Suggs would go ahead of Mobley in the redraft

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,279

Re: Suggs would go ahead of Mobley in the redraft 

Post#21 » by BadWolf » Sun May 5, 2024 7:36 pm

tmorgan wrote:
The Servant wrote:Mobley to OKC for Josh Giddey, + both 2024 picks

Gonna cost a lot more than that, but I do like Mobley to OKC quite a bit.

Dort would make more sense. He's exactly what Cabs need.
Though I might prefer Dort over Mobley for OKC. Which would sound blasphemous before the season.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,331

Post#22 » by KembaWalker » Sun May 5, 2024 7:47 pm

Suggs has been playing like garbage all game not sure where this thread came from
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,998

Post#23 » by ForeverTFC » Sun May 5, 2024 7:50 pm

Is this Ceruti’s account?
Felixians4
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#24 » by Felixians4 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:02 pm

I am going for both for fantasy next SZN
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,567

Post#25 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sun May 5, 2024 8:16 pm

I assumed a Cavs fan bumped this after Suggs and Wagner folded, but it was posted today?

Wagner is a scorer who isn't particularly efficient while Mobley is a defensive anchor, so a better fit on a contender. And Suggs is a 5th/6th man type

None of them are stars right now
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,781

Post#26 » by Harry Garris » Sun May 5, 2024 8:23 pm

Bornstellar wrote:I remember people on here saying Mobley could be Tim Duncan with a three point shot :lol: Good times

I mean the talent was there to become an all time great player, he just hasn’t had the rapid improvement that future superstars do their first few seasons in the NBA.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#27 » by ShootersShoot » Sun May 5, 2024 8:47 pm

I take mobley..he can pretty much pair well with most good bigs and players like him or much harder to find than a guy like suggs, although I am a fan of suggs game overall.
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,298

Post#28 » by Dacost » Sun May 5, 2024 8:57 pm

Mobley is solid but in my opinion his a poor man Jaren Jackson JR.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,326

Post#29 » by Iwasawitness » Sun May 5, 2024 8:58 pm

Well this thread definitely didn’t age well… No one in their right mind would ever take Suggs over Mobley.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,326

Post#30 » by Iwasawitness » Sun May 5, 2024 8:59 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Depends on who is taking him.

I’m taking Suggs 10/10 times if I have Paolo.

I’m also taking Franz ahead of Mobley. You are a fool if you think otherwise.

You still taking Franz after that game 7 performance?
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#31 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 9:00 pm

I love me some Suggs...kid's already one of the best guard defenders in the league...but I'm still taking Mobley over him.

Both are excellent defenders and Suggs has already become a very good 3pt shooter, so I think he's further along in his development arc...but I still think Mobley has more on-ball potential offensively. He just has better vision & creativity IMO.

If Mitchell commits to Cleveland, a Franz-Garland trade could be a real game-changer in the east. Garland would be a great Robin to Paolo and the Cavs could surround Spida with an absolutely massive Franz-Mobley-Allen frontcourt.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Riverwalk2021
Sixth Man
And1: 1,798

Post#32 » by Riverwalk2021 » Sun May 5, 2024 9:02 pm

Suggs is a poor man's Derrick White. Mobley just sucks.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,971

Post#33 » by thelead » Sun May 5, 2024 9:04 pm

Riverwalk2021 wrote:Suggs is a poor man's Derrick White. Mobley just sucks.

more like '22 year old version of Derrick White' but yeah I can agree with that.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,896

Post#34 » by One_and_Done » Sun May 5, 2024 9:05 pm

Nah, it's Mobley.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,956

Post#35 » by basketballRob » Sun May 5, 2024 9:06 pm

Everyone has bad games. Mobley had 5 pts and 3 rebs in the last game.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 470

Post#36 » by Hatrick Ewing » Sun May 5, 2024 9:08 pm

When does the public opinion on Mobley change? There are still a ton of people who pretty much think he's Kevin Garnett without evidence and his stats would suggest he is closer to Troy Murphy.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,711

Post#37 » by shi-woo » Sun May 5, 2024 9:15 pm

Why are people posting like Suggs didn't just shoot 40% from 3 this year, and make big 3pnt shots all series for the Magic?

What am I missing that these posters have seen?

Or are they confusing him with Fultz.

He's the perfect player to play point with Paolo and Franz who want the ball in their hands, and has the ability to be an elite starting calibur role player. Right now Mobley hasn't shown more than him, he just has size which is viewed as better in the NBA.

