If the wolves win this year like it or not…

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

If the wolves win this year like it or not… 

Post#1 » by CobraCommander » Tue May 7, 2024 4:56 am

If the wolves win this year, like it or not, worthy or not, Edwards will assume the mantle of the best player on earth and the Kobe, MJ, LeBron sportcenter lead off Ablock spot will be his….

ESPN prayed for Booker or Tatum to be this new good looking blue blooded American all star face of the league and when that was looking shaky they turned to Ja and Zion and those men got issues - but like mana from
Heaven Stephen A Smith and his bosses at ESPN have found their man and Adam Silver can rest easy knowing that he can tell Bronny, LBJ and Rich Paul - I’m out of the King James business and into the Edwards business -

It feels ordained -

I would love to see Edwards and wolves win but I swear I don’t want the fake narrative - i hope it’s organic and Luka sga Tatum Brunson and Maxey all get some time based on merit and not just narrative
DLoMor
Junior
And1: 648

Re: If the wolves win this year like it or not… 

Post#2 » by DLoMor » Tue May 7, 2024 4:57 am

Don't forget to mention that the Gobert trade was probably the best trade ever and that the Wolves fleeced the Jazz.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,785

Post#3 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 7, 2024 5:00 am

I think Ant is getting a tad overrated to be quite honest. It’s definitely not just him doing this. KAT and Reid have been incredible offensively too, and he isn’t even the best or even the second best defender on his team (McDaniels, NAW, and Gobert do more on defense)

He’s a great young talent and a likable guy though. Just not sure if I’m willing to say he’s on that MJ Bron Kobe level yet.
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,275

Post#4 » by SweaterBae » Tue May 7, 2024 5:01 am

I'm liking Ant more and more but this is out of control. KAT was the best player on the court tonight.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,998

Post#5 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 5:02 am

CobraCommander wrote:If the wolves win this year, like it or not, worthy or not, Edwards will assume the mantle of the best player on earth and the Kobe, MJ, LeBron sportcenter lead off Ablock spot will be his….

ESPN prayed for Booker or Tatum to be this new good looking blue blooded American all star face of the league and when that was looking shaky they turned to Ja and Zion and those men got issues - but like mana from
Heaven Stephen A Smith and his bosses at ESPN have found their man and Adam Silver can rest easy knowing that he can tell Bronny, LBJ and Rich Paul - I’m out of the King James business and into the Edwards business -

It feels ordained -

I would love to see Edwards and wolves win but I swear I don’t want the fake narrative - i hope it’s organic and Luka sga Tatum Brunson and Maxey all get some time based on merit and not just narrative

Edward’s is the NWO.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,614

Post#6 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 5:03 am

Firstly they haven’t won anything yet.

Secondly, if they don’t win, it’s going to be funny watching the NBA world slowly turn on Edwards when he’s no longer the new shiny thing.

It happened to Luka. It happened to Booker. It happened to Tatum.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,988

Post#7 » by The Corey's » Tue May 7, 2024 5:04 am

Why you dragging Tatum into this? The Wolves aren't ready. It's a wait your turn league.

It ain't their turn.
EmpireFalls
Starter

Post#8 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 7, 2024 5:05 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:Firstly they haven’t won anything yet.

Secondly, if they don’t win, it’s going to be funny watching the NBA world slowly turn on Edwards when he’s no longer the new shiny thing.

It happened to KD, it happened to Rose, it happened to Wade, it even happened to this one small forward from Akron who you may have heard of.

Death, taxes, the NBA media hyping up young stars just to tear them down when they don’t win immediately.
KayDee35
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,675

Post#9 » by KayDee35 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:08 am

Ant is prime SportsCenter material. The Wolves winning it this year would be a dream come true for the sports media world.

We'll only know he's the newly crowned king of ESPN when they start talking about trade rumors to LA/NY and how he doesn't have enough help every year he fails to win a ring.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Post#10 » by CobraCommander » Tue May 7, 2024 5:08 am

The Corey's wrote:Why you dragging Tatum into this? The Wolves aren't ready. It's a wait your turn league.

It ain't their turn.

