Magic go star-chasing

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Magic's main target should be ...

Poll ended at Mon May 13, 2024 3:21 pm

Pascal Siakam
8%
OG Anunoby
13%
DeMar DeRozan
7%
D'Angelo Russell
6%
Malik Monk
24%
Bruce Brown
3%
Klay Thompson
26%
Buddy Hield
1%
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
6%
Tyus Jones
7%

Total votes: 144

Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,557

Re: Magic go star-chasing 

Post#81 » by Wargreymon » Tue May 7, 2024 1:00 am

I really hope the Magic dont blow it all on Klay. He is cooked
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,218

Post#82 » by kenwood3333 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:54 am

The magic has enough young talents and they need a veteran PG badly.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,520

Post#83 » by PhilBlackson » Tue May 7, 2024 1:56 am

Maybe I’m crazy but I’d prefer trading for Simons if I were ORL.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,603

Post#84 » by MavsDirk41 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:57 am

I think Bogdan from Atlanta would be perfect for them. They desperately need outside shooting.
Monky15
Starter
And1: 696

Post#85 » by Monky15 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:48 am

Banchero is untouchable. Franz and Suggs should be borderline untouchable only moved for a prime vet not a 30+ one.

I voted OG but it might cause friction having to pay him what it would need to get him to leave the Knicks.

Klay isn't a big enough upgrade over Ingles.

Trade for KD. He'd basically be a C for them and a massive upgrade over Mo Wagner and could finish out his career here. Wouldn't give up any of their big 3 to do it though.

Avdija could be a good fit here like on many other teams. Howard, cap space and 2 1sts. Good player on a team friendly contract like Anthony and WCJ.

PJ Tucker and at least 2 2nds for cap space if they can't find a better use for it.

Tyus Jones if they are fixated on getting a pg but I really don't think they need one. i'd rather another point forward like Avdija or maybe even Kyle Anderson.

JJJ and/ or Bane would be a great get if possible but don't see Memphis looking to move either for a pick package.

Nic Claxton would be an interesting option at C. Mikal Bridges would be nice if he can be had for a pick package.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,541

Post#86 » by jezzerinho » Tue May 7, 2024 8:17 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:I think Bogdan from Atlanta would be perfect for them. They desperately need outside shooting.

This is about the first suggestion on here I actually like. But Bogdan is on such a cheap deal with Atl that they'd only let him go for a comparative kings ransom in return.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#87 » by queridiculo » Tue May 7, 2024 8:47 am

Bradley Beal might be a good fit for that squad.

That contract is icky, but a straight swap for Cole Anthony would probably work salary cap wise.

There's 2 years plus a player option left on Beal's deal which isn't too bad.

He'd be a good fit in a backcourt with Suggs.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,858

Post#88 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue May 7, 2024 9:29 am

queridiculo wrote:Bradley Beal might be a good fit for that squad.

That contract is icky, but a straight swap for Cole Anthony would probably work salary cap wise.

Cole’s entire 3 year contract extension is still less than what Beal will get in a year. It would not be a straight swap but I don’t think Beal is the player needed. We need a point guard.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#89 » by queridiculo » Tue May 7, 2024 10:04 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:

Cole’s entire 3 year contract extension is still less than what Beal will get in a year. It would not be a straight swap but I don’t think Beal is the player needed. We need a point guard.

Cap space + Cole's contract is what I was talking about.

You don't think Suggs can be the starting PG?
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#90 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:11 am

queridiculo wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:

Cap space + Cole's contract is what I was talking about.

You don't think Suggs can be the starting PG?

Cole will be making $12m, Beal is owed $53m. We can trade Cole, Paolo, Franz, and Suggs for Beals and we still wouldn’t match his salary.

There is a reason why our playmakers were Franz and Paolo. I love Suggs and he is amazing defensively but we need a vet point guard that he can learn from. I don’t think him and Beal would make a good backcourt.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#91 » by styLesdavis » Tue May 7, 2024 10:14 am

It might not be a "big name off season" but i would like to sign Tyus Jones and Isaiah Hartenstein.
Hartenstein would improve the defense even more (but with less shooting on the other side) and Tyus Jones would eliminate the turnover-problem and bring solid shooting. Both of them would fit perfectly age-wise into the roster while not being to expensive.

I would go with these two since Klay Thompson will get overpaid and simply can`t dribble the ball while players like Paul George will not be available for Orlando. Malik Monk would be solid as well.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#92 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:27 am

Why not just pay D Lo 25 a year?
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#93 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:29 pm

LaLover11 wrote:Why not just pay D Lo 25 a year?

Why don't you guys just pay him $25m a year?

stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#94 » by stillgotgame » Tue May 7, 2024 11:40 pm

I think OG is their target. Younger guy that fits with their core. Combine that with Dolan’s track record of choking on a big money decision- he always picks the wrong choice. He loves to max chuckers but not pay needed defensive guys like OG.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,083

Post#95 » by Shock Defeat » Tue May 7, 2024 11:44 pm

stillgotgame wrote:I think OG is their target. Younger guy that fits with their core. Combine that with Dolan’s track record of choking on a big money decision- he always picks the wrong choice. He loves to max chuckers but not pay needed defensive guys like OG.

Yeah right, Dolan's gonna think that the Knicks are ready to compete for a title once Randle returns. With how much they gave up to acquire OG, he's not going to choke on extending him.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#96 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:48 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:

Because he wants to play for a new team?
You're right give Klay 30 million a yr
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#97 » by GunnerWRX » Tue May 7, 2024 11:51 pm

The Magic’s cap space is overrated when they can only realistically offer a 1-2 year deal for because they need to pay Wagner Suggs Paolo within 1-2 seasons.

I’d be surprised if they offer a 4 year fat deal to someone like Monk or Klay unless they want to get deep into tax and 2nd apron.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#98 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:51 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:

Because he wants to play for a new team?
You're right give Klay 30 million a yr

We're not getting Klay either.

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#99 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:53 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:The Magic’s cap space is overrated when they can only realistically offer a 1-2 year deal for because they need to pay Wagner Suggs Paolo within 1-2 seasons.

I’d be surprised if they offer a 4 year fat deal to someone like Monk or Klay unless they want to get deep into tax and 2nd apron.

We can go over the cap to pay. Wagner and Suggs aren't getting max, so we're not going to hit the second apron anytime soon but I can't see us going into the luxury tax for anything. This team hasn't paid that since Dwight, and I highly doubt we even did it then. Can't really remember.

stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#100 » by stillgotgame » Tue May 7, 2024 11:56 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:I think OG is their target. Younger guy that fits with their core. Combine that with Dolan’s track record of choking on a big money decision- he always picks the wrong choice. He loves to max chuckers but not pay needed defensive guys like OG.

Yeah right, Dolan's gonna think that the Knicks are ready to compete for a title once Randle returns. With how much they gave up to acquire OG, he's not going to choke on extending him.

Put his back to the wall and he folds. This guy has made more bad decisions than I can count.

Return to The General Board