Clippers president Lawrence Frank: Just because it’s happened the last few years doesn’t mean it will again.

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,112

AE, BF, RMB? Why Not Try, AA (Or Its Kin) 

Post#41 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon May 6, 2024 8:59 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
ropjhk wrote:
liquidswords wrote:the actual definition of insanity.

I hate when people say this. There are people in this world who literally do not know that the Einstein definition of insanity is not the actual definition of insanity.

And even Einstein is being misinterpreted here (if it was even Einstein who said it). He didn’t mean trying the same thing multiple times means you’re insane, it’s about compulsive behavior.

It may not be Einstein at all, in fact not even a person; it's a group. Ever heard of Alcoholics Anonymous? Here's their kin, Narcotics Anonymous, specifically from an approved version of a book released in 1981. More information on the insanity parable can be read here.

Look at the definitions for insanity and its root word insane. Nothing to do with repeating history and expecting new outcomes. Because of this, the word "insanity" has lost all meaning and is reduced to being a conclusive definition. Better yet, an object.

Insanity is nothing more than a slot machine.
bluemj32
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,025

Re: Clippers president Lawrence Frank: Just because it’s happened the last few years doesn’t mean it will again. 

Post#42 » by bluemj32 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:06 pm

Same story different day. The West is going to be harder next year too.

We'll see where they end up if they run it back.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,494

Re: Clippers president Lawrence Frank: Just because it’s happened the last few years doesn’t mean it will again. 

Post#43 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 6, 2024 9:51 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote: Maybe now they will do the right thing and nuke this team,

:lol:

Clippers want to keep Paul George, James Harden with Kawhi Leonard

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40095805/clippers-want-keep-paul-george-james-harden-alongside-kawhi-leonard
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
liquidswords
Pro Prospect
And1: 970

Post#45 » by liquidswords » Mon May 6, 2024 10:29 pm

ropjhk wrote:

I hate when people say this. There are people in this world who literally do not know that the Einstein definition of insanity is not the actual definition of insanity.

lol you seem fun..."there are people in the world..." bud that phrase is more widely known than Einstein's actual definition. Hate to break it to you.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,260

Post#46 » by Edrees » Mon May 6, 2024 10:37 pm

bovice wrote:you could have said the same thing about Dallas. they eventually got over the hump with dirk/jet/Carlisle

Those mavs had a season when they won 67 games, made the finals, and they ended up 1st or 2nd or 3rd seed many times. They were really good, but they played below their level in the playoffs for various reasons. So they were a great team with Dirk that needed to overcome a "hump" as you said.

This Clippers core has finished 2nd just once and , 4th twice, 5th once, and missed the playoffs once , never made the finals. They are just not that good. It's not about overcoming any humps its about suddenly becoming a way better team that they never were which is delusional.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,055

Post#47 » by Blazing_royale » Mon May 6, 2024 10:46 pm

Kawhi isn't getting any younger each year.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,029

Post#48 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:48 pm

liquidswords wrote:
ropjhk wrote:

lol you seem fun..."there are people in the world..." bud that phrase is more widely known than Einstein's actual definition. Hate to break it to you.

You understand it's not actually the definition of insanity, right? It's a saying. There's not literally an average of 1 sucker born every minute either.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,329

Post#49 » by ShootersShoot » Mon May 6, 2024 11:11 pm

bovice wrote:you could have said the same thing about Dallas. they eventually got over the hump with dirk/jet/Carlisle

How many playoff series did Dirk get injured in? Because there's a difference between playing a series and losing versus getting injured during the series and losing, and have it happen for four straight seasons.
web123888
Freshman
And1: 70

Post#50 » by web123888 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:12 pm

Your time is up. Team is old. Even if healthy there are much better teams.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,947

Post#51 » by hauntedcomputer » Mon May 6, 2024 11:21 pm

Translation: "I have done an excellent job so don't fire me. Just one more year. Pleeeeeeze."
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,947

Post#52 » by hauntedcomputer » Mon May 6, 2024 11:23 pm

liquidswords wrote:
ropjhk wrote:

Bro, Einstein-splainin is next-level brain genius.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,460

Post#54 » by tdotrep2 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:05 am

Papi_swav wrote:Had no idea Lawrence Frank was the Clippers president, I remember when he just became the Nets head coach back in Jersey. Wow he came a long way

yea, I remember when he came to 41 home raptor games in 2019.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,537

Post#55 » by nbafan38 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:29 am

LarsV8 wrote:I don't see that as naive idiocy at all.

They were competitive with Dallas and were missing Kawhi.

It's the same story every year with them. When is Kawhi ever healthy? And being competitive (debatable if they even were) in the first round is not exactly successful.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,962

Post#56 » by Anticon » Tue May 7, 2024 1:35 am

tdotrep2 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Had no idea Lawrence Frank was the Clippers president, I remember when he just became the Nets head coach back in Jersey. Wow he came a long way

Maybe he can head back to Toronto to do some scouting. Was really the height of his career. Signed or acquired 3 of the 9 rotation players on that team.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,995

Post#57 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue May 7, 2024 1:39 am

Anticon wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:

Maybe he can head back to Toronto to do some scouting. Was really the height of his career. Signed or acquired 3 of the 9 rotation players on that team.

:lol: :lol:
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,916

Post#58 » by Karate Diop » Tue May 7, 2024 2:20 am

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Huge contrast in Pat Riley going ham on his team vs naive idiocy like this.

They resigned Kawhi already, what's he supposed to say?

For better or for worse they're stuck with him.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,644

Post#59 » by ropjhk » Tue May 7, 2024 3:47 am

liquidswords wrote:
ropjhk wrote:

You seem to need this:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

Return to The General Board