You know my point - if they win they crowning AntMan
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,614

Post#11 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 7, 2024 5:08 am

EmpireFalls wrote:I think Ant is getting a tad overrated to be quite honest. It’s definitely not just him doing this. KAT and Reid have been incredible offensively too, and he isn’t even the best or even the second best defender on his team (McDaniels, NAW, and Gobert do more on defense)

He’s a great young talent and a likable guy though. Just not sure if I’m willing to say he’s on that MJ Bron Kobe level yet.

Because he’s likeable and aesthetically pleasing to watch people are desperate for him to ascend into an all time great quickly while ignoring the rest of his teams talent.
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,863

Post#12 » by jkvonny » Tue May 7, 2024 5:09 am

Here comes the Celtics fans. :lol:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,455

Post#13 » by zimpy27 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:09 am

This is more like Wade in 2006 we are seeing..

Wemby still getting the limelight I think
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,902

Post#14 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 5:10 am

EmpireFalls wrote:

It happened to KD, it happened to Rose, it happened to Wade, it even happened to this one small forward from Akron who you may have heard of.

Death, taxes, the NBA media hyping up young stars just to tear them down when they don’t win immediately.

With Wade the league gifted him a championship over the Mavs with the most free throws in Finals history to make him the next MJ. He wasn't even the biggest star in the league after that, Lebron was. They should have just not meddled with it and allowed the Mavs to win that championship.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#15 » by The Corey's » Tue May 7, 2024 5:11 am

CobraCommander wrote:
The Corey's wrote:Why you dragging Tatum into this? The Wolves aren't ready. It's a wait your turn league.

It ain't their turn.

You know my point - if they win they crowning AntMan

As they should. It's hard as hell to win a NBA title and to do it on the defensive side in a small NBA market while dethroning the defending NBA champs?

Fine by me. The NBA needs new stars. We're done with the Durant and LeBron era.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,519

Post#16 » by CodeBreaker » Tue May 7, 2024 5:11 am

Edwards enters Team USA locker room and says "there's a new sheriff in town"
DLoMor
Junior
And1: 648

Post#17 » by DLoMor » Tue May 7, 2024 5:11 am

It ain't their turn.

Because what has Tatum done and won so far? Nothing, probably one of the most overrated players of all time in my honest opinion. Ant is already better than him.
EmpireFalls
Starter

Post#18 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 7, 2024 5:12 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:

With Wade the league gifted him a championship over the Mavs with the most free throws in Finals history to make him the next MJ. He wasn't even the biggest star in the league after that, Lebron was. They should have just not meddled with it and allowed the Mavs to win that championship.

Tbh even that didn’t last that long. I vaguely remember in 09 and 10 people hating on Wade quite a bit (even though he was playing excellent basketball) bc he couldn’t win a playoff series without Shaq.

Basically if you don’t win the title every year you’re going to get called a fraud at some point.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#19 » by Revived » Tue May 7, 2024 5:12 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:I think Ant is getting a tad overrated to be quite honest. It’s definitely not just him doing this. KAT and Reid have been incredible offensively too, and he isn’t even the best or even the second best defender on his team (McDaniels, NAW, and Gobert do more on defense)

Because he’s likeable and aesthetically pleasing to watch people are desperate for him to ascend into an all time great quickly while ignoring the rest of his teams talent.

Even calling him “likable” is kind of crazy just because he’s goofy and always smiling on the court. Off the court, he was streaming himself using homophobic slurs and then got caught cheating on his wife of two months with another girl who he had to bribe to get an abortion. Probably other things too that I’m not remembering right now.

Terrific player sure but I see people labeling him a “role player” type guy and that’s insane to me. There’s a difference between guys like LeBron/Steph etc who never got caught up in any off court crap like Edwards does.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#20 » by The Corey's » Tue May 7, 2024 5:13 am

DLoMor wrote:

It ain't their turn.

Because what has Tatum done and won so far? Nothing, probably one of the most overrated players of all time in my honest opinion. Ant is already better than him.

He's not. He hasn't even sniffed a semi finals yet.

People are wild with recency bias all the time.

Return to The General Board