2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,147

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers 

Post#141 » by axeman23 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:12 am

bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
RAPSinCAPS
Sophomore
And1: 212

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers 

Post#142 » by RAPSinCAPS » Tue May 7, 2024 5:16 am

bisme37 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow that's a good point. Never saw it that way
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 581

Post#143 » by Gregoire » Tue May 7, 2024 7:14 am

Boston in 6
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,197

Post#144 » by theFireBlanket » Tue May 7, 2024 11:29 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Cavs fans what do you think of this assessment?
Read on Twitter
I would say only if you're doing no hedge + Jrue and White going over/through the screen. Can't just completely go under the screen and have no hedge.

Suggs was successful because he fought through and over the top of screens. He obviously got away with some fouls in those situations too though.

As bad of a first round as Garland had, he still shot 40% from deep on 5 attempts per game.

Also, Strus has it in him to shoot 41% from deep, like he did in the playoffs last season against the Bucks. However, maybe playing against his former team will just be too much for him and his crappy shooting will continue. I'm hoping for a revenge mindset.

Then there is Mitchell, with his last basket to give him 50 in game 6 was a deep 3, probably wanna play up on him.

Niang is an unsung slinger & mighty is Merrill.

Georges, Max, Sam. its over, Cavs in 7.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 835

Post#145 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:09 pm

How many pts is Mitchell scoring tonight?

I'm going 42pts
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
metalinguss
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#146 » by metalinguss » Tue May 7, 2024 12:12 pm

I got Celtics in 5 in this round even when their opponent wasn't determined yet. :lol: :lol:
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,428

Post#147 » by Mr Loggins » Tue May 7, 2024 12:24 pm

if Kristaps is out and cavs get Allen back full strength, I have celtics in 6
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,575

Post#148 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:22 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Man has gotta play through the pain!

I mean if he's going to be ineffective doing it, and he could further aggravate the injury, it's probably best he waits. One of the reasons I was less upset than other Cavs fans when we lost the second play-in game to the Hawks, is Allen was trying to play center with one hand due to a broken finger. Suffice to say, I didn't view that as a good idea and he was really hampered offensively. Unless it's a bad contusion, he should be back by Game 3 or 4.
Windy said he can't even lift his arms without discomfort, I doubt between now and Saturday that changes much.

The normal recovery time for a mild rib contusion is 2 weeks. The more serious ones can take up to 6 weeks. Allen sustained his injury on April 27.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,961

Post#149 » by Chuck Everett » Tue May 7, 2024 1:59 pm

If Tatum has any guts at all, he will average 30ppg in this series. Unlike Paolo, he is much more consistent shooter. Whether it's Strus, Okoro, Levert, Morris brother or whoever, they have no one to put on him. This series should be lightwork for him and if it isn't, then I would be worried if I was Celtics' fan.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,168

Post#150 » by UNCBlue012 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:22 pm

cgf wrote:
UNCBlue012 wrote:I'm starting to see a trend that people do not respect Boston based on past playoff failures when this team is very different. It's clear that Porzingis' injury is tough, but Boston went something like 19-4 without him in the regular season and had a slightly better point differential. The playoffs are tricky, but bad logic is being thrown around to fit agendas.

Aren’t the old weaknesses still there? Coming through in crunch time when their offense develops to the Js iso’ing. Getting out coached. Getting outworked & beaten up inside.

The bar is higher because your strengths are even stronger so it’s easier to just out talent your problems, and when KP can drag his man out to the perimeter that negates some of the disadvantage inside.

Of course some of those concerns could be solved just by your core maturing and Mazulla’s improvement, but until we see that I think it’s fair to question.

That's fair to a certain extent. But this was once a key weakness that's barely a weakness anymore. Boston constantly rested starters throughout the season and still had one of the best differentials in the history of the NBA and continued to win with any starting lineup. i get it - but I think people are magnifying something that's not a key issue anymore.

Maybe I'm wrong and all of those problems come up in the next round, but I watched every game but two this season and did not see the same team or issues. I see narrative, but not reality.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,863

Post#151 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 2:39 pm

UNCBlue012 wrote:
cgf wrote:
UNCBlue012 wrote:I'm starting to see a trend that people do not respect Boston based on past playoff failures when this team is very different. It's clear that Porzingis' injury is tough, but Boston went something like 19-4 without him in the regular season and had a slightly better point differential. The playoffs are tricky, but bad logic is being thrown around to fit agendas.