The poster who said Marcus Smart, said that like it was a bad thing :lol: Dude won DpoY, and Suggs is a better shooter, and doesn't make the bad plays that Smart is known for making.

It's hard to find a comp for Suggs, He reminds me of a young Jrue, and they have similar strengths and weaknesses. I think he reaches that level, and has a similar career being best suited playing off of 2 other stars who like to playmake, and can focus on just playing hard and locking dudes up.

Mobley right now reminds me of late late late post knee injuries KG, and think that his ceiling so far is 2012 KG. KG was still an elite defender around this time, but he was limited on offense, and wasn't asked to score at all.

It's really team dependent, but I think both are similar levels at this point, and I dont see that changing in the future
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#38 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 9:15 pm

Hatrick Ewing wrote:When does the public opinion on Mobley change? There are still a ton of people who pretty much think he's Kevin Garnett without evidence and his stats would suggest he is closer to Troy Murphy.

Not sure who you think is saying he's already Kevin Garnett. But as someone who's still high on him:

He's a really excellent rim protector when on his game, despite still needing to fill out. Who is very smart and moves his feet well in space for someone that big. He still needs a lot of work offensively, but he has very good vision...as again his intelligence helps him process the game very well for such a young big man.

I was high on him when he was drafted but figured he'd need 3-4 years to grow into his body before really starting to figure things out in the NBA, so for me next year will be a big one for him.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,662

Post#39 » by Doctor MJ » Sun May 5, 2024 9:17 pm

Godymas wrote:Suggs is the definition of "every single team wants this guy"

Elite defensive guard, can handle the ball, can playmake, can catch and shoot 3s. Willing role player. In such a guard heavy league EVERY contender will want a Jalen Suggs.

Mobley on the other hand is a dud on offense and seems to have made 0 movement towards really developing a meaningful offensive game. It's extension time and he's really just marginally better from his rookie year. The worst part is twice now he has shown that in the elevated playoffs he is unable to adapt his game meaningfully on offense.

It's a shame too because there were talks that Mobley might be the true #1 of the 2021 draft shortly after their rookie years, but for some reason Mobley is not growing and it's alarming.

Maybe it is the coaching of JB Bickerstaff, maybe it's Cleveland's insistence on sticking Mobley with Jarrett Allen.

Cleveland is in a strange situation this off-season, because they could end up deciding that Mobley is not the guy they want to pay on their timeline, instead they retain Garland + Allen, trade Mobley for a better fitting player, and trade Mitchell? Mitchell is supposed to be the superstar in Cleveland, none of the other guys are clearly ever going to be superstars, just normal stars. It's an awkward situation when your rebuild was accelerated and then left behind. I almost feel like Cleveland would rather just have Markkanen + Sexton.

So, you made this post in the middle of Game 7 today when it looked like Orlando was going to advance.

I'd suggest you wait in the future.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,645

Post#40 » by mademan » Sun May 5, 2024 9:18 pm

shi-woo wrote:Why are people posting like Suggs didn't just shoot 40% from 3 this year, and make big 3pnt shots all series for the Magic?

What am I missing that these posters have seen?

Or are they confusing him with Fultz.

He's the perfect player to play point with Paolo and Franz who want the ball in their hands, and has the ability to be an elite starting calibur role player. Right now Mobley hasn't shown more than him, he just has size which is viewed as better in the NBA.

The poster who said Marcus Smart, said that like it was a bad thing :lol: Dude won DpoY, and Suggs is a better shooter, and doesn't make the bad plays that Smart is known for making.

It's hard to find a comp for Suggs, He reminds me of a young Jrue, and they have similar strengths and weaknesses. I think he reaches that level, and has a similar career being best suited playing off of 2 other stars who like to playmake, and can focus on just playing hard and locking dudes up.

Mobley right now reminds me of late late late post knee injuries KG, and think that his ceiling so far is 2012 KG. KG was still an elite defender around this time, but he was limited on offense, and wasn't asked to score at all.

It's really team dependent, but I think both are similar levels at this point, and I dont see that changing in the future

He doesnt have the handles or creation of Jrue, and you rarely see guys develop those skills year 4 and out. He really does seem like a Smart with a lower incidence of mistakes and bad plays while being a better shooter. Thats a heck of a player, but i do think theyre gonna need a 2 guard that can create some to help Paolo/Franz out

Return to The General Board