Refs steal a possession from Pacers [Update]Official complaint filed for 78 Bad Calls

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,703

Re: Refs steal a possession from Pacers and gives it to Knicks, denies challenge in the last minute of the game 

Post#121 » by rzzzzz » Tue May 7, 2024 1:12 pm

Meat wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:They did this in the Sixers series... rigged league.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Nah, we whooped y’all’s ass

While getting outscored. Just that 3-D chess Thibs is famous for.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,520

Re: Refs steal a possession from Pacers and gives it to Knicks, denies challenge in the last minute of the game 

Post#122 » by gavran » Tue May 7, 2024 1:22 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
Meat wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:They did this in the Sixers series... rigged league.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Nah, we whooped y’all’s ass

I vaguely remember the Knicks outscoring the Sixers 4 out of the 6 games. Coincidentally enough, those were the games the Sixers lost. No connection.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,815

Post#123 » by omerome » Tue May 7, 2024 1:24 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:Well knicks are becoming easy to root against.

Some of their fans man....holyyyy

Come on, man. If it's that easy to start rooting against the Knicks, you already wanted to.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,127

Post#124 » by DaGawd » Tue May 7, 2024 1:24 pm

omerome wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:Well knicks are becoming easy to root against.

Some of their fans man....holyyyy

Come on, man. If it's that easy to start rooting against the Knicks, you already wanted to.

basically. we don’t need the fake love
BaF
Washington Wizards
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#125 » by DaGawd » Tue May 7, 2024 1:25 pm

srhcan wrote:
picc wrote:
yoadknux wrote:https://youtu.be/P2vGgZi-TJ4?si=HbgYXvSQjgTzsGz4&t=453

Now that I've had time to think this through, Pacers were robbed.
Those two calls down the stretch - The kicked ball and screen - were the worst calls I've seen in a long time

There were literally three calls in a row that **** Indy.

I don't think I've seen that before.

NBA badly wants Knicks to proceed as much as possible: East final, NBA final and finally NBA champion. But Knicks has lost lot of respect among NBA community because of all their foul baiting, flopping and referees repeatedly helping them. They might win this way but nobody will respect them.

lol what
BaF
Washington Wizards
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,389

Post#126 » by Scalabrine » Tue May 7, 2024 1:31 pm

srhcan wrote:
picc wrote:

NBA badly wants Knicks to proceed as much as possible: East final, NBA final and finally NBA champion. But Knicks has lost lot of respect among NBA community because of all their foul baiting, flopping and referees repeatedly helping them. They might win this way but nobody will respect them.

I think you're thinking of Embiid and Philly...Last series the Knicks were the team with "New York" on their jerseys.
Go Knicks!
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#127 » by DaGawd » Tue May 7, 2024 1:32 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
srhcan wrote:
picc wrote:

I think you're thinking of Embiid and Philly...Last series the Knicks were the team with "New York" on their jerseys.

right? i’m like how were we constantly helped in that series against philly
BaF
Washington Wizards
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,520

Post#128 » by blueNorange » Tue May 7, 2024 1:34 pm

srhcan wrote:
picc wrote:

Those two calls down the stretch - The kicked ball and screen - were the worst calls I've seen in a long time

it’s okay 11 more wins for the knicks
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#129 » by NoStatsGuy » Tue May 7, 2024 1:39 pm

its moving screens all game.. should they call it in that situaion? No they shoudl call it way earlier, so that they dont have to make such a call late, because turner doesnt know how to set a screen.

if they call it a kick ball, they just cant challange. They didnt deny the challenge because the refs love the knicks. yes they blew a call, **** happens. they blew many calls all game. and in the first half indy got every call and the knicks got nothing.

maybe haliburton could play like an all star and not like a d leaguer next game?
im bout dat action boss
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,815

Post#130 » by omerome » Tue May 7, 2024 1:39 pm

srhcan wrote:
picc wrote:

Wait a sec. The NBA, which I've watched since the 90s, has never ever benefited the Knicks. From the excessive suspensions when they played the Heat with the PJ Brown/Charlie Ward brawl to the 2000s of dealing with the horrible eras of Scott Layden, Isiah Thomas, Phil Jackson, and Steve Mills in which they have all made horrible decisions after horrible decisions. A team which has never moved up in the draft despite having one of the worst records in the league at the time to select a franchise player they always wanted and needed. Never got the prized free agent they hoped for. Traded away countless draft picks, now all of a sudden, the league decided that yesterday, they will make it up to the Knicks?

Let's face it. The refs were horrible. Some went in the Knicks favor, and some didn't. But this wasn't some conspiracy from the league to push the Knicks. They clearly have been doing very well despite their shortcomings over the past decades.

