Jimmy Butler: “If I was playing, Boston would be at home, New York damn sure would be at home“

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,104

Re: Jimmy Butler: “If I was playing, Boston would be at home, New York damn sure would be at home“ 

Post#81 » by Im Coming Home » Sun May 5, 2024 12:24 am

B_Creamy wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
B_Creamy wrote:
Awful takes. Huge cope. So the guy who's most known for upping his game in the playoffs were gonna look at regular season stats lol? And he wouldn't create more open looks for them? Thats just silly lol.

The irony.

He really elevated his play during the play-in game against the Sixers :lol: :lol:

Bro lol he got hurt in the first quarter. You probably didn't even know that. I know you guys are all upset cause Jimmy is trashing your weak teams but atleast get your facts straight.

I watched the game so I know. But he has had multiple terrible games in the playoffs, so to act like he always plays well is crazy.

And Heat are weak, they were getting knocked out round 1 whether they played us or the Celtics, we both improved our teams, you weren't beating us.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,232

Re: Jimmy Butler: “If I was playing, Boston would be at home, New York damn sure would be at home“ 

Post#82 » by Bob Ross » Sun May 5, 2024 12:35 am

He might be right with Bam and the rookie injuring people
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,150

Post#83 » by axeman23 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:40 am

Jimmy with the strong King Julien vibes: "Look at me, everybody! I've got a crown! Just LOOK at me!!!" King Jimmy, ruler of the Lemurs... :lol:
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,667

Post#84 » by AussieCeltic » Sun May 5, 2024 12:40 am

Jimmy Butler.

3-4 good playoff series in his career and people act like he’s something.

I’ve never seen someone live off his reputation from so little. Average regular season player, playoff stinkers littered across his career including 14ppg on 29% shooting only 3 seasons ago.

Guy talks like he’s all that. Fact is, Herro and Bam carried him to the finals in the bubble and Caleb Martin/Gabe Vincent saved his ass last season.

When at his best, he’s an amazing player but he’s only at his best like 5% - 10% of the season.

Bbbbbbut they were the 8th seed and made the finals. Well, they shouldn’t have been an 8th seed with that roster to start with. A year removed from being the 1 seed with no major changes.

No chance Miami was beating Boston or New York this season. None
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,150

Post#85 » by axeman23 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:43 am

Handlez wrote:I don't remember Jimmy playing all season.

Season highlight: Media Day bob-cut... :lol:
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,667

Post#86 » by AussieCeltic » Sun May 5, 2024 12:52 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:Pure delusion. I hate these talkers.

He embarrassed both teams last year with a bunch of scrubs (it was the second time he'd beaten Boston in the ECF). He's neither a talker nor delusional. He puts his money where his mouth is.

In the bubble vs Boston, he averaged 19 points on 43% shooting.

Herro 19/6/5 on 53% shooting.
Bam 22/11/5 on 55% shooting.

Those 2 were the reason Miami won. Jimmy was average at best.

As I said before, 3-4 really good series (Bucks series last year, Philly/ATL in 22, Lakers finals) in his career but overall, pretty average. People still haven’t figured that out yet though.

Imagine if any other top player averaged 14ppg on 29% shooting for a series in their prime. We’d never hear the end of it.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#89 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun May 5, 2024 1:29 am

If Miami doesn't ship him out, I think there is a good chance they aren't even in the playoffs next year.
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,497

Post#90 » by doogie_hauser » Sun May 5, 2024 1:42 am

He has won no rings and think he is the best player in the world :)

Bet Miami are foolish enough to give him a max extension too :)
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 7,037

Post#91 » by LakerLegend » Sun May 5, 2024 1:43 am

What if Julius Randle was also playing?
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,292

Post#92 » by Sweet Serenity » Sun May 5, 2024 1:50 am

It took the Heat setting a franchise record in 3’s made just to win one game against Boston. The other 4 games they got pumped.

The most overrated player in todays game was not going to change anything.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,648

Post#93 » by Devilanche » Sun May 5, 2024 3:34 am

IF
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,404

Post#94 » by chrisab123 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:42 am

He's honestly right. But thankfully the Celtics didn't have to play against him.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,233

Post#95 » by Capn'O » Sun May 5, 2024 4:04 am

HotelVitale wrote:Yeah probably not, but after last year's MIL series bro bro's got a lifetime pass to trip on his own dragon-slaying abilities. Legitimately one of the best PO series in the modern era.

We don't need to talk about the year before that against MIL, though, or BOS the year before that, etc.

At the same time, if he had taken the regular season more seriously he wouldn't have had to play the play in and he would've been able to back this up.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,233

Post#96 » by Capn'O » Sun May 5, 2024 4:06 am

LakerLegend wrote:What if Julius Randle was also playing?

And mini Ditka!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#97 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 5, 2024 4:09 am

That's not how it works. If they beat the Celtics, they'd will be waiting on if their Semis opponent was the Cavs or Magic.

But yeah, the Knicks would still be at home, preparing tp host Indy. That would have nothing to do with him though.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 913

Post#98 » by JimmyFromNz » Sun May 5, 2024 4:45 am

A part time star, who has constantly had the benefit of not being held to the same standards of true stars.

It's convenient for his ego he was yet again injured.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,280

Post#99 » by RSCD3_ » Sun May 5, 2024 5:04 am

CoP wrote:Yeah the Heat really missed his 45% eFG and 52% TS that he had in the ECF last season

He clearly wasnt the same after the injury earlier
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,380

Post#100 » by RB34 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:35 am

RSCD3_ wrote:
CoP wrote:Yeah the Heat really missed his 45% eFG and 52% TS that he had in the ECF last season

He clearly wasnt the same after the injury earlier

But nobody else is getting the injury excuse yeah?

Return to The General Board