2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,389

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#521 » by fallguy » Wed May 8, 2024 1:44 am

azcatz11 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:All the 3rd-party fans in here using this boring-ass game to bash the Celtics. :dontknow: At the end of the day we'll be the ones in the Finals and I like our chances against Minny.

I’m not bashing the Celtics man. You guys have not been tested at all like the wolves have. That’s something to consider going forward. And I don’t consider the Knicks a serious contender either

The Celtics are a FAR, FAR more tested team than the Wolves. It's not close. Try not to be a prisoner of the moment.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,064

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#522 » by Ducklett » Wed May 8, 2024 1:45 am

Magic-man4609 wrote:Mitchell got tired of losing in the first round, but prefers BEATDOWNS in the 2nd.

I know there was the thread about if the Suns and Nuggets could form 1 team to beat the Wolves, but seriously, could the Magic and Cavs fuse and make a team that could actually beat the C's?

I guess a line-up of Suggs, Mitchell, Paolo, Franz, and Allen might win a few games?
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers 

Post#523 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:45 am

California Gold wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Someone doesn’t understand that the Celtics are currently heavy favourites for the title and have HCA in the finals.

The Wolves are not starting favourites LMAO.

Somebody doesn’t understand gambling.

He kind of has a point. If they face the Wolves right NOW? Without Porz? Yeah, the Wolves would be heavy favorites since that’s a bad matchup for them without him. But if they have him, different story.

Wrong. The Celtics are heavy favorites to win it all (+100 and in some books -110 or higher) before this game started and with Minnesota 2-0 in their series they were +290. Even if you factor in a tougher opponent that they might have in the WCF compared to what the Celtics would have against the Knicks/Pacers it's still such a big discrepancy in how big the C's are favored compared to the rest of the NBA.

Bet on it then
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,339

Post#524 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:48 am

fallguy wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:All the 3rd-party fans in here using this boring-ass game to bash the Celtics. :dontknow: At the end of the day we'll be the ones in the Finals and I like our chances against Minny.

I’m not bashing the Celtics man. You guys have not been tested at all like the wolves have. That’s something to consider going forward. And I don’t consider the Knicks a serious contender either

The Celtics are a FAR, FAR more tested team than the Wolves. It's not close. Try not to be a prisoner of the moment.

Okay man. You’re right. I won’t even watch the rest of the POs.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,072

Post#525 » by Darth Celtic » Wed May 8, 2024 1:48 am

This is the cavs/Celtics thread. Nobody wants to talk wolves or any other team
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,072

Post#526 » by Darth Celtic » Wed May 8, 2024 1:49 am

azcatz11 wrote:
fallguy wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Probably be easier than being a pistons fan
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#527 » by fallguy » Wed May 8, 2024 1:49 am

azcatz11 wrote:
fallguy wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I didn't say anything about not watching the playoffs. I said the C's are far more tested. Which is obviously true to anyone who has been watching basketball the last few years. Perhaps that's not you.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,575

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers 

Post#528 » by GrandTheftRondo » Wed May 8, 2024 1:49 am

The Corey's wrote:
Riverwalk2021 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
The wolves from 2 months ago isn’t the wolves from today

The Derrick White from two months ago isn't the Derrick White from today. He puts the Celtics at another level.

Shhhh. They think the dude from the Adam Sandler movie is Michael Jordan.

No literally, I read that today.

I don’t think it will happen but it would be hilarious if the Nuggets came back and beat the Wolves after all the absurd hot takes we’ve seen in just one day about them.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#529 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:49 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
fallguy wrote:

Probably be easier than being a pistons fan

Not a pistons fan. Was just watching all their games bc I wanted to see how many they would lose in a row :lol:
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,914

Post#530 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Wed May 8, 2024 1:50 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I don't see how anyone is beating Minnesota. They can defend the 3 and they'll badly outrebound the Celtics.

Minnesota is a monster no doubt... but the Nuggets have fewer offensive options on the court at the same time than the Celtics would. Boston is dangerous because you have to guard everyone on the court closely.

Boston are also defensively much better than anything Minnesota has faced in the playoffs yet too...not to say they haven't been amazing because they have.

If it ends up being Wolves v Celtics it would likely be a very close series.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#531 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:51 am

fallguy wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
fallguy wrote:

I didn't say anything about not watching the playoffs. I said the C's are far more tested. Which is obviously true to anyone who has been watching basketball the last few years. Perhaps that's not you.

