Pat Riley to Jimmy Butler: If you aren’t on the court you should keep your mouth shut

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,809

Re: Pat Riley to Jimmy Butler: If you aren’t on the court you should keep your mouth shut 

Post#21 » by SkyHook » Mon May 6, 2024 6:02 pm

Shut up when not dribbling?
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,352

Re: Pat Riley to Jimmy Butler: If you aren’t on the court you should keep your mouth shut 

Post#22 » by hugepatsfan » Mon May 6, 2024 6:04 pm

Jimmy Butler has played 64 playoff games with the Heat. In 20 of them, he's shot 40% from the floor or worse. He's missed 7 games as well. The Heat don't have the same target on their back from the media that other deep playoff teams do. Jimmy gets to have his whole reputation defined by his highest highs but the game by game shows someone who just isn't the caliber of player many make him out to be. He isn't consistent as an offensive player. Game in and game out you cannot rely on him to be your go-to offensive player. Not at a championship level.

The line about an extension for someone who is "available every single night" is truer than I think a lot realize. Between the injuries and inconsistencies, it's hard to justify making him a true supermax player. Heat don't likely have the assets to go get the true #1 offensive player Butler needs to play with and at his age, it becomes harder to write off a max contract as just the cost of doing business the way you can for a younger player who might not truly deserve a supermax but you know that's what it takes to keep him.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,277

Post#23 » by KyRo23 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:07 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
CrossOver wrote:
Read on Twitter
here is video

I don't trust anything anymore with deepfakes loll

Bro I watched this 10x trying to see if his mouth moving was correct due to AI :lol:
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,466

Post#24 » by jokeboy86 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:08 pm

Pat Riley is truly the Godfather. He fears no one. If ur not Magic/KAJ or Jordan he doesnt care who u are and that includes Lebron or even Wade. Heat Culture is real and he’s it.
miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 6,983

Post#25 » by miamiheat319 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:08 pm

Jimmy might be my favorite player in the league but gonna have to agree with Pat on this one. Still would hate to see him go tho
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,764

Post#26 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 6, 2024 6:13 pm

CrossOver wrote:
Read on Twitter
here is video

Always admired this man. He cut me deep when he left, and I hate him for it, but I admire him
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,623

Post#27 » by Threezus » Mon May 6, 2024 6:13 pm

Miami doesn't by chance need a PG and some pieces do they XD Jimmy is the type of dude i think the Hawks and company need around them.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,299

Post#28 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon May 6, 2024 6:14 pm

Pat Riley embodies Heat Culture. Not the guy yapping from the bench, while his team gets obliterated in 4/5 games.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,863

Post#29 » by Jcity08 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:19 pm

CrossOver wrote:
Read on Twitter
here is video

Pat knows whats up, its super cringe when you're buzzed sipping on your drinks in flip flops on some getaway retreat talking about "If I wasn't injured & in playing shape and I'd beat so and so team".

Maybe if I was rich, famous and successful in life I'd be able to have a shot at dating a runway model, but Im none of those things, just like you arent healthy Jimmy, so you're living the life I want and Knicks/Celtics are playing in the games you want.

What you did in the past is not relevent today Jimmy, what have you done for me now? Fact is you and your colleagues aren't going to be seeing the court until next fall, enjoy that time off.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,813

Post#30 » by Rafael122 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:20 pm

Can't see Philly trading for him and absorbing them into their cap room, but if that were to happen, Miami is going to figure out a way to recalibrate things again knowing they have the 15th pick, Robinson and Herro to trade.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
BodieB
Veteran
And1: 3,368

Post#31 » by BodieB » Mon May 6, 2024 6:21 pm

Crazy for so many people here and in the media that want to elevate Jimmy to top 10 status based solely off of the post season. Glad the legend sees things properly.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,859

Post#32 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 6:22 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:Pat Riley embodies Heat Culture. Not the guy yapping from the bench, while his team gets obliterated in 4/5 games.

Butler is the reason "Heat Culture" isn't just a joke. Before Jimmy saved that franchise, Pat had them on the treadmilliest of treadmills after LeBron left.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
zshawn10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,579

Post#33 » by zshawn10 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:23 pm

he went after herro too:

Read on Twitter
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,229

Post#34 » by G R E Y » Mon May 6, 2024 6:23 pm

Well there's a way to get out ahead of 'We're not paying you supermax and here's why' and this is one of them.

FAFO
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,913

Post#35 » by theforumblue » Mon May 6, 2024 6:25 pm

problem with jimmy's comments is that whether he meant it that way or not he's basically making fun of his teammates and not the celtics/knicks. yeah he should shut up.
screw these absolute garbage refs
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,161

Post#36 » by HMFFL » Mon May 6, 2024 6:29 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:Damn, now Butler might want to leave. Riley should have kept his mouth shut.
Maybe Butler leaving would be a good thing for Miami.
34 years old and can barely play 60 games. It's rather amazing he accomplished to do so in the last two seasons.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,260

Post#37 » by Edrees » Mon May 6, 2024 6:33 pm

I'm pretty sure jimmy butler would respect pat riley for saying something like this
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,474

Post#38 » by Hornet Mania » Mon May 6, 2024 6:35 pm

Riles is not a man to be trifled with.

And he's totally correct.

If Butler is offended and wants out Riley will advise him not to let the door hit him where the good lord split him. He's on the downturn of his career and isn't in any position to dictate terms.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,564

Post#39 » by mademan » Mon May 6, 2024 6:38 pm

Edrees wrote:I'm pretty sure jimmy butler would respect pat riley for saying something like this

Maybe to his face. Saying it to the media makes jimmy look like a bish
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,673

Post#40 » by bisme37 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:38 pm

Doomsayer promoting doom.

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board