Ways to Improve the League

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Which Ways to Improve the League do You Agree With? Vote for as many as you want

1-Expansion, Seattle and Vegas
21%
2-No more Jump Ball, alternating possessions instead
3%
3-Only Lotto Protection on 1st round picks
1%
4-No more illegal defense
16%
5-More Technicals for complaining
14%
6-Drop the ASG, make it the IST event, with All Star Sat Night
22%
7-Limit future 1st round pick deals to 5 years
6%
8-Cut 6 games and make season 76 games long, same length of season
16%

Total votes: 86

BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,181

Re: Ways to Improve the League 

Post#21 » by BeiBeau » Sun May 5, 2024 4:13 pm

1. Yes the league needs expansion for sure.

2. Keep the jump ball, I takes 0 time and has no real impact on the game. Bad suggestion.

3. The league is more competitive then ever? Teams should be allowed to improve their roster. Dallas tank for 3 quarters because they were not going to make the playoffs. Mathematically is was possible sure, but it was never gonna happen. Toronto traded away players for a rebuild? I don’t know what you’re on there.

The Dallas tank was a great thing for the league. Luka is a top 3 player, him tread-milling on a garbage roster is extremely bad for the marketability of the league. Dallas was **** watchable last year unless you really want to hate-watch them. Now Dallas is a top 6 roster in the league and makes Dallas games not only watchable but enjoyable when they play a good opponent.

4. I’m on board with this.

5. These refs are morons, pussies, and petty. You want to give these idiots more power? Lmfao. Eliminate the technical. Don’t let these idiots have the power to award points for to the other team for *checks notes* Tim Duncan laughing quietly on the bench, Rasheed Wallace looking at the ref, max strus softly handing the ball to the ref, Jason Tatum clapping, Ben simmons sitting down, and Chris Paul fake tossing the ball to the ref.

Every other sports league manages their players without giving points that affect the **** game to the other team. Imagine if football let you kick a field goal every time a nfl ref got his panties in a bunch. Techs are stupid and anyone who likes them is too.

Exponentially fine the players for complaining but get rid of techs.

6. Put a 1v1 tournament in the ASG.

7. Nah let teams improve.

8. Nah.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,879

Post#22 » by Dominator83 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:34 pm

On the subject of pick protections, ban them! Make it like the NFL, traded picks are traded picks.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Post#23 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 5, 2024 5:46 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
pipfan wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Out of your suggestions. I picked numbers 5 and 6. On one hand, I hate how everything is a tech now, you cant even stare down opponent after a poster, you cant hang on a rim for more than whatever ref feels is not showboating. I hate that, on the other hand, at least some guys really get away with complaining too much, it is just annoying.

All star games, no ones wants to be there or see it, just get rid of it, do what euros did, final domestic cup rounds is your all star weekend...

Overall, none of these tackle my biggest problem with the NBA, which is pacing. I have said this before, but NBA being the only Basketball league that is trully profitable, is kind off a terrible thing, because now they only care about money not product. Thats is why timeouts everywhere else is 60 seconds tops, where in NBA it's 3 minutes or more. Game is 8 minutes longer but broadcasts are 50+ minutes longer, when I watch NBA, I need to be in certain mood and be busy with other activities, because a big portion of broadcast I know will be parts where game is not progressing at all. I have watched both NBA and Euroleague play offs this past week, and Euroleague games are like 10 times more enjoyable to watch, I often realize I only watch NBA because of some kind of obligation. It is not very enjoyable product anymore, to me.

I watch all the games on League Pass-so this is not an issue for me. Games take one hour, tops. I can't imagine watching a full game live now-way too much time for me

Yes, live NBA games is a bit of a torture. If I do watch, I usually at least read gamethreads from here, it is actually entertaining to me. Problem how nowadays everyone who watches live, none of us see real time, so you can tell which posters get to see what happens first. Or maybe they type fast, but happened to me many times where gamethread reacts to something my "live" feed hasn't shown it yet...

I have to have something else going on while watching NBA games. The timeouts and challenges have become excruciating.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,449

Post#24 » by dygaction » Sun May 5, 2024 6:15 pm

Make an "Away Win" worth 1.1 and home win 1.0. This subtle change will allow easier standing ranking, and teams to treat away games more seriously, not players not feeling justified for resting; also home audience to be more pumped up and passionate to defend home court.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,910

Post#25 » by cdubbz » Sun May 5, 2024 6:47 pm

I thought most of those ideas from OP weren't that compelling. The players have taken too much control of the league with their flopping, load management, and what bothers me recently is signing huge contracts and not playing.

Fine Flopping
- Flopping has never gotten fixed: More fines need to be handed out for flopping. Don't think the players will stop cold turkey, but an increasing fine can slow it down.

Non gauranteed contracts or a way for teams to opt out of a contract
- As a fan i'm tired of seeing players get rewarded with huge contracts for them not to play. I know there are certain circumstances where they cannot and are injured, but i don't think it's fair for a team to continue to pay a player full amount while they're out. Lonzo Ball hasn't played in a few seasons and is cashing in $18-$20M.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,106

Post#26 » by ejftw » Sun May 5, 2024 7:08 pm

Pro/Rel would be the best.

Please no expansion
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,505

Post#27 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun May 5, 2024 7:09 pm

call moving screens accurately

eliminate all reviews unless clock related or to determine whether a shot was a 2 or 3- everything else is too subjective and takes too long
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,302

Post#28 » by ItsDanger » Sun May 5, 2024 7:11 pm

Bring back defense. Tired of these fake 3rd option scorers with their fake stats just to get exposed in the playoffs.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.

Return to The General Board