So now ESPN is pushing their guys for jobs with the Lakers!

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Re: So now ESPN is pushing their guys for jobs with the Lakers! 

Post#41 » by Calvin Klein » Mon May 6, 2024 12:15 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:The Lakers are the darling child of ESPN so naturally they would push the narrative of their own people as candidates for jobs within the organization. I think the Redick interest may also be speculated due to his podcast with LeBron.
Doesn't matter, no one in the history of the league has EVER hired an HC with no bench experience whatsoever. He hasn't even been an assistant at any level unlike every other hire to show if they even enjoy doing it all the preparation that is required.

JJ just criticized Ham on podcast like many do, so that makes him qualified?

Even Ty Lue spent 5 years as an assistant coach in the NBA including as top assistant, so he bide his time knowing he loves coaching and not making fun of coaches on podcast Lol

This is how JJ will coach the Lakers...
https://youtube.com/shorts/52700IHJcwM?si=exryA8sw-peIThAl

There's so many actually... :lol: Somebody just named a bunch of them.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,409

Post#42 » by Mr Peanut » Mon May 6, 2024 12:20 pm

foreigngrammar wrote:20 years of Basketball brilliance and guys can't still spell his name :lol:

2 out of 6 of us in this thread managed to get the right spelling. I think half the reason a lot of others use JJ is so they don't have to attempt to spell Redick. :lol:
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,452

Post#43 » by BigGargamel » Mon May 6, 2024 12:27 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
foreigngrammar wrote:20 years of Basketball brilliance and guys can't still spell his name :lol:

2 out of 6 of us in this thread managed to get the right spelling. I think half the reason a lot of others use JJ is so they don't have to attempt to spell Redick. :lol:

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,145

Post#44 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:31 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:The Lakers are the darling child of ESPN so naturally they would push the narrative of their own people as candidates for jobs within the organization. I think the Redick interest may also be speculated due to his podcast with LeBron.

He interviewed with nba teams last summer as well. Should they just not report on it? Like what’s the complaint and what would you prefer to happen?
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#45 » by Mr Peanut » Mon May 6, 2024 12:55 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:

He interviewed with nba teams last summer as well. Should they just not report on it? Like what’s the complaint and what would you prefer to happen?

Because he hasn't interviewed with the Lakers yet, nor has Myers. There's obviously a difference between reporting events that happened and just outright speculation.

There's no complaint from me, just trying to provide an explanation for OP's claim. It's not really worth you getting worked up over.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,868

Post#46 » by Marrrcuss » Mon May 6, 2024 1:26 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:

Because he hasn't interviewed with the Lakers yet, nor has Myers. There's obviously a difference between reporting events that happened and just outright speculation.

There's no complaint from me, just trying to provide an explanation for OP's claim. It's not really worth you getting worked up over.

Sooooooo, why are you worked up?

And as far as the lakers being the darling child, id hate to see how the step child is treated, lol
Handlez
Junior
And1: 570

Post#47 » by Handlez » Mon May 6, 2024 3:17 pm

Sports is political like most things.

Sucks ass.

My kid is 8 and plays baseball, but daddy ball and buddy ball makes it hard.
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#48 » by Mr Peanut » Tue May 7, 2024 8:08 am

Marrrcuss wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:He interviewed with nba teams last summer as well. Should they just not report on it? Like what’s the complaint and what would you prefer to happen?

And as far as the lakers being the darling child, id hate to see how the step child is treated, lol

Lol, a Lakers fan suggesting their team is not the darling child of ESPN is reminiscent of the same fans complaining about officiating when they had the highest FT differential both this season and over the last several years (by quite a significant margin).
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,868

Post#49 » by Marrrcuss » Tue May 7, 2024 12:50 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:

Lol, a Lakers fan suggesting their team is not the darling child of ESPN is reminiscent of the same fans complaining about officiating when they had the highest FT differential both this season and over the last several years (by quite a significant margin).

They are the favorite topic but 80% of what they were saying was negative. ANyone that dares be positive about Bron or the lakers gets labeled, i e Nick Wright, Perkins, Gil. People know every single fan by memory. Meanwhile the loudest mouth at ESPN finds negativity in every angle.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,239

Post#50 » by Kilroy » Tue May 7, 2024 11:16 pm

return to glory wrote:If that's true, Kendrick Perkins would be a perfect candidate for the Laker's GM and head coaching jobs.

Rather have Kendrick Lamar...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to The General Board