This was just a game where the refs like many nights decided to crap the bed and one team got more of the benefit. But that doesn't and shouldn't excuse the fact that IND still have opportunities to win and their best player didn't show up.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,636

Post#131 » by bishnykfan » Tue May 7, 2024 1:42 pm

Basketball is an incredibly difficult game to officiate at any level. The NBA is the premier league and should have the best referees. Saying that, they all are bad at their jobs. Not because they are "rigging" the game but because the game is so fast and so physical, it is nearly impossible to get the majority of calls correct. The Knicks got the benefit of some of those incorrect calls last night but they got calls wrong for both teams.

Watching live, I thought Brunson dribbled the ball out of bounds 22 seconds left. The refs gave the ball to Indy (incorrectly) and if NY didn't have a challenge, NY fans would be the ones saying they were robbed. Watching live, I thought it was a kicked ball on Indy. Not until you see a replay do you realize that it wasn't off Brunson and it wasn't a kicked ball. Why the league doesn't allow a kicked ball to be reviewed is a good question.

The illegal screen was a horrid call as far as I'm concerned. Referee has to swallow his whistle on that play unless there is a completely egregious moving screen. To me, that was the one call that ruined a really great game. Let that play play out and who knows what happens.

Anyway you look at it, Knicks got a break last night. But as I tell my HS team, don't put yourself into a position to let the refs decide a game, because they are all bad. Every losing team will always be able to look at a couple of calls that went against them and use that as an excuse.

Last night was a great game, it's a shame that people will only talk about the officiating.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,713

Post#132 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,068

Post#133 » by Darth Celtic » Tue May 7, 2024 1:50 pm

The game want really called all that bad till the last three mins. Then it was criminal bad
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,860

Post#134 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 1:52 pm

srhcan wrote:
picc wrote:

Yeah. And to keep people off the scent they refused to toss Embiid in game 3, let Maxey get away with a travel to win game 5, allow teams to hug Brunson before he gets the ball, and forced Thibs to burn his last challenge on an obvious out of bounds error that went in favor of Indiana.

Sneaky NBA always helping the Knicks at every opportunity.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by rzzzzz » Tue May 7, 2024 2:39 pm

gavran wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:
Meat wrote:Nah, we whooped y’all’s ass

I vaguely remember the Knicks outscoring the Sixers 4 out of the 6 games. Coincidentally enough, those were the games the Sixers lost. No connection.

Yes, just like the electoral college, where and when you get your points is important.
I’m just questioning the characterization of ass whooping. (Let alone what the series looks like if Maxey gets a whistle when he gets clobbered, let alone something even vaguely reminiscent of Brunson’s brush contacts.)
cgf
RealGM

Post#136 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 2:42 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
gavran wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:

Yes, just like the electoral college, where and when you get your points is important.
I’m just questioning the characterization of ass whooping. (Let alone what the series looks like if Maxey gets a whistle when he gets clobbered, let alone something even vaguely reminiscent of Brunson’s brush contacts.)

If Embiid weren't a former MVP and had been tossed in game 3 like he should've been, then Maxey wouldn't have even gotten the chance to travel in game 5 :wink:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,896

Post#137 » by Thaddy » Tue May 7, 2024 2:47 pm

The NBA is built on missed calls leading to three point shots. There's a refereeing and gambling problem. It's hard to miss at this point the massaging is getting out of hand.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,039

Post#138 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue May 7, 2024 2:49 pm

Admittedly I'm a knicks fan but I've asked this question before when people think the NBA fixes the game for the lakers.

Why do you watch the NBA if you think it is fixed?

As an aside, if the NBA fixes games for the knicks why didn't the NBA bother to give the knicks decent teams for 2 decades?
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by rzzzzz » Tue May 7, 2024 3:24 pm

cgf wrote:If Embiid weren't a former MVP and had been tossed in game 3 like he should've been, then Maxey wouldn't have even gotten the chance to travel in game 5 :wink:

If the Knicks coaches were sharp, they could have had it reviewed. But it was pretty subtle and it happened in the heat of the action. It took a million rabid fans hours to catch that zoom in. But yes, that’s how you play basketball. Brunson getting all those whistles and, frankly, making so many killer shots forced the Sixers to double, and in the confusion they left Hart wide open. Pick your poison, as Brett used to say (but never quite figured it out).
cgf
RealGM

Post#140 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 3:25 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
cgf wrote:If Embiid weren't a former MVP and had been tossed in game 3 like he should've been, then Maxey wouldn't have even gotten the chance to travel in game 5 :wink:

If the Knicks coaches were sharp, they could have had it reviewed. But it was pretty subtle and it happened in the heat of the action. It took a million rabid fans hours to catch that zoom in. But yes, that’s how you play basketball. Brunson getting all those whistles and, frankly, making so many killer shots forced the Sixers to double, and in the confusion they left Hart wide open. Pick your poison, as Brett used to say (but never quite figured it out).

I'm pretty sure we all noticed Joel grabbing Mitch out of the air when it happened...

Return to The General Board