You’re telling me not to be a prisoner of the moment after I saw the wolves demolish the prohibitive favorites…and I actually still think the nuggets can come back.

Wolves match up very well with you guys.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,010

Post#532 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 1:52 am

Well. Not much of a matchup here so far.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,415

Post#533 » by durden_tyler » Wed May 8, 2024 1:53 am

azcatz11 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
Bobbymcgee wrote:Allen needs to come back for the Cavs to have a chance in this series.

Yeah, but even that, it’s difficult. This is looking like a sweep either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the line on a project wolves - Celtics series?

+300 i think. Not available now but i believe that matchup is the favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
fallguy
Head Coach

Post#534 » by fallguy » Wed May 8, 2024 1:54 am

azcatz11 wrote:
fallguy wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

You’re telling me not to be a prisoner of the moment after I saw the wolves demolish the prohibitive favorites…and I actually still think the nuggets can come back.

Wolves match up very well with you guys.

Yes, I agree.

My point was that the C's are battle-tested over years and years. And the Wolves are not. Honestly not sure why you're arguing this.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,467

Post#535 » by jokeboy86 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:54 am

If Denver gets eliminated, Boston is winning the title imo . I think Denver are the the only ones left that would give them problems at this point.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,078

Post#536 » by PierceFan4ever » Wed May 8, 2024 1:55 am

socal74 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:What are salty nets and lakers fans doing here lmao. Y’all are irrelevant af.

Irrelevant regarding the playoffs of course since we got eliminated but you well know the Lakers will never be irrelevant in the NBA landscape. It's been 16 years since you guys won so irrelevant is more your alley

Get out of the first round and talk. Must be easy getting superstars based off location :lol:

Lakers are trash and will be irrelevant for a long ass time with Lebron there.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#537 » by Triple7 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:59 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:
socal74 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:What are salty nets and lakers fans doing here lmao. Y’all are irrelevant af.

Irrelevant regarding the playoffs of course since we got eliminated but you well know the Lakers will never be irrelevant in the NBA landscape. It's been 16 years since you guys won so irrelevant is more your alley

Get out of the first round and talk. Must be easy getting superstars based off location :lol:

Lakers are trash and will be irrelevant for a long ass time with Lebron there.

Just wait till they get Lebron’s puppet for a coach in JJ. I can’t wait to see who their scapegoat would be this time.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,052

Post#538 » by jfs1000d » Wed May 8, 2024 2:00 am

azcatz11 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
What is hilarious and wrong about that? The Celtics are a higher favorite bc they’re coming out of the east…

Even if I’m wrong it’s stupid to say people are trolling to say the wolves are the best team in the league rn

The East part is irrelevant.

The Wolves would not start favourites.

What do you think the line would be? Celtics -105? If anything it would be very close…maybe a pick em.

Celtics would be clear favorites against the wolves. Just more veteran and tested, have more talent, had better year.

Wolves were the 3rd seed while Boston won 64 games on cruiser control.

Wolves are good enough to win, but let’s calm down on Denver, which actually trailed in their first round series against the lakers more than they led.

Boston has best offense in nba and second best defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,217

Post#539 » by Iwasawitness » Wed May 8, 2024 2:01 am

California Gold wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Someone doesn’t understand that the Celtics are currently heavy favourites for the title and have HCA in the finals.

The Wolves are not starting favourites LMAO.

Somebody doesn’t understand gambling.

He kind of has a point. If they face the Wolves right NOW? Without Porz? Yeah, the Wolves would be heavy favorites since that’s a bad matchup for them without him. But if they have him, different story.

Wrong. The Celtics are heavy favorites to win it all (+100 and in some books -110 or higher) before this game started and with Minnesota 2-0 in their series they were +290. Even if you factor in a tougher opponent that they might have in the WCF compared to what the Celtics would have against the Knicks/Pacers it's still such a big discrepancy in how big the C's are favored compared to the rest of the NBA.

…please re read my post.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,052

Post#540 » by jfs1000d » Wed May 8, 2024 2:10 am

Also. Mitchell was great, played ass off and scored 33 points. But everything he did took max effort and was hard.

How hard did Celtics have to work to get shots? I know we get enamored by the carry talent on your back, but talent disparity here is crazy. Only Mitchell would even start on the Celtics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board