SUPER OT: Who is winning this beef?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who is in the lead?

Drake
23%
K.Dot
77%

Total votes: 127

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,744

Re: SUPER OT: Who is winning this beef? 

Post#81 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 6, 2024 7:37 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:Big brother programs usually are like 18 year olds with 13 year olds... not 32-year olds with 14-year olds.. Come on man :lol:

Sit this one out. That's not what its typically like at all. And trying to suggest people trying to work with at-risk kids are all pedos is disgusting and a reason why too many people don't help. Because they don't want to deal with clown takes like this.

I know this surprises those of you who like to scream virtue signaling virtue signaling all the time, but there are lots of people out there who actually care about other people, especially children and try and make a difference in their lives.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,323

Post#82 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 7:40 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Ice Trae wrote:
https://youtube.com/shorts/-2_53Xteng0?feature=shared

“I miss you”

Advice about boys from a grown man to a 14 year old girl… yeah no dudes a creep sorry

That's your friggin evidence? My God some people are friggin stupid. Drake was also a child actor so maybe they discuss their experiences. The people who take anything sexual from that are the actual people with F'd up minds.

You realize there are big brother programs where you are matched to random kids who don't have any parents. I guess those people are all Pedo's in your minds too.

Big brother programs usually are like 18 year olds with 13 year olds... not 32-year olds with 14-year olds.. Come on man :lol:

You telling me you find out your 14-year old daughter is getting i miss you texts from a 32-year old and you are just gonna say "he probably is just sharing his high school experiences with her! Its TOTALLY innocent!"

And hey you can write off the MBB **** if that was all there was... but add that onto the Bell Harris stuff.. and the 17-year old on stage... and his lyrics referencing high schoolers...

Suddenly a one off "innocent" thing isn't just that.

It's the friggin context... i cant believe this needs to be explained to some people. That looked so damn harmless considering people know nothing about their relationship. He can easily just be a damn mentor to her for the reasons i already explained.

And no, you're totally wrong about some programs where people are matched with a much larger age gap. My sister works in daycare and says this type of stuff to the kids all the time when she sees them after a long period.

Only sickos even think the way you do. Kudos on letting everyone know that's how your brain works. I guess Drake was right that potentially being molested at a kid makes you think a different way lol.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,748

Post#83 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 6, 2024 7:42 pm

Take a deep breath fellas. Your favourite artists will keep making music. It's ok if other people don't like them as much as you do.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#84 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 7:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Big brother programs usually are like 18 year olds with 13 year olds... not 32-year olds with 14-year olds.. Come on man :lol:

Sit this one out. That's not what its typically like at all. And trying to suggest people trying to work with at-risk kids are all pedos is disgusting and a reason why too many people don't help. Because they don't want to deal with clown takes like this.

I know this surprises those of you who like to scream virtue signaling virtue signaling all the time, but there are lots of people out there who actually care about other people, especially children and try and make a difference in their lives.

There is a SIGNIFICANT difference between people who work for programs who help at-risk kids and those who text 14-year olds about "boys" and say they "miss them".

You know for a **** fact that if it came to light that people working for those organizations were telling these kids that they "miss them so much" and were texting them privately they would be immediately fired for inappropriate behavior.

I am 100% for helping the youth and stuff like the big brothers program is great (and in my area, it typically is teenagers/young adults matched with kids, not full grown adults), but that is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THIS.

Serious question - if you worked for Big Brothers and Sisters, and you had an employee who was texting 14-year olds "I miss you", groping 17-year olds on stage, rapping about how "bad' a high schooler was, and whatever else he has been DOCUMENTED DOING (so who knows what else we don't know), would you let that guy spend 1 on 1 alone time with a 14-year old? Like honestly?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#85 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 7:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Thank you... I explained that I help kids frequently who come up to me asking for basketball advice. If everyone thought like this guy then I wouldn't be able to help them.

I grew up without a father and had many older folks help me along the way when i was a kid. If I automatically assumed everyone who tried to help me along the way was pedo, I'd probably turn out very different. It's sickening to me to even talk to people like that man.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#86 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 7:44 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
That's your friggin evidence? My God some people are friggin stupid. Drake was also a child actor so maybe they discuss their experiences. The people who take anything sexual from that are the actual people with F'd up minds.

