How many players do you take over Joel to build a team accounting for health and age?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,395

How many players do you take over Joel to build a team accounting for health and age? 

Post#1 » by Woodsanity » Tue May 7, 2024 2:05 pm

Considering he rests for half the season and still is "hurt" and loses to the superior player in Brunson in the first round.

I would probably take any of these guys over him in no order:

Luka
Jokic
Giannis
Brunson
SGA
Tatum
Wemby
Anthony Edwards

There's a few more I would consider but these are the ones I would take 100/100 over him.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 583

Re: How many players do you take over Joel to build a team accounting for health and age? 

Post#2 » by Gregoire » Tue May 7, 2024 2:48 pm

Mitchell
Zion
Luka
Jokic
Giannis
SGA
Tatum
Wemby
Anthony Edwards
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
nbanfldeg
Ballboy
And1: 60

Re: How many players do you take over Joel to build a team accounting for health and age? 

Post#3 » by nbanfldeg » Tue May 7, 2024 2:50 pm

I'd also take Ja Morant, Banchero, DBook, and Fox to build around over Embiid. Embiid is definitely better than them but I can't put as much stock into his longevity as I would with them.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,395

Post#4 » by Woodsanity » Tue May 7, 2024 5:37 pm

nbanfldeg wrote:I'd also take Ja Morant, Banchero, DBook, and Fox to build around over Embiid. Embiid is definitely better than them but I can't put as much stock into his longevity as I would with them.

Ja morant has to many question marks in terms of attitude.
Iffy on Fox and D Book.

Probably out of those guys maybe Banchero since he has high upside.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
nbanfldeg
Ballboy
And1: 60

Post#5 » by nbanfldeg » Tue May 7, 2024 9:21 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
nbanfldeg wrote:I'd also take Ja Morant, Banchero, DBook, and Fox to build around over Embiid. Embiid is definitely better than them but I can't put as much stock into his longevity as I would with them.

Ja morant has to many question marks in terms of attitude.
Iffy on Fox and D Book.

Probably out of those guys maybe Banchero since he has high upside.

As an investor, I'd have more faith in being able to control Ja's off-court antics more so than Embiid's health. Ja had 1 horrible off-season of mistakes. Embiid has had numerous seasons filled with injury woes.

As for Book and Fox, you'd definitely need a better supporting cast around them than you'd need around Embiid, but I trust that if built the right way, they can thrive as 1B or 2 on a championship team. Embiid can't be a 1A because his health issues are constant.

Return to The General Board