Will Luka end up as best player ever to never win MVP & ring?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Will Luka end up as best player ever to never win MVP & ring?

Yes. He will never win MVP & ring.
18%
No. He will win MVP but not ring.
27%
No. He will never win MVP but he will win ring.
3%
No. He will win MVP and also ring.
52%

Total votes: 67

r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,356

Re: Will Luka end up as best player ever to never win MVP & ring? 

Post#41 » by r0drig0lac » Wed May 8, 2024 6:14 pm

no!
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,902

Post#42 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 6:16 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:To win a championship?

You act like the Lakers aren't known for winning championships. They will attract stars always have always will. That plus the weather and marketing opportunities for his brand. There is life after basketball you know. These athletes are looking at the bigger picture.

Going to play with your buddy in a cold weather city is just not enough to choose over the Lakers imo.

Cmon bro I know you are smart. This is just from an agent perspective. You have to think about more than just playing with your buddy. A lot of NBA have best friends most of them never play together.

LeBron/Wade was the last best buddy to team up and that didn't even last long. Players are brands at the end of the day. Market size will always be the biggest factor.

Agent’s perspective? You’re an agent now? I thought you were a member of the Jokic family. Hard to keep up with a troll like you. Now let’s get back to goal of winning a championship what pieces do the Lakers have better than Jokic?

Lakers are a brand. They don't need pieces. They will attract them. LeBron went there when they were down bad. They got a championship in just a few years after that. I mean check the championship history who is at the top Lakers and Boston.

Boston sadly won most of their championships decades ago. The Lakers have been consistently winning championships every decade. This is what they do.

Please don't ask a Laker fans to sell you on coming there. They will laugh at you while they are on a beach in perfect weather. If you know you know.

You said an Agents perspective. You are an agent now? Since when? Last time you dm me saying you were one of the Jokic’s brothers. When did you become an agent?
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,613

Post#43 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 6:20 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Agent’s perspective? You’re an agent now? I thought you were a member of the Jokic family. Hard to keep up with a troll like you. Now let’s get back to goal of winning a championship what pieces do the Lakers have better than Jokic?

Lakers are a brand. They don't need pieces. They will attract them. LeBron went there when they were down bad. They got a championship in just a few years after that. I mean check the championship history who is at the top Lakers and Boston.

Boston sadly won most of their championships decades ago. The Lakers have been consistently winning championships every decade. This is what they do.

Please don't ask a Laker fans to sell you on coming there. They will laugh at you while they are on a beach in perfect weather. If you know you know.

You said an Agents perspective. You are an agent now? Since when. Last time you dm me saying you were one of the Jokic’s brothers. When did you become an agent?

No man I'm just talking. My posts seem to go over your head. You been talking about a DM I sent you months ago for the past 2 days.

Like it's time to move on man. I'm talking basketball not about what I sent you in a DM.

You're more than welcome to reply to me via DM. Otherwise you are killing this thread with talk that has nothing to do with basketball. I already got a warning from a mod about talking about personal stuff. Sorry I can't entertain non basketball talk. :D
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#44 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 6:25 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Lakers are a brand. They don't need pieces. They will attract them. LeBron went there when they were down bad. They got a championship in just a few years after that. I mean check the championship history who is at the top Lakers and Boston.

You said an Agents perspective. You are an agent now? Since when. Last time you dm me saying you were one of the Jokic’s brothers. When did you become an agent?

No man I'm just talking. My posts seem to go over your head. You been talking about a DM I sent you months ago for the past 2 days.

Like it's time to move on man. I'm talking basketball not about what I sent you in a DM.

You're more than welcome to reply to me via DM. Otherwise you are killing this thread with talk that has nothing to do with basketball. I already got a warning from a mod about talking about personal stuff. Sorry I can't entertain non basketball talk. :D

You said from an agent’s perspective. Implying you are an agent. See it is hard when you troll and lie. That’s my point. How do we believe anything coming from you. You say you are just talking. No you are trolling I have been here long enough to see trolls come and go.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#45 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 6:26 pm

Anyways. Luka is not leaving the mavs and I believe he has the talent to win a chip. He is only 25 years old
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,592

Post#46 » by JRoy » Wed May 8, 2024 6:29 pm

Way too early.