You realize there are big brother programs where you are matched to random kids who don't have any parents. I guess those people are all Pedo's in your minds too.

Big brother programs usually are like 18 year olds with 13 year olds... not 32-year olds with 14-year olds.. Come on man :lol:

You telling me you find out your 14-year old daughter is getting i miss you texts from a 32-year old and you are just gonna say "he probably is just sharing his high school experiences with her! Its TOTALLY innocent!"

And hey you can write off the MBB **** if that was all there was... but add that onto the Bell Harris stuff.. and the 17-year old on stage... and his lyrics referencing high schoolers...

It's the friggin context... i cant believe this needs to be explained to some people. That looked so damn harmless considering people know nothing about their relationship. He can easily just be a damn mentor to her for the reasons i already explained.

And no, you're totally wrong about some programs where people are matched with a much larger age gap. My sister works in daycare and says this type of stuff to the kids all the time when she sees them after a long period.

Only sickos even think the way you do. Kudos on letting everyone know that's how your brain works. I guess Drake was right that potentially being molested at a kid makes you think a different way lol.

There is SUCH A DIFFERENCE between people providing daycare services and a celebrity texting a kid 20-years younger than him. I would never even dream of texting a girl half my age to provide "life advice" or whatever else. And it not just that on its own - it is that in conjunction with everything else that makes it so damning.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,299

Post#87 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon May 6, 2024 7:45 pm

Pat Riley is who I thought J Cole would be.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#88 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 7:47 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Thank you... I explained that I help kids frequently who come up to me asking for basketball advice. If everyone thought like this guy then I wouldn't be able to help them.

I grew up without a father and had many older folks help me along the way when i was a kid. If I automatically assumed everyone who tried to help me along the way was pedo, I'd probably turn out very different. It's sickening to me to even talk to people like that man.

Okay let me break this down for you..

1) You help kids with basketball. How often do you give them advise on "Boys" or tell them how much you miss them?

2) You are a man from what I know. You have to know this is a significantly different situation with young girls.

3) You grew up without a father and had some people step in as father / other parents figures - Millie Bobby Brown has both her parents, and was already INCREDIBLY well off at this point already.

I don't assume everyone who talks to a teenager or any youth is a pedophile. I just raise my eyebrows when they start groping them on stages or tell them how much they miss them. LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,744

Post#89 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 6, 2024 7:47 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

There is a SIGNIFICANT difference between people who work for programs who help at-risk kids and those who text 14-year olds about "boys" and say they "miss them".

You know for a **** fact that if it came to light that people working for those organizations were telling these kids that they "miss them so much" and were texting them privately they would be immediately fired for inappropriate behavior.

I am 100% for helping the youth and stuff like the big brothers program is great (and in my area, it typically is teenagers/young adults matched with kids, not full grown adults), but that is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THIS.

Serious question - if you worked for Big Brothers and Sisters, and you had an employee who was texting 14-year olds "I miss you", groping 17-year olds on stage, rapping about how "bad' a high schooler was, and whatever else he has been DOCUMENTED DOING (so who knows what else we don't know), would you let that guy spend 1 on 1 alone time with a 14-year old? Like honestly?

I'm not commenting on your fictional scenario. I'm not following the dis track thing and with how you you are framing other things I have zero reason to trust your framing of what you are suggesting is the tenor of some conversation Drake had.

I'm simply saying the Big Brother/Sister organization pairs adults(not 18 year olds typically) with at risk kids and these are often the only positive role model in their life. There are tons of stories of how much of a difference they made.

Are there those who use programs like this to prey on children? Sure. But they are by far the exception and shouldn't be used to mislead people about really important work.

You could make whatever point you want to make on Drake without disparaging others with a false narrative. But you probably still will so carry on.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#90 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 7:50 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

There is SUCH A DIFFERENCE between people providing daycare services and a celebrity texting a kid 20-years younger than him. I would never even dream of texting a girl half my age to provide "life advice" or whatever else. And it not just that on its own - it is that in conjunction with everything else that makes it so damning.