Aren’t the old weaknesses still there? Coming through in crunch time when their offense develops to the Js iso’ing. Getting out coached. Getting outworked & beaten up inside.

The bar is higher because your strengths are even stronger so it’s easier to just out talent your problems, and when KP can drag his man out to the perimeter that negates some of the disadvantage inside.

Of course some of those concerns could be solved just by your core maturing and Mazulla’s improvement, but until we see that I think it’s fair to question.

That's fair to a certain extent. But this was once a key weakness that's barely a weakness anymore. Boston constantly rested starters throughout the season and still had one of the best differentials in the history of the NBA and continued to win with any starting lineup. i get it - but I think people are magnifying something that's not a key issue anymore.

Maybe I'm wrong and all of those problems come up in the next round, but I watched every game but two this season and did not see the same team or issues. I see narrative, but not reality.

That's reasonable. I think some of those questions can only truly be answered in the playoffs, but progress in the regular season is often a harbinger of progress in the post season. So those could well be problems that you're now ready to handle, even when you can't just talent your way past them.

Kinda how I feel about Randle after remembering that nobody can stop him from getting to the rim without help. It led him to unlock a new level in the regular season that should translate to playoff ball...and even limited last year we were better with him on the court...but until he proves it in the playoffs I can understand people continuing to question him.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Zman80000
Sophomore
And1: 310

Post#152 » by Zman80000 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:27 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:This may or may not be a hot take but the best player in this series is Mitchell...therefore the Cavs do have a chance if he goes supernova

That's crazy lol. Mitchell isn't better than Tatum.

He is in the clutch.
Tatum shrinks when the stakes get higher.
Zman80000
Sophomore
And1: 310

Post#153 » by Zman80000 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:30 pm

People not respecting Boston?
Go look at the poll results so far.

No matter the match up or odds, you will always get some people picking something absurd like Cavs in 4.
People do it for fun.
cgf
RealGM

Post#154 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 3:33 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:If Tatum has any guts at all, he will average 30ppg in this series. Unlike Paolo, he is much more consistent shooter. Whether it's Strus, Okoro, Levert, Morris brother or whoever, they have no one to put on him. This series should be lightwork for him and if it isn't, then I would be worried if I was Celtics' fan.

Okoro is a tough SOB with the strength to reroute Tatum...even with the progress Tatum's body has made. Now Tatum is a lot longer than Okoro and he should still be skilled enough to take him...but I like that kid. If his shot was just good enough to be respected, like Hart's, I'd love him as a role player. Very scrappy.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#155 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 3:37 pm

LaLover11 wrote:How many pts is Mitchell scoring tonight?

I'm going 42pts

At least 44. Can't be less than ol Bighead :dontknow:

Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,498

Post#156 » by Tyakack » Tue May 7, 2024 3:37 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:If Tatum has any guts at all, he will average 30ppg in this series. Unlike Paolo, he is much more consistent shooter. Whether it's Strus, Okoro, Levert, Morris brother or whoever, they have no one to put on him. This series should be lightwork for him and if it isn't, then I would be worried if I was Celtics' fan.

Weird take. I don't think a single Celtics fan is worried about how many points Tatum will average in this series. Reading your comment is the first time that thought even crossed my mind. We care about how the team looks and how the team plays, and wins. Tatum is a big part of that obviously, but he impacts the game in so many ways. PPG is not the end all be all with him.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,961

Post#157 » by Chuck Everett » Tue May 7, 2024 3:59 pm

Tyakack wrote:

Weird take. I don't think a single Celtics fan is worried about how many points Tatum will average in this series. Reading your comment is the first time that thought even crossed my mind. We care about how the team looks and how the team plays, and wins. Tatum is a big part of that obviously, but he impacts the game in so many ways. PPG is not the end all be all with him.

He has a huge matchup advantage and as such I believe he should dominate it. I didn't say he needed to do the same against Miami. But this is particular series has different personnel going against him. Hey if the Celtics hit 15-20 threes every game and they spread the points around, fine, but the playoffs are all about hunting mismatches.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#158 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:04 pm

cgf wrote:

I'm going 42pts

45 pts for Spida just to show he's better than Big Head Brunson :)
cgf
RealGM

Post#159 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 4:06 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

I'm going 42pts

At least. Anything else would be a disappointing scrub total.

LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#160 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:06 pm

cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

At least. Anything else would be a disappointing scrub total.

Donte is saving your boy lmao and the refs

Return to The General Board