Donovan Mitchell Scores 50 Points and Cavs Still Lose

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,067

Re: Donovan Mitchell Scores 50 Points (Franchise Record) and Cavs Still Lose 

Post#21 » by chilluminati » Sat May 4, 2024 3:02 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
chilluminati wrote:Trade one of Mobley or Allen and commit to a better offense. Go get a floor spacing big or a high volume SF.

How does a Mobley or Allen for Miles Bridges sound?

That's a good fit really. I'd love to see them get someone a bit more consistent with shooting but yeah in that area of Miles Bridges.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,412

Re: Donovan Mitchell Scores 50 Points and Cavs Still Lose 

Post#22 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat May 4, 2024 3:03 am

doogie_hauser wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:A player scoring 50 and the team not breaking 100 is wild to me.

Wonder how many times that has happened ? Would have thought it is a rarity/anamoly.
Probably more than we would think but only break 100 once in the series while the Magic have broke 100 four times in the seires just speaks to how truly awful jb is, as a coach.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,521

Re: Donovan Mitchell Scores 50 Points (Franchise Record) and Cavs Still Lose 

Post#23 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 4, 2024 3:05 am

chilluminati wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
chilluminati wrote:Trade one of Mobley or Allen and commit to a better offense. Go get a floor spacing big or a high volume SF.

How does a Mobley or Allen for Miles Bridges sound?

That's a good fit really. I'd love to see them get someone a bit more consistent with shooting but yeah in that area of Miles Bridges.

I think they showed interest in Miles at the trade deadline as well but he decided to stay in Charlotte.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,917

Post#24 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 3:07 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:A player scoring 50 and the team not breaking 100 is wild to me.
The Magic wore him out for the Sunday game.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
NotaHypeJob
Sixth Man
And1: 2,302

Post#25 » by NotaHypeJob » Sat May 4, 2024 3:08 am

The problem is Evan Mobley. They pulled the trigger on the Mitchell trade because they thought they had a budding superstar and he hasn't developed significantly. I'm not sure he'll ever be that guy
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,555

Post#26 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:13 am

The Cavs have lost both playoff games where Mitchell has taken more than 35 shots. If Allen is healthy for Sunday, the Cavs will win the series, Mitchell won't score 50, and we'll roll into Boston.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,857

Post#27 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:14 am

He scored 50 points. How can you guys fault him for that? He had the hot hand and he was very efficient.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#28 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat May 4, 2024 3:15 am

basketballRob wrote:

I mean he had the knee procedure on March 4th and hasn't been the same since. I'm sure having the procedure on his nose March 19th did him no favors.

This team is just so beat up right now. Like i said in the game thread, if this was any other situation Mitchell and Mobley would be out for several weeks, right along with Allen.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#29 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 3:23 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

I mean he had the knee procedure on March 4th and hasn't been the same since. I'm sure having the procedure on his nose March 19th did him no favors.

This team is just so beat up right now. Like i said in the game thread, if this was any other situation Mitchell and Mobley would be out for several weeks, right along with Allen.
The Magic have their share of players playing with injuries, too.

Tonight was the 3rd nationally televised game this year for the Magic. I think part of the reason they play so hard is to get some recognition.

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,043

Post#30 » by Wingy » Sat May 4, 2024 3:27 am

NotaHypeJob wrote:The problem is Evan Mobley. They pulled the trigger on the Mitchell trade because they thought they had a budding superstar and he hasn't developed significantly. I'm not sure he'll ever be that guy

Coincidence? I think not.

A ton is on Mobley as well surely, but it’s hard playing with a guy like Don who does nothing to make others better, and is so high usage going for his own.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#31 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat May 4, 2024 3:34 am

basketballRob wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Magic wore him out for the Sunday game.

Tonight was the 3rd nationally televised game this year for the Magic. I think part of the reason they play so hard is to get some recognition.

They might be but not to this level and not to key players.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#32 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 3:55 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:I mean he had the knee procedure on March 4th and hasn't been the same since. I'm sure having the procedure on his nose March 19th did him no favors.

The Magic have earned the victories. It wasn't the refs or injuries.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,051

Post#33 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 4, 2024 3:59 am

CLE is a horrible matchup for the Magic and will likely win game 7. Celtics better hope so because this Magic team is a nightmare matchup for the Celtics without Porzingis. You don't want these young kids to gain confidence and start believing they should beat everyone.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#34 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat May 4, 2024 4:02 am

basketballRob wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Magic have their share of players playing with injuries, too.

Franz has a bad sprain. He was grabbing it when he was lying on the floor in Cleveland, and the fan was heckling him. He missed a few games at the end of the season, but it took him 3 weeks to come back from the ankle sprain earlier in the season. He's playing through it. Both Isaac and Wendell have had back issues in the last couple of weeks.

Bro, like every key Cavs player this season has had 1 or more surgeries during the season.

There are levels to this. We're not talking about sprains and strains here.

Cavs missed a combined 300+ games due to injury this season, behind only the Grizz who could only muster a grand total of 27 wins.

It's honestly not comparable.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,649

Post#35 » by KingFox » Sat May 4, 2024 4:31 am

Evan Mobley's statline is a big reason they lost. He's not looking the way we all thought he would by now
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,132

Post#36 » by The Real Dalic » Sat May 4, 2024 4:33 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:They might be but not to this level and not to key players.
Franz has a bad sprain. He was grabbing it when he was lying on the floor in Cleveland, and the fan was heckling him. He missed a few games at the end of the season, but it took him 3 weeks to come back from the ankle sprain earlier in the season. He's playing through it. Both Isaac and Wendell have had back issues in the last couple of weeks.

Bro, like every key Cavs player this season has had 1 or more surgeries during the season.

Cavs missed a combined 300+ games due to injury this season, behind only the Grizz who could only muster a grand total of 27 wins.

Just ignore him. The only ones dealing with injuries on the Magic are Harris, Suggs, and WCJ. But the latter two are likely bumps and bruises. The Cavs are clearly far more injured and dealing with injuries, small or not.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#37 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 4:37 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Franz has a bad sprain. He was grabbing it when he was lying on the floor in Cleveland, and the fan was heckling him. He missed a few games at the end of the season, but it took him 3 weeks to come back from the ankle sprain earlier in the season. He's playing through it. Both Isaac and Wendell have had back issues in the last couple of weeks.

Just ignore him. The only ones dealing with injuries on the Magic are Harris, Suggs, and WCJ. But the latter two are likely bumps and bruises. The Cavs are clearly far more injured and dealing with injuries, small or not.
That guy has been blaming the refs and injuries the whole series.

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,132

Post#38 » by The Real Dalic » Sat May 4, 2024 4:43 am

basketballRob wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Bro, like every key Cavs player this season has had 1 or more surgeries during the season.

Sure, but if we lie whenever someone complains, no one will ever believe anything we have to say. I doubt Pacers fans were telling Bucks fans that they were also dealing with major injuries.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#39 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 4:52 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Just ignore him. The only ones dealing with injuries on the Magic are Harris, Suggs, and WCJ. But the latter two are likely bumps and bruises. The Cavs are clearly far more injured and dealing with injuries, small or not.

Sure, but if we lie whenever someone complains, no one will ever believe anything we have to say. I doubt Pacers fans were telling Bucks fans that they were also dealing with major injuries.
I think Franz is still dealing with that ankle that he's had problems with. I actually deleted the post, and he quoted me first.

tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,453

Post#40 » by tdotrep2 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:02 am

KingFox wrote:Evan Mobley's statline is a big reason they lost. He's not looking the way we all thought he would by now

Are the cavs gonna max Mobley?

Return to The General Board