Do you even know what else was said in that message... you're making it sound like he messaged her randomly at 1 am saying "I miss you" when it clearly looked like it was just part of their conversation. I'm sure you've heard a lot of messed up things about child actors and maybe she is super depressed herself and he's saying that to make her feel better about herself.

My point is that you are creating a sexual context when one doesn't exist because your brain operates in a messed up way. Youre the one id be keeping my kids away from tbh. Simple as that lol.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#91 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 7:56 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I'm not commenting on your fictional scenario. I'm not following the dis track thing and with how you you are framing other things I have zero reason to trust your framing of what you are suggesting is the tenor of some conversation Drake had.

I'm simply saying the Big Brother/Sister organization pairs adults(not 18 year olds typically) with at risk kids and these are often the only positive role model in their life. There are tons of stories of how much of a difference they made.

I am thinking whatever Big Brother program and whatever I am thinking of here where I am is a bit different. There are definitely programs here where younger adults / teenagers pair with early teens. It is not some completely unsupervised event or anything liek that. I am sure the program you are talking about exists in some capacity here as well - I actually have no clue on that front.

The thing is... I am not making a fictional scenario - that is all verified undeniable things that Drake has done with young girls. Drake was texting that to Brown, he groped a 17-year old at a concert and kissed her when he was like 23-24 and made a jail bait type comment, he rapped about high schoolers looking "bad", and then there is the whole Bella Harris thing on top of it all. That is not fictional - that is reality.
Are there those who use programs like this to prey on children? Sure. But they are by far the exception and shouldn't be used to mislead people about really important work.

You could make whatever point you want to make on Drake without disparaging others with a false narrative. But you probably still will so carry on.

Where the hell did I disparage others with a false narrative? Tor_Raps made up some false narrative that I think anyone who speaks to a 14-year old is a pedo. I have made it quite clear that is not what I said, as the context of what is being said and why the conversations are taking place are massively important.

I played sports growing up, and doing so was alongside a lot of people (boys and girls) who had their lives greatly impacted by the work of adults in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. who were a parent figure for these kids. But I can tell you one thing - I guarantee those people did not text those kids how much they missed them. And I also guarantee those coaches spent more time with those kids in practices and tournaments than Drake ever did with Millie Bobby Brown.

Like I said - context is VERY important.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#92 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 7:57 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Do you even know what else was said in that message... you're making it sound like he messaged her randomly at 1 am saying "I miss you" when it clearly looked like it was just part of their conversation. I'm sure you've heard a lot of messed up things about child actors and maybe she is super depressed herself and he's saying that to make her feel better about herself.

My point is that you are creating a sexual context when one doesn't exist because your brain operates in a messed up way. Youre the one id be keeping my kids away from tbh. Simple as that lol.

Sheesh man - if you have kids and you find out a 32-year old is texting your child daughter PLEASE step in. Like my god, I feel like I am going crazy that you are trying to act like that kind of behavior is anywhere near normal.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,748

Post#93 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 6, 2024 7:58 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:The thing is... I am not making a fictional scenario - that is all verified undeniable things that Drake has done with young girls. Drake was texting that to Brown, he groped a 17-year old at a concert and kissed her when he was like 23-24 and made a jail bait type comment, he rapped about high schoolers looking "bad", and then there is the whole Bella Harris thing on top of it all.

What Bella Harris thing? You're just repeating all of these things like everyone knows about them.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,756

Post#94 » by ryguy613 » Mon May 6, 2024 7:58 pm

As a great writer once said: "Theres levels to it you and I know"
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#95 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 8:03 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:There is SUCH A DIFFERENCE between people providing daycare services and a celebrity texting a kid 20-years younger than him. I would never even dream of texting a girl half my age to provide "life advice" or whatever else. And it not just that on its own - it is that in conjunction with everything else that makes it so damning.

Sheesh man - if you have kids and you find out a 32-year old is texting your child daughter PLEASE step in. Like my god, I feel like I am going crazy that you are trying to act like that kind of behavior is anywhere near normal.

My point is that you have no idea what their entire conversation was like but your brains assigning a sexual connotation when her comment seemed super innocent. Of course as a parent, you'd like to know what your kids are saying to any human being. That doesn't mean you automatically assume everyone's a pedo, especially one that doesn't have a history of committing any sexual acts.

