Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less.

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,817

Re: Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less. 

Post#101 » by Pointgod » Mon May 6, 2024 9:14 pm

Sounds like George returns if he gets a max offer. Morey silently punching air right now.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,582

Re: Shams: Paul George won’t accept less than a max offer, Clippers offering less. 

Post#102 » by JRoy » Mon May 6, 2024 9:31 pm

Whoever offers PG a max contract deserves what they get.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 909

Re: Shams: Paul George appears headed for a Clippers exit. 

Post#103 » by Roy T » Mon May 6, 2024 9:36 pm

mademan wrote:
Roy T wrote:
mademan wrote:
In what world is Paul George walking better for LA then paying him and trading him in 6 months? He should just do what he did with OKC. Take a 4 year contract with LAC with max raises with the understanding that he'll be gone by the TDL. He gets his money, they get some value

What idiot trades for a 35 year old with a substantial injury history on a 4 year max contract with max raises? The guy is good for like 60 games per season and will likely miss a lot of games in the post season as well.

The old guys need a reality check and accept lower amounts of money. They got paid in the past already, what do they need the money for for gods sake?

lol. He will be offered a max. Why would he accept less money than would be on the table? Would you?

Only an idiot GM will put that kind of money on the table. I refuse to believe there are any idiot GMs left…
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#104 » by madmaxmedia » Mon May 6, 2024 9:37 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:If he won't accept 3 years, I wonder who will offer him 4/200? I mean his age would scare me. After all the money he's made, he won't even compromise on the number of years. They offered him 3/150 and that's not enough after all the failure. I mean, whatever.

It's his prerogative to go try to shop for a 4 year deal, I don't think he'll find one (at least for $200M+) so we'll see what he decides after that. One thing is for sure, his performance this postseason really hurt his chances. Had he played strong in the series and at least led them to a Game 7 (or beyond), he'd have set himself up much better for free agency.
Pacernation
Senior
And1: 960

Post#105 » by Pacernation » Mon May 6, 2024 9:38 pm

He will get the max and he won't be worth it. Suspect ballhandler that gets too many touches, inconsistent shooter and an average defender.
You are basically give a max to a dude that might win you two playoff games and stink it up the rest of the series.. I thought that's Hardens job. If this version of PG is one of your centerpieces your team is going nowhere, I'm sorry.
Blaze4G
Pro Prospect
And1: 952

Post#106 » by Blaze4G » Mon May 6, 2024 9:56 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Blaze4G wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is great for the Clippers if true. Yes, it means the SGA trade and era was a bust (could see that years ago). But it also will force them into a rebuild sooner than later most likely which is much needed. PG isn’t worthy of more than 25 per year, let alone 50.

25 per year is ridiculously low. PG is worth around 40 million per year.

Hell no.

When a team signs him for that in the summer I'll be back to say I told you so.
NY 567 wrote: that won't change the fact that Tatum is mediocre as hell and that Ainge is dumb enough to give average starters with no upside like Tatum and Brown max contracts. That's worse than Isiah Thomas level dumb
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,029

Post#107 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:58 pm

JRoy wrote:Whoever offers PG a max contract deserves what they get.

Why are people acting like Paul George sucks now?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,582

Post#108 » by JRoy » Mon May 6, 2024 10:02 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:

Did I say that?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,364

Post#109 » by ___Rand___ » Mon May 6, 2024 10:05 pm

Sixers and Embiid salivate at this. This gives someone like Orlando a glimmer of hope. But we all know it ain't happening. Ballmer spent $2billion on a BRAND NEW SPANKIN ARENA that's about to open next year. Ballmer's got $121 BILLION. $50m Max for PG is chump change for him.

Paul George has the leverage here. He's gonna use it. It's more about who's rear end gets powered by whom when it's inked.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,054

Post#110 » by mg » Mon May 6, 2024 10:06 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:

PG still very good but is he a top 10 player? Top 20? Top 25? Top 30?

Availability is always an issue with him too. He's averaged 52 games over the last 5 seasons.
In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 250

Post#111 » by In-N-Out 247 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:06 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:

He'd make a great 3rd option next to Maxey & Embiid, but I'd be hesitant to give him a full 4 year max contract if I was Morey.

Reality is that he will almost certainly be back with the Clippers. I'm sure that's where he wants to be and they really don't have much of a choice. These other teams are just going to be used as leverage, but I guess they have to try.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,364

Post#112 » by ___Rand___ » Mon May 6, 2024 10:06 pm

Right now Ballmer spent $2bn for his new arena. It's more about putting bums into seats for him. Not about winning a chip.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#113 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:14 pm

mg wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

Availability is always an issue with him too. He's averaged 52 games over the last 5 seasons.

Obviously not top 10. Top 20 most likely, Top 25 definitely. He's a legitimate All-star.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#114 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:19 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

He'd make a great 3rd option next to Maxey & Embiid, but I'd be hesitant to give him a full 4 year max contract if I was Morey.

Reality is that he will almost certainly be back with the Clippers. I'm sure that's where he wants to be and they really don't have much of a choice. These other teams are just going to be used as leverage, but I guess they have to try.

I agree that he's not going anywhere.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,367

Post#115 » by Frank Dux » Mon May 6, 2024 10:21 pm

Clippers hands are tied. They’re going to have to max him or it’s going to be a banged up Kawhi with a very mediocre supporting cast.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,564

Post#116 » by mademan » Mon May 6, 2024 10:34 pm

Roy T wrote:
mademan wrote:
Roy T wrote:
What idiot trades for a 35 year old with a substantial injury history on a 4 year max contract with max raises? The guy is good for like 60 games per season and will likely miss a lot of games in the post season as well.

The old guys need a reality check and accept lower amounts of money. They got paid in the past already, what do they need the money for for gods sake?

lol. He will be offered a max. Why would he accept less money than would be on the table? Would you?

Only an idiot GM will put that kind of money on the table. I refuse to believe there are any idiot GMs left…

Why would you refuse to believe that?
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,055

Post#117 » by Blazing_royale » Mon May 6, 2024 10:46 pm

Don't they got clause where if Kawhi resigns, PG has too? If not I think PG to magic would be nice
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,080

Post#118 » by Shock Defeat » Mon May 6, 2024 10:53 pm

Ballmer is spending money just for fun now. Dude is definitely going to max harden, max PG, after maxing Kawhi so he can go into opening day in Intuit Dome with a big 3 of kawhi/harden/pg13 selling that his team is competing. This is what Lawrence Frank said today, he was already signaling to the fans that they are going to keep the team together. For better or worse.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,947

Post#119 » by Quattro » Mon May 6, 2024 10:55 pm

If someone gives him this max, it will be for what he's done in his career not what he's gonna do in the next 4 years.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#120 » by HotelVitale » Mon May 6, 2024 10:55 pm

mg wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

When he's playing he's a top-20 or so player, top 30 at worst. There's more or less no way to get a current top-20ish player on demand, it's not like there's a standing option to use your max money on a younger or healthier top-20 guy.

It'd be a swing, yes. And maybe you'd end up with a pretty rough contract in the last couple years. We all get that, also get that there's a world that you get a top-20/30 guy for the next couple years for nothing but cap space.

Return to The General Board