is that satire or not?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,659

is that satire or not? 

Post#1 » by schnakenpopanz » Tue May 7, 2024 10:53 am

;ab_channel=FXNetworks

Al Bundy plays Sterling
Fishburne playing Rivers

LA's other team
They made Losing Time.

Can't stop laughing.
free steve nash!
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Re: is that satire or not? 

Post#2 » by UcanUwill » Tue May 7, 2024 11:12 am

I hate these type of things, but there is novelty in seeing random actors be JJ Redick, Chris Paul, Doc Rivers etc.

Didnt even know O'Neil and supposedly Sterling were in such good shapes. By the end, I have pictured Sterling as the guy who can barely walk, IDK.

4 touchdowns in a single game.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager

Post#3 » by schnakenpopanz » Tue May 7, 2024 11:20 am

UcanUwill wrote:I hate these type of things, but there is novelty in seeing random actors be JJ Redick, Chris Paul, Doc Rivers etc.

Didnt even know O'Neil and supposedly Sterling were in such good shapes. By the end, I have pictured Sterling as the guy who can barely walk, IDK.

i would not call lawrence fishburne random actor.
actually he is the first person who comes to my mind when i think about who could play doc rivers
free steve nash!
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,145

Post#4 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:58 am

You have to win to be able to tell a compelling story? Iunno about that one
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Post#5 » by UcanUwill » Tue May 7, 2024 12:27 pm

schnakenpopanz wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I hate these type of things, but there is novelty in seeing random actors be JJ Redick, Chris Paul, Doc Rivers etc.

actually he is the first person who comes to my mind when i think about who could play doc rivers

True, O'Neil and Fishburne aren't random actors, they are very famous. I have never pondered who should play Doc, never thought we would need such a thing. But I just tried to say how weird and novel is when they make such series or films based on very recent events featuring well known people, and cast actors in those roles.

They no doubt going to make similar thing of Donald Trump. Who do you thing should play that, or Mitch McConnell, Biden. Hillary etc.? No matter what, it would be strange to see such a thing and it is strange seeing this, I knew this was happening, I think we all did, but still weird seeing actual trailer.

P.S. Bernie Sanders is easily Christopher Lloyd.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,144

Post#6 » by Calvin Klein » Tue May 7, 2024 12:47 pm

I couldnt' get through the whole thing. I hate that everything is a biopic/bioseries now. **** lame. This is no exception.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,451

Post#7 » by BigGargamel » Tue May 7, 2024 12:55 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:I couldnt' get through the whole thing. I hate that everything is a biopic/bioseries now. **** lame. This is no exception.

:lol:

Even Amy Winehouse got a biopic and she was popular for like 2 years.
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,975

Post#8 » by Dubious Handles » Tue May 7, 2024 1:03 pm

Not my cup of tea and I will def. not be watching it, but seeing Doc Rivers aka freaking Lawrence Fishburne with that hairline in the video thumbnail gave me a good chuckle :lol:
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,062

Post#9 » by Raptor_Guy » Tue May 7, 2024 1:08 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:I couldnt' get through the whole thing. I hate that everything is a biopic/bioseries now. **** lame. This is no exception.

I feel like Hollywood is running out of original ideas so all they do now is rehash old franchises or make biopics. It's kinda crazy to me they're going to stretch this out into a whole series, I could understand if they went on to win the title that year but not really sure how they end this after the initial scandal happens.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 3,006

Post#10 » by mastermixer » Tue May 7, 2024 1:22 pm

lol it’s basically the Clippers version of The People Vs OJ Simpson.

The OJ one was super cheesy at first but then actually got pretty interesting and entertaining
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
schnakenpopanz
General Manager

Post#11 » by schnakenpopanz » Tue May 7, 2024 2:03 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:

True, O'Neil and Fishburne aren't random actors, they are very famous. I have never pondered who should play Doc, never thought we would need such a thing. But I just tried to say how weird and novel is when they make such series or films based on very recent events featuring well known people, and cast actors in those roles.

They no doubt going to make similar thing of Donald Trump. Who do you thing should play that, or Mitch McConnell, Biden. Hillary etc.? No matter what, it would be strange to see such a thing and it is strange seeing this, I knew this was happening, I think we all did, but still weird seeing actual trailer.

P.S. Bernie Sanders is easily Christopher Lloyd.

House of Farts!
nvm
on a serious note this Trump Era has so much potential to be viewed as an alternate reality. it is not even a drama or a comedy anymore.
free steve nash!
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,144

Post#12 » by Calvin Klein » Tue May 7, 2024 3:14 pm

schnakenpopanz wrote:nvm
on a serious note this Trump Era has so much potential to be viewed as an alternate reality. it is not even a drama or a comedy anymore.

uncanny
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#13 » by Lalouie » Tue May 7, 2024 3:56 pm

sam rockwell

gary coleman

knucklehead smiff

Return to The General Board