SUPER OT: Who is winning this beef?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who is in the lead?

Drake
23%
K.Dot
77%

Total votes: 127

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,378

Re: SUPER OT: Who is winning this beef? 

Post#21 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 6, 2024 7:44 am

"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#22 » by KillMonger » Mon May 6, 2024 8:05 am

pointless....in terms of rapping i think kendrick edged it but drake held his own....however the whole thing is stupid....drake says what kendrick said isn't true....kendrick says what drake said isn't true....so this whole battle was just about made up stories and rumors....feels like a publicity stunt
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,944

Post#23 » by jc23 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:28 am

Roy T wrote:It’s not real beef if nobody is dying. They got to keep it real yo.

they done with the 90's.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,087

Post#24 » by Shaka_Zulu » Mon May 6, 2024 9:48 am

It's far from staged. Like very far. These dudes are saying seriously heinous stuff about their families, their kids, accusing one another of beating their girlfriend/wife, or worst of all being a straight up sex offender pedophile. No one brainstormed this as a staged cash grab.

And it's not about proof or not, hard to do that, but the actual world play and pure rapping of it. And when it comes to strictly them dissing eachother.

Both lyrically, world play, and quality of diss tracks it's kendrick by a huge margin. He goes really indepth with the bars and level of world play and viciousness of disses (worst ones since 50 cent destroyed Ja Rule).

Drake taken some decent jabs at Kendrick,especially in Family matter, but most if its surface level stuff, like he doesn't even wanna diss kendrick. He is even waving the white flag end of heart 6 by saying I don't wanna diss you no more.

But most of Drake legit heat in this beef has been targeted at anyone but Kendrick. He had some good bars about ASAP rocky, rick Ross, Metro boomin etc.push ups is his best diss song and its 99% about other rappers.

But he is still kinda guarded about going for the jugular with Kendrick. Like he knows he can't face him at same lyrical level. It was same vs Pusha T. Pusha T dog walked him lyrically and Drake just gave up lol

Same pattern here despite dropping tracks, it's half effort when it comes to really going at Kendrick.
kivancb
Junior
And1: 410

Post#25 » by kivancb » Mon May 6, 2024 9:54 am

Kendrick clearly loses this. He is a tremendous rapper who has a case to be one of the greatest solo acts of all-time, while Drake is a popular person whose music is ****. He is a nobody from a musical point of view, so Kendrick shoud never have stooped to his level, which is pretty low.
DrModesty
Junior
And1: 521

Post#26 » by DrModesty » Mon May 6, 2024 10:04 am

Not much in the way of receipts by either guy but Kendrick has seems to have broader control of the situation and The Heart Part 6 was a very embarrassing self inflicted wound for Drake.
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,703

Post#27 » by Synciere » Mon May 6, 2024 10:25 am

It’s Kendrick by a sizable margin right now. His hatred is more visceral and it’s becoming clearer and clearer that the industry people don’t respect or like Drake as much as the fans do.

It’s crazy how Kendrick winning the battle so far has made him seemingly immune to the charges he hit/hits his girlfriend. That’s nasty work, especially in this day and age. Kendrick hasn’t even denied it; at least Drake denied the daughter and pedophile charges, which seemed outlandish off rip. At this point they’re basically snitching on each other.
Inspektor1312
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,363

Post#28 » by Inspektor1312 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:57 am

Of course it's Kendrick, but I'd like to see some receipts.
Pusha T murdered that clown a few years ago so badly that he had to acknowledge his child.
BodieB
Veteran
And1: 3,368

Post#29 » by BodieB » Mon May 6, 2024 2:02 pm

ChuckChilly wrote:Im a big Kendrick fan but I got Drake taking the battle as a whole. The Heart pt. 6 made Kendrick look foolish and Drake like a mastermind.

"Jokes on you, I was only PRETENDING to be a pedophile!" :noway:
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,719

Post#30 » by ChuckChilly » Mon May 6, 2024 2:13 pm

BodieB wrote:
ChuckChilly wrote:Im a big Kendrick fan but I got Drake taking the battle as a whole. The Heart pt. 6 made Kendrick look foolish and Drake like a mastermind.

I'm not privy to all the claims Kendrick made, but if he was calling Drake a pedo for kissing that 17 year old, then that's really a stretch. People throw that term out way to loosely nowadays. Never should be something you just throw out there. Pedos used to get castrated and killed in prison.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,420

Post#31 » by gottamakeit » Mon May 6, 2024 2:14 pm

Synciere wrote:It’s Kendrick by a sizable margin right now. His hatred is more visceral and it’s becoming clearer and clearer that the industry people don’t respect or like Drake as much as the fans do.

