Nick Wright demolishes Pat Beverly

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,136

Re: Nick Wright demolishes Pat Beverly 

Post#41 » by EmperorLocky » Sat May 4, 2024 3:15 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
EmperorLocky wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote: It's Pat Beverly.

He's a nobody this shouldn't be a major story. If anything he's benefiting from this nonsense.

I'm sure sponsors are desperate to sign him. Big brain move by Pat. BBB sponsorship incoming.
Draymond literally got commercials after his incidents on the court. These dudes apologize and somehow they get bigger off the court.

It's 2024 and being a controversial person sells sadly. People love the nonsense.

Let me know when it all works out for Pat.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,529

Post#42 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 4, 2024 3:18 am

EmperorLocky wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
EmperorLocky wrote:
I'm sure sponsors are desperate to sign him. Big brain move by Pat. BBB sponsorship incoming.
Draymond literally got commercials after his incidents on the court. These dudes apologize and somehow they get bigger off the court.

It's 2024 and being a controversial person sells sadly. People love the nonsense.

I mean he already has a career after basketball. I'm sure ESPN will pick him up because they love controversy.
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,380

Post#43 » by CS707 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:23 am

reddyplayerone wrote:
CS707 wrote:That was incredibly corny if we’re being honest here.

Why?

Fair question. I’m not sure how to explain it to someone that doesn’t see it that way. Fake, over the top, melodramatic I guess. I don’t believe for a second that he actually cares to the extent that he’s putting on. I’m predisposed to not liking Nick anyway though so there’s that too. He’s just a homeless man’s SAS.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,324

Post#44 » by doogie_hauser » Sat May 4, 2024 3:25 am

No fan of Nick Wright but Pat Bev has always been bit of a hot head.

I am kind of surprised he hasn't actually had a Vernon Maxwell moment of madness interaction with a loud mouth fan/heckler ...

He hasn't looked happy on court ever since he left Minnesota (which was a great fit for him)
GrindCityHustle
Starter
And1: 2,340

Post#45 » by GrindCityHustle » Sat May 4, 2024 4:42 am

Pat showed the wolves they can win. His effects are being felt today. He is a behind the scenes guy that can help a team make the next step. I honestly think he helped Edwards know he was good.

Bev is a guy that comes in and gets people to care. He was just mad because he tried but they couldn't have won anyway with giannis and dame not there. A true competitor spirit. He was suppose to be out of the league years ago but having someone who cares helps. Just a bad emotional move.
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,719

Post#46 » by ChuckChilly » Sat May 4, 2024 4:42 am

This will be a great series to see just how legit Watson's defense is.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,652

Post#47 » by NBA4Lyfe » Sat May 4, 2024 4:52 am

nick wright is a klutch sports employee.. i bet he would never trash draymond like that
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,178

Post#48 » by Lalouie » Sat May 4, 2024 4:58 am

im gonna hijack this thread cuz patrick beverly doesnt desrve any mention. he gave westbrook the injury that started westbrook's series of over a dozen procedures. i'll bet everyone has forgotten THAT incident

so instead i'll give my lone input on "first things first". i'm not a wright fan but this trio whom individually i couldnt give a fart about,,,,make up a good entertaining program

it along with "undisputed" and "speak" are all at least an egalitarian group, unlike "first take" and that other show that follows it that are just about being loud and promoting the main host
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,132

Post#49 » by The Real Dalic » Sat May 4, 2024 5:01 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
These threads are the definition of trolling
Get over it and move on already :crazy:

You not being smart enough to understand why someone throwing things at fans is a bad thing doesn't make us trolls.

Throwing a things at fans ?

It was a basketball, you know , round rubber object players use to play basketball

It wasn’t a chair or shoe , fans who’s buying floor seats are often hit with this , you so called object or worse getting crushed under 300 pounds players body

This is non story , trolls and commentators like Nick Wright trying to make a living out of this

Yes this non story is soft , I still enjoy to watch all this players starting with Rasheed Wallace , Ron Artest , and going further with Draymond , Pat Bev , Embiid, Dillon Brooks , you know why ? Because to me it seems they care

I prefer them all bad boys any day of the week over , Bradley Beals , Tobias Harris , etc

Finally all the talk about Pat Bev celebrating his victory in play in game , 99.9% people who’s laughing about never in their life achieved anything close to this and yes this includes Mr Nick Wright

I hate this logic. Why is it that some people believe players can do no wrong and are these superior beings? They aren't, he isn't. Fans get all the crap when an NBA player throws things at them or throw them out of arenas.

I personally haven't accomplished anything major in my life as I'm still waiting for the right person to have a family with. But there are millions to billions of people that have accomplished far more than Beverly ever has. The man and woman that had their first child, the man or woman who became a doctor after years of hard work, the child who won their first swim meet, these are just small examples of someone accomplishing things as great as Patrick winning a play-in game before losing in the 1st round.

Stop putting these athletes on a pedestal that they do not deserve. They're just people, like you and I. Their can be evil or great people in professional sports as well.

So I fully disagree that 99.9% of people haven't achieved something as "great" as a play-in win.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,276

Post#50 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:45 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
You not being smart enough to understand why someone throwing things at fans is a bad thing doesn't make us trolls.

