Denver reporter: Nuggets may need to break up the team

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 378

Re: Denver reporter: Nuggets may need to break up the team 

Post#61 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 8, 2024 11:51 am

Godymas wrote:they said PHX needs to blow it up after losing to Minny

now they say Denver needs to blow it up after going down 0-2 to Minny

what is THIS team good lord
Once the Nuggets win this series, Minny will need to go back to rebuild their team and trade Ant for a bunch of future picks to get started since Utah took most them away Lol
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,431

Post#62 » by TheNG » Wed May 8, 2024 11:55 am

They should look to trade Murray or MPJ or both for players that worth their money.
Gordon is the last one I would trade as he is perfect fit with Jokic.
I would like to bring Vezenkov to this team. His doesn't have a lot of value but he is the perfect cutter.
Ideally I would trade Murray and MPJ for a top20 player plus a lot of depth.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,176

Post#63 » by druggas » Wed May 8, 2024 11:57 am

Why would anyone think to break them up? Just add more pieces.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,937

Post#64 » by Jadoogar » Wed May 8, 2024 11:57 am

sounds like a realgm poster wrote this. If you don't win a title every year, you're trash. Sometimes you get unlucky bounces and you lose, it happens.
This guy would have broken up the Spurs after their first title.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,865

Post#65 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 12:01 pm

Nah. They know it's the Avs' turn to bring a title to Denver this year...Makar is simply the best player in the city, in either sport...so the Nuggets are just playing out the string.

Next year they'll be back more rested, hungrier, deeper, and they'll hope Murray is healthy. If that's not enough, then they'll consider making massive changes.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,425

Post#66 » by DaddyCool19 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:17 pm

If they view MPJ as a health risk this offseason would probably be perfect to trade him. Dude was an iron man this year and his contract shouldn't be viewe badly anymore
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,569

Post#67 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 12:18 pm

LaMelo for Murray straight up let's do it!
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,052

Post#68 » by Wingy » Wed May 8, 2024 12:23 pm

TheShow2021 wrote:
Wingy wrote:
The Wolves are about to hit the 2nd apron themselves unless they want to let SloMo walk. Like Denver they have no picks, and also rely heavily on a 37 year old Mike Conley to steer the ship. Things can change fast.

I agree this very well could be the Wolves' peak and the real probability is higher than most fans would imagine, but Denver as a team is clearly declining (at what speed is debatable). Denver should still try to improve if the opportunity presents itself even if that means breaking up their core and a potential move looks "risky".

Clearly declining seems questionable. Everyone’s in their prime except KCP. Joker is the only one about to hit 30 next Feb, but his game clearly isn’t based on athleticism.

Right or wrong they’ve gambled heavily on a young bench and their ability to improve it. If they’re right, and hit on a solid vet min piece, we could see a better version of this year’s team. Of course the other direction is possible if the youngsters are all misses.

Either way, they don’t need to make any drastic moves. I think a talent for talent trade might make sense, I wouldn’t be against that. Certainly not some blow up, or young for old.

Think the Rockets when they got Clyde for their repeat. Yeah, Clyde was 32, but the main piece they moved out was the same age. If you can move Murray, or MPJ for another high end player in their mid-late 20s that makes sense, sure.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,940

Post#69 » by basketballRob » Wed May 8, 2024 12:27 pm

The Orlando Magic get their 2025 pick, so they can't blow things up this year.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,291

Post#70 » by God Squad » Wed May 8, 2024 12:35 pm

basketballRob wrote:The Orlando Magic get their 2025 pick, so they can't blow things up this year.

They'll never blow it up next year, even if the lose. So rest assured, the magic will get a late pick next year.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,286

Post#71 » by HotRocks34 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:53 pm

Mavrelous wrote:I disagree on breaking up a great and young team, but Adam Mares is very knowledgeable and great listen, not a clown or a hot take dispenser...

He definitely is.

As Booker said, maybe retool is a better word.

I think Mares feels, though, that a major change is needed.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,719

Post#72 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:57 pm

I know this might get flamed a little bit on here, but I'm hoping that Jokic/Doncic are communicating quietly and privately about a team up a la LeBron/Wade/Bosh. I'd prefer to see it in Denver, but Dallas wouldn't be a bad option. He could go to Denver brass and state "hey, I've led y'all to the promised land and now would like a favor returned - trade me to Dallas without tearing apart their team"... something like Jokic for a bunch of picks (2nds), Kleber, THJ, Powell and Washington.