He is very young and has a long career ahead of him.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 951

Post#47 » by bubonicphoniks » Wed May 8, 2024 6:35 pm

Lol

.....only realgm could make a Luka stan thread after last night
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,083

Post#48 » by bledredwine » Wed May 8, 2024 6:39 pm

It's a tough call.

I just know that if Dirk could, he can.
The issue is that Jokic, Wembanyama, Edwards's Wolves are all in the league.

The issue with Luka is that like that group of slash/dish players including Lebron, Harden, Giannis, prime Westbrook,
they fully rely on his ball dominance for offense.
This has it's pros and cons and the variety of players listed above tends to have trouble
sticking with one team because of that strong "flavor" for a lack of better words.

Like (prime) Harden/Lebron/Westbrook, I can see Luka possibly switching teams to get a competitive squad (though I hope not).

Jokic seems to be more effective with his squad and I wonder why. Probably because he also has the ability of playing from the post and inside/out.

Whatever, Luka will be one of my three favorite players regardless.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
swyftdahoe
Senior
And1: 534

Post#49 » by swyftdahoe » Wed May 8, 2024 6:45 pm

What? Given everything he's shown thus far, there's no way I'd bet against him doing both at least once. Time's still on his side.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#50 » by Lalouie » Wed May 8, 2024 6:49 pm

yes

every worthy goat has won a ring, and luka is a worthy goat
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,349

Post#51 » by CobraCommander » Wed May 8, 2024 6:59 pm

Man Luka 25 and won’t get a MVP or Ring ?

Wow already?
ChumboChappati
Junior
And1: 255

Post#52 » by ChumboChappati » Wed May 8, 2024 9:14 pm

He has a better chance of getting MVP than ring.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,135

Post#53 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 8, 2024 9:56 pm

I feel like Luka’s been pretty overrated this year, but come on, he just turned 25 and his game’s not reliant on speed and athleticism at all. He could be the MVP in 2032 and it wouldn’t surprise me. It’s like asking this question about Dirk in 2004.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,135

Post#54 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 8, 2024 10:11 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:I feel like Luka’s been pretty overrated this year, but come on, he just turned 25 and his game’s not reliant on speed and athleticism at all. He could be the MVP in 2032 and it wouldn’t surprise me. It’s like asking this question about Dirk in 2004.

This is actually an even more perfect comparison than I realized. Not only was Dirk playing for the Mavs in his age 25 season in 2004, but he was also facing the exact same type of threats. Luka has to deal with MVP Jokic in his prime coming off the best advanced stat stretch in history by BPM. Dirk had to deal with MVP KG coming off the best RAPM season in history. Luka has to fend off a generational rookie in Wemby. Dirk had to fend off a generational rookie in LeBron. ANT and Wade are up and coming 2 guards looking to take over the league. Shaq and Giannis are aging all-time vets on the back end of their prime. Embiid and Duncan are elite centers 2 years removed from the MVP. And SGA and Kobe are 2 guard superstars on the verge of being the best player in the league. It lines up perfectly.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,660

Post#55 » by schnakenpopanz » Wed May 8, 2024 10:29 pm

He might end up like Steve Nash.
Impressive player. Outstanding in every offensive aspect, but always unlucky or short in terms of team success
free steve nash!
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,603

Post#56 » by MavsDirk41 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:20 pm

Lol they are down 0-1….you guys act like the series is over already. Nothing like Realgm lol
PlatinumState
Starter
And1: 2,695

Post#57 » by PlatinumState » Wed May 8, 2024 11:25 pm

Dirk won his only ring at 33......just saying its still early for Lookah
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,727

Post#58 » by srhcan » Thu May 9, 2024 11:40 am

He played his best season ever (in whole NBA he was #1 in points per game, top 15 in rebounds and #2 in assists) and still only get 4 1st place votes for MVP. He is doomed.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,963

Post#59 » by Larry_Russell » Thu May 9, 2024 12:37 pm

He and Jokic are going to team up at some point.

And then he will win something.,
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#60 » by art_tatum » Thu May 9, 2024 12:42 pm

That mantle still belongs to monta Ellis

Return to The General Board