's not an exaggeration. He lobbied for Westbrook, therefore he has been the GM for over half his career, apparently.

LeBron makes some people lose the ability to use rational thought. I'll never understand it.

People blame Lebron for Russ, yet bat a blind eye for the other 10 negative things Pelinka has done

Let Brook Lopez walk for nothing when he wanted to be back.

Trade Zubac for 1/2 season of **** MUSCALA

Let Caruso walk

Horrible Russ deal happened since they didn’t want long term Demar deal.

Didn’t sign Ty Lue and had to get Ham (and now not many great options)

Didn’t trade Russ and a couple 1sts for Kyrie

Didnt get a good backup C while knowing they would eventually have to go through Den

etc etc
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#173 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:38 am

infinite11285 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
What's your point?

Was he fired? No.

(And I like Spo)

Cool.

So again: was Spo fired? No.
Has Spo won anything since? No.
Again, it's a results driven position.

Check my previous post.

Its a results driven position but sometimes the players dont get the job done either. And no im not blaming any single player on the Lakers. Kidd is not a good head coach but since the Mavs are winning i dont think his job is in jeopardy. But its because Luka and Irving as well as the jolt the team received at the trade deadline with Gafford and PJ. I dont think any head coach would have had more success with that team. And JJ Redick is qualified to be a head coach in the nba for what reason? Cause that is the rumor.
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#174 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:41 am

doogie_hauser wrote:I get serious Steve Nash coaching vibes about JJ Reddick.

Former championship winning player with them, knows the culture and heavy expectations of the franchise, won a chip without Lebron as coach of Cleveland (which is a remarkable and underrated achievement, Lebron's most worthy ring imo)

Sounds like Clippers are gonna lock Lue up with a big comtract.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,051

Post#175 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 4, 2024 3:44 am

infinite11285 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

LeBron has gotten one coach fired and that's Blatt. There's no indication at all he had anything to do with Vogel or Ham getting fired.

It doesn't matter. Not a single HC LeBron got “fired” experienced success on any level. Again, the microwaved takes on this Board are exhausting at times.

Folks really think a 40-year-old is making Front Office moves. It's quite stupid.

False.

imagine trying to convince people in 2024 that Lebron doesn't run the show and hasn't since he left CLE the first time. Talk about troll takes. It's quite stupid. The man clearly has gotten several coaches fired. He's clearly steered Clutch clients and his buddies to his team. He's absolutely making front office moves via the power he wields and pressure he exerts. You can't possibly expect anyone to believe otherwise

There's been super teams (many formed by Lebron btw) dominating the NBA for the last two decades. When are these fired coaches supposed to get in there and win rings post Lebron? Mike Brown has won a COTY award post Lebron. Weird, that certainly seems like he's achieved "success on any level". Vogel just won 50 games and made the playoffs with a very flawed roster and has only been gone a single year since being fired. Seems decently successful to me. Blatt never got another chance to coach and was fired despite leading them to the Finals which they lost mainly because of injuries. I'm sure he could have coached them to win the 2016 rigged Finals had he stayed. Silas and Walton had awful rosters. Your premise is so disingenuous. Must coaches win championships to be deemed a success?
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#176 » by infinite11285 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:46 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
LeBron has gotten one coach fired and that's Blatt. There's no indication at all he had anything to do with Vogel or Ham getting fired.

It doesn't matter. Not a single HC LeBron got “fired” experienced success on any level. Again, the microwaved takes on this Board are exhausting at times.

Folks really think a 40-year-old is making Front Office moves. It's quite stupid.

False.

Please cite otherwise so that I can assure that I'm not crazy.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,331

Post#177 » by doogie_hauser » Sat May 4, 2024 3:47 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:I get serious Steve Nash coaching vibes about JJ Reddick.

Sounds like Clippers are gonna lock Lue up with a big comtract.

Assuming that will happen, the Lakers should seriously consider Budenholzer.

Lebron and his team need an older, more experienced coach who is playoff savvy and has a chip on his resume.

The Bucks were underdogs in their finals series against the Suns yet pulled off an impressive championship triumph.

If the Lakers want to waste the last couple of seasons on an untried/glamour celeb style of coach in JJ Reddick, well so be it. But as I say, it has Brooklyn under Steve Nash vibes all over it.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer

Post#178 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 4, 2024 3:51 am

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:can someone explain JJ Redick to me? Why would he be on anyone’s list for a head coaching job? He hasn’t coached at any level, hasn’t worked in any front offices, wasn’t known as a master gamesman/strategist/floor general as a player. It’s all the more crazy that there are reports tying him to LAL - the hottest coaching seat in basketball.

The real question is why not Redick? Most head coaches are former players. He is more successful in his career than most and he's been around the game since retiring. Sure, he's an annoying blowhard who is an apologist for this era and its players and maybe he should get some experience first but he wouldn't be the first former player to be made head coach without experience. As to why he'd get the Lakers job, it's pretty obvious that he's blowing smoke up the right persons behind and that person that person is among the most powerful in the NBA and has almost always got what he wanted. If Lebron wants JJ he'll get him.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,588

Post#179 » by jkvonny » Sat May 4, 2024 3:54 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

False.

imagine trying to convince people in 2024 that Lebron doesn't run the show and hasn't since he left CLE the first time. Talk about troll takes. It's quite stupid. The man clearly has gotten several coaches fired. He's clearly steered Clutch clients and his buddies to his team. He's absolutely making front office moves via the power he wields and pressure he exerts. You can't possibly expect anyone to believe otherwise

There's been super teams (many formed by Lebron btw) dominating the NBA for the last two decades. When are these fired coaches supposed to get in there and win rings post Lebron? Mike Brown has won a COTY award post Lebron. Weird, that certainly seems like he's achieved "success on any level". Vogel just won 50 games and made the playoffs with a very flawed roster and has only been gone a single year since being fired. Seems decently successful to me. Blatt never got another chance to coach and was fired despite leading them to the Finals which they lost mainly because of injuries. I'm sure he could have coached them to win the 2016 rigged Finals had he stayed. Silas and Walton had awful rosters. Your premise is so disingenuous. Must coaches win championships to be deemed a success?

Great post.

Just disagree with the 2016 championship, though. That was LeBrons best NBA title and team accomplishment.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer

Post#180 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 4, 2024 3:55 am

infinite11285 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

False.

Please cite otherwise so that I can assure that I'm not crazy.

already did. Mike Brown led us to two good seasons (given our roster and injuries) including our first playoff birth since 2006 and while I'm not a huge fan he's won Coach of the Year. By any metric that should be deemed a success. Vogel in his lone season post Lebron led the flawed Suns to 49 wins and a playoff birth. That's not failure.

Return to The General Board