It’s crazy how Kendrick winning the battle so far has made him seemingly immune to the charges he hit/hits his girlfriend. That’s nasty work, especially in this day and age. Kendrick hasn’t even denied it; at least Drake denied the daughter and pedophile charges, which seemed outlandish off rip. At this point they’re basically snitching on each other.

K Dot's brother-in-law went to bat for him. That doesn't happen if K Dot is beating his sister.
Read on Twitter

Drake isn't beating the absentee father & pedo charges/perception.

Drake is out there burying himself with K.Dot's help. Like all these allegations were out there before, but this avalanche is going to bury Drake for good. And i'm all for it.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,542

Post#32 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:17 pm

In a beef between Drake and Kendrick Lamar, I'm rooting for the beef.
BodieB
Veteran
And1: 3,368

Post#33 » by BodieB » Mon May 6, 2024 2:24 pm

ChuckChilly wrote:
BodieB wrote:

I'm not privy to all the claims Kendrick made, but if he was calling Drake a pedo for kissing that 17 year old, then that's really a stretch. People throw that term out way to loosely nowadays. Never should be something you just throw out there. Pedos used to get castrated and killed in prison.

If you aren't privy to the allegations surrounding the guy, then you shouldn't be making claims of him being a mastermind. Drake has a long history of questionable relationships with young girls, not just that awful video (not sure why you'd dismiss that). Many look at his last response as almost an admission of guilt.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,087

Post#34 » by Shaka_Zulu » Mon May 6, 2024 2:27 pm

Synciere wrote:It’s Kendrick by a sizable margin right now. His hatred is more visceral and it’s becoming clearer and clearer that the industry people don’t respect or like Drake as much as the fans do.

Kendrick did deny it, he said specifically that Drake just lazily listened to storytelling fictional rhymes in kendricks Mr morale album and ran with it (grown up album that deals with alot of emotionally dark subjects). He rhymes in the perspective of various characters in most of his heavier songs.

Only faint Internet rumour about him beating a female was already debunked story of Vegas incident 8-9 years ago. And he denied it at the time:

https://youtu.be/z4smCZLaHTQ?si=P9WsnqiRQf6NCGRg
gottamakeit
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by gottamakeit » Mon May 6, 2024 2:28 pm

ChuckChilly wrote:
BodieB wrote:

This isn't the place to discuss every individual allegation of pedophilia/grooming. But if you make even the slightest effort to search, you will find it and you will vomit
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,719

Post#36 » by ChuckChilly » Mon May 6, 2024 2:29 pm

BodieB wrote:
ChuckChilly wrote:
BodieB wrote:"Jokes on you, I was only PRETENDING to be a pedophile!" :noway:

If you aren't privy to the allegations surrounding the guy, then you shouldn't be making claims of him being a mastermind. Drake has a long history of questionable relationships with young girls, not just that awful video (not sure why you'd dismiss that). Many look at his last response as almost an admission of guilt.
I called him mastermind for planting the pictures and the secret daughter story. If Kendrick truly believed Drake was a pedo, he wouldn't wait for a silly rap battle to air that information out.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by gottamakeit » Mon May 6, 2024 2:33 pm

ChuckChilly wrote:
BodieB wrote:
ChuckChilly wrote:I'm not privy to all the claims Kendrick made, but if he was calling Drake a pedo for kissing that 17 year old, then that's really a stretch. People throw that term out way to loosely nowadays. Never should be something you just throw out there. Pedos used to get castrated and killed in prison.

I called him mastermind for planting the pictures and the secret daughter story. If Kendrick truly believed Drake was a pedo, he wouldn't wait for a silly rap battle to air that information out.

All the stuff about Drake has been out there for a while. His stans endlessly defended him & that is part of the reason he still maintains his cultural cachet. If YOU turn on him, he will fall.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by gottamakeit » Mon May 6, 2024 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter
gottamakeit
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by gottamakeit » Mon May 6, 2024 2:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#40 » by Impuniti » Mon May 6, 2024 2:58 pm

gottamakeit wrote:
ChuckChilly wrote:
BodieB wrote:"Jokes on you, I was only PRETENDING to be a pedophile!" :noway:

This isn't the place to discuss every individual allegation of pedophilia/grooming. But if you make even the slightest effort to search, you will find it and you will vomit

Is this regarding Drake?!

Return to The General Board