We're now heading into Jokic's 9th season and the man hasn't played with a single all-NBA, all-star, or all-defensive team player in his entire career. The only one in his vicinity during the first 8 years was KG who had 2 such teammates. Time for him to team up with another superstar and star.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,286

Post#73 » by HotRocks34 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:57 pm

Wingy wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
jkvonny wrote:This sounds like a panic move by some bloggers.

Blow it up? Are they crazy??

This guy has covered the team for years. He's solid.

If you can't beat Minny, there are no more rings.

And Minny was built to beat the current Nuggets.

I think the guy is right.

Imagine it’s next year’s playoffs. Denver’s former player roster is healthy. Minnesota is not. Denver could’ve won the championship, but oops. They broke up their team over a single matchup!

The Wolves are about to hit the 2nd apron themselves unless they want to let SloMo walk. Like Denver they have no picks, and also rely heavily on a 37 year old Mike Conley to steer the ship. Things can change fast.

Interesting. That could change things (apron).
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 949

Post#74 » by Special_Puppy » Wed May 8, 2024 12:58 pm

They literally just need to surround Jokić with a healthier/better supporting cast and they’ll be fine
dennythedino
Senior
And1: 620

Post#75 » by dennythedino » Wed May 8, 2024 1:03 pm

They just need a secondary ballhandler/glue guy in the 2nd unit like Bruce Brown from last year.

Maybe try to get Bruce Brown back or see if Alex Caruso is available from the Bulls (although the price might be too high). Haywood Highsmith from the Heat might also be an option (free agency incoming).
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 378

Post#76 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 8, 2024 1:05 pm

God Squad wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Orlando Magic get their 2025 pick, so they can't blow things up this year.

They'll never blow it up next year, even if the lose. So rest assured, the magic will get a late pick next year.
According to the OP, every team that loses a playoff series NEED to break up their team Lol
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,955

Post#77 » by TheGeneral99 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:16 pm

Talk about a hot take, lol.

This issue the Nuggets have this year is depth.
cgf
RealGM

Post#78 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 1:18 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:I know this might get flamed a little bit on here, but I'm hoping that Jokic/Doncic are communicating quietly and privately about a team up a la LeBron/Wade/Bosh. I'd prefer to see it in Denver, but Dallas wouldn't be a bad option. He could go to Denver brass and state "hey, I've led y'all to the promised land and now would like a favor returned - trade me to Dallas without tearing apart their team"... something like Jokic for a bunch of picks (2nds), Kleber, THJ, Powell and Washington.

We're now heading into Jokic's 9th season and the man hasn't played with a single all-NBA, all-star, or all-defensive team player in his entire career. The only one in his vicinity during the first 8 years was KG who had 2 such teammates. Time for him to team up with another superstar and star.

Jokic, Brunson, OG, and the Nova boys would be a pretty fun combo...just saying...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#79 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 1:20 pm

dennythedino wrote:They just need a secondary ballhandler/glue guy in the 2nd unit like Bruce Brown from last year.

Maybe try to get Bruce Brown back or see if Alex Caruso is available from the Bulls (although the price might be too high). Haywood Highsmith from the Heat might also be an option (free agency incoming).

If Caruso is available Rose better be beating down AK's door, even if the price is too high :lol:

Thibs could have one of Brunson/Randle on the court at all times, and one of Caruso/Anunoby, before closing with all 4 of them + one of Robinson / Hartenstein / Achiuwa at the rim *drools*

homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,770

Post#80 » by homecourtloss » Wed May 8, 2024 1:32 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Cause they down 0-2 …. It’s over - they didn’t win a ring last year and don’t have a 3 time mvp…. So yeah break and try to get Beal for Jokic.

Denver gonna have to sweeten the deal with picks…

The person talking about this has covered the team for years and is a baller himself.

He sees it.

Sees what? This series isn’t even over yet. You don’t “blow up” a starting lineup that has been the best in the NBA for two+ years, something you only see on dynastic teams. They will have to make moves for sure, but that’s the nature of the NBA or any sport—it’s very difficult to continually win, especially when the talent pool keeps getting bigger every year.
HotRocks34 wrote:I see it too.
[/quote]
So this is what you see after all the “Westbrook has found his groove away from LeBron and the Lakers” visions?
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…

Return to The General Board