Throwing a things at fans ?

It was a basketball, you know , round rubber object players use to play basketball

It wasn’t a chair or shoe , fans who’s buying floor seats are often hit with this , you so called object or worse getting crushed under 300 pounds players body

This is non story , trolls and commentators like Nick Wright trying to make a living out of this

Yes this non story is soft , I still enjoy to watch all this players starting with Rasheed Wallace , Ron Artest , and going further with Draymond , Pat Bev , Embiid, Dillon Brooks , you know why ? Because to me it seems they care

I prefer them all bad boys any day of the week over , Bradley Beals , Tobias Harris , etc

Finally all the talk about Pat Bev celebrating his victory in play in game , 99.9% people who’s laughing about never in their life achieved anything close to this and yes this includes Mr Nick Wright

I hate this logic. Why is it that some people believe players can do no wrong and are these superior beings? They aren't, he isn't. Fans get all the crap when an NBA player throws things at them or throw them out of arenas.

I personally haven't accomplished anything major in my life as I'm still waiting for the right person to have a family with. But there are millions to billions of people that have accomplished far more than Beverly ever has. The man and woman that had their first child, the man or woman who became a doctor after years of hard work, the child who won their first swim meet, these are just small examples of someone accomplishing things as great as Patrick winning a play-in game before losing in the 1st round.

Stop putting these athletes on a pedestal that they do not deserve. They're just people, like you and I. Their can be evil or great people in professional sports as well.

So I fully disagree that 99.9% of people haven't achieved something as "great" as a play-in win.

Are those people being criticized and laughed at for having a first child , or for becoming a doctor ?

We talking here about professional sport ( more or less about 400 best athletes in the world basketball wise ) let’s not confuse this with the child who won their first swim competition unless this child is young Michael Phelps

Finally I’m not putting anyone on pedestal , Pat Bev never played for a team I’m rooting for , none of this "bad" guys did actually, I just appreciate them more than athletes who’s all smile and buddy-buddy after a hard loss aka Tobias Harris , Beal or even Vince Carter
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,495

Post#51 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 4, 2024 6:15 am

That was a thing of beauty lol perfectly described Bev to the letter.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,750

Post#52 » by Dez » Sat May 4, 2024 9:21 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
EmperorLocky wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote: Draymond literally got commercials after his incidents on the court. These dudes apologize and somehow they get bigger off the court.

I mean he already has a career after basketball. I'm sure ESPN will pick him up because they love controversy.

Does he?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nba/article-13381339/amp/Patrick-Beverley-banned-future-ESPN-appearances-podcast.html
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,086

Post#53 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat May 4, 2024 9:32 am

Yep came here to post that. For anyone that thinks you only win with controversy like this. ESPN that has had him as frequent guest litterally banned him because of how he behaved towards the female journalist post game interview. Unhinged pompous lunacy.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,958

Post#54 » by Los_29 » Sat May 4, 2024 10:41 am

You have to give Pat Bev credit though, even though he’s always been a bad basketball player, we still talk about him. The guy knew what he was doing and it worked. The guy is a master troll who cared more about building his following than anything on the basketball court.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,224

Post#55 » by stoo » Sat May 4, 2024 10:49 am

who is nick right?
NotSinceWilt
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,529

Post#56 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 4, 2024 10:52 am

:wink:
stoo wrote:who is nick right?

A Patrick Mahomes superfan.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,368

Post#57 » by JDR720 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:03 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:nick wright is a klutch sports employee.. i bet he would never trash draymond like that

He's went after Draymond a lot. Nick is an idiot sometimes, but he's usually pretty consistent on things like this.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,742

Post#58 » by Ice Man » Sat May 4, 2024 11:07 am

Los_29 wrote:You have to give Pat Bev credit though, even though he’s always been a bad basketball player, we still talk about him.

Pat knows that the more he talks about how he's a winner and brings winning to teams, the more that fans believe him, although he has never been on a team that made an NBA Finals, never mind won a ring. But a whole lot of people believe what they are told, if you just keep repeating the lie.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#59 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 4, 2024 1:48 pm

Pat's a role player & he's pretty f'n good in his role. He's rivaling Jrue Holiday in stats for these playoffs. Bucks lost a series with injuries to their top 3 players throughout or for sections of it.

Bizarre to single out Bev's previous teams for health shortcomings of the current team. But keep reaching Nick Wright. Also, if he wants to be in Milwaukee, they're bringing him back. So that little point about teams not wanting him, again personal conjecture.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 299

Post#60 » by Slimjimzv » Sat May 4, 2024 2:12 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
These threads are the definition of trolling
Get over it and move on already :crazy:

There's two threads now about this incident
All you crybaby's that want Beverley punished... Get over it already smh. Let the NBA handle it and continue watching playoff basketball :roll:

He won't get suspended more than 1 game for this
Most likely a fine and that's it

I get it all you guys hate Beverley but c'mon all you sound extremely soft :lol:

Nah, it'll be far more than one game. Silver loves to set an example using non-star players. Plus, he can't afford to anger ESPN in the middle of the TV deal bidding war. I'd guess 10-15 games.

Return to The General Board