It's people who think like you that make it tough for older people to do good deeds for strangers even if they happen to be kids. 99% of the people in this world are good people, you don't let the 1% ruin everything you do in life (pulled the number out of my ass but u get it).
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#96 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 8:09 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:The thing is... I am not making a fictional scenario - that is all verified undeniable things that Drake has done with young girls. Drake was texting that to Brown, he groped a 17-year old at a concert and kissed her when he was like 23-24 and made a jail bait type comment, he rapped about high schoolers looking "bad", and then there is the whole Bella Harris thing on top of it all.

What Bella Harris thing? You're just repeating all of these things like everyone knows about them.

It is just more of the same. Weird photos and hanging out with Bella Harris when she was like 16-18 year old.

Just another example of something that is just "weird" that can be explained away if it was once, but when it is multiple teenaged girls that he is "friends with" as a 30-year old you gotta start to question it.

Or this:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jan/07/drake-kisses-fan-17-ogden-theater-denver-colorado-2010
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#97 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 8:11 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

My point is that you have no idea what their entire conversation was like but your brains assigning a sexual connotation when her comment seemed super innocent. Of course as a parent, you'd like to know what your kids are saying to any human being. That doesn't mean you automatically assume everyone's a pedo, especially one that doesn't have a history of committing any sexual acts.

It's people who think like you that make it tough for older people to do good deeds for strangers even if they happen to be kids. 99% of the people in this world are good people, you don't let the 1% ruin everything you do in life (pulled the number out of my ass but u get it).

Bro, I can think of very, very few scenarios where any 30-year old man should be texting a 14-year old that is not family.

I can think of waaaay less in which a 30-year old man should be telling a 14-year old he misses here.

I can think of waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less in which a 30-year old man should have multiple 14-18 year old girls he considers "friends".
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#98 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 8:19 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Sheesh man - if you have kids and you find out a 32-year old is texting your child daughter PLEASE step in. Like my god, I feel like I am going crazy that you are trying to act like that kind of behavior is anywhere near normal.

Bro, I can think of very, very few scenarios where any 30-year old man should be texting a 14-year old that is not family.

I can think of waaaay less in which a 30-year old man should be telling a 14-year old he misses here.

I can think of waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less in which a 30-year old man should have multiple 14-18 year old girls he considers "friends".

Again, you are treating them as complete strangers. Maybe her and her parents reached out to Drake when the opportunity presented itself or she did it herself with her parents consent obviously since it's public knowledge and not something she was trying to hide. The fact you are assigning sexual connotation when you have 0 clue what their conversation was all about is what's troubling.

You're stuck on thinking Drake sent those comments randomly at 1 am while trying to hide everything from her parents. The fact you don't have any details on their relationship but automatically assume there's anything sexual to it is the troubling part. She could be suicidal for all you friggin know. It's what scares good people from trying to be helping in any way.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,295

Post#99 » by KembaWalker » Mon May 6, 2024 8:28 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Again, you are treating them as complete strangers. Maybe her and her parents reached out to Drake when the opportunity presented itself or she did it herself with her parents consent obviously since it's public knowledge and not something she was trying to hide. The fact you are assigning sexual connotation when you have 0 clue what their conversation was all about is what's troubling.

You're stuck on thinking Drake sent those comments randomly at 1 am while trying to hide everything from her parents. The fact you don't have any details on their relationship but automatically assume there's anything sexual to it is the troubling part. She could be suicidal for all you friggin know. It's what scares good people from trying to be helping in any way.

There’s no context that could justify a 30 year old man that isn’t a family member needing to be have a text thread with a 14 year old girl. Drake isn’t a child therapist
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#100 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 8:28 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Maybe, but then you see things like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jan/07/drake-kisses-fan-17-ogden-theater-denver-colorado-2010

And then read lyrics like:

You got a baby Benz, you got some bad friends
High school pics, you was even bad then

And then suddenly there is allllllll this smoke.

"Good people" don't talk about how it feels when a seventeen year old rubs up on them, nor do they make a song and talk about how bad a high schooler is.

You are trying WAY to hard to defend this

Return to The General Board