Gilbert Arenas texting Nuggets bench player (shocking)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Gilbert Arenas texting Nuggets bench player (shocking) 

Post#1 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:14 pm

Apparently Jokic told the team he’s done with the season and wants to go home. Honestly, I don’t blame him and think it’s time he either plots teaming up with another superstar (Doncic!) or asks the team to make significant moves (ie trade the bum Murray). He’s the only champ in recent years to win a title without any all star, all NBA, or All-D teammate! Meanwhile guys like Embiid have had peak Himmy Butler, superstar Harden, all star Simmons, all star Maxey, and an incredible cast of role players in Redick, Harris, etc.

If he wants to go to Dallas, the Nuggets owe him that and should honor the request by not gutting Dallas roster in the process.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/UQ02ULF8PVo
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,802

Re: Gilbert Arenas texting Nuggets bench player (shocking) 

Post#2 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:16 pm

So Jokic and Luka went from being the 2 best players in basketball to now plotting to team up together.

LMAO what a fuggin time to be alive! Just yesterday these dudes was HIM! Oh my how the opinions changed over a few games smh.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,330

Post#3 » by KyRo23 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:19 pm

Jokic's "I don't care about basketball" attitude got old awhile ago. I'm inclined to believe this isn't true, but I wouldn't doubt it at all. If the shoe fits...
Cubbies2120
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:21 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:So Jokic and Luka went from being the 2 best players in basketball to now plotting to team up together.

LMAO what a fuggin time to be alive! Just yesterday these dudes was HIM! Oh my how the opinions changed over a few games smh.

Playing with the worst cast in the NBA will do that to you.

Murray/Jackson at halftime in G2: 1/15 with putrid defense
AG: starts 5/5, then goes 4/9 rest of way
KCP: 0 shots at half time

Jokic is the most dominant offensive force in NBA history but he can’t make up for essentially a supporting cast that would struggle to win 7 games without him in an 82 game season. And that’s the current Nuggets!
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,176

Post#5 » by UcanUwill » Wed May 8, 2024 5:21 pm

I wont click cause I assume I would give Gilbert Arenas a view, but that man will say any nonsense that would make Jokic and other Europeans look crap, disguise it as "spilling facts", and his xenophobic audience will eat it up.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,772

Post#6 » by EmpireFalls » Wed May 8, 2024 5:23 pm

Hold on, we are taking Gilbert Arenas podcast clips where he lists an anonymous source as real reporting now?

What happened to the game I love.
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,911

Post#7 » by The Explorer » Wed May 8, 2024 5:24 pm

Don't believe this. Jokic just a week ago said winning is a lifestyle.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#8 » by Ambrose » Wed May 8, 2024 5:25 pm

If Gilbert Arenas told me the sky was blue, I'd need to go outside and double check to believe it.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,802

Post#9 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:25 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:So Jokic and Luka went from being the 2 best players in basketball to now plotting to team up together.

Jokic is the most dominant offensive force in NBA history but he can’t make up for essentially a supporting cast that would struggle to win 7 games without him in an 82 game season. And that’s the current Nuggets!
Y'all ripped Embiid and he has less than the Nuggets.

This team literally won a championship last season and people were calling them the next dynasty.

Now Jokic needs help lmao

Y'all are not fair with y'all criticism of certain players.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#10 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 8, 2024 5:25 pm

Jokic can’t be the GOAT if he quits on his team and leaves for more help….right LeBron fans?
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,012

Post#11 » by Special_Puppy » Wed May 8, 2024 5:26 pm

Delete
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,121

Post#12 » by sp6r=underrated » Wed May 8, 2024 5:26 pm

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,125

Post#13 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 8, 2024 5:27 pm

Not a serious source. But will people jump to attack Jokic anyway? Of course they will.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,012

Post#14 » by Special_Puppy » Wed May 8, 2024 5:28 pm

Delete
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,480

Post#15 » by durden_tyler » Wed May 8, 2024 5:28 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

This team literally won a championship last season and people were calling them the next dynasty.

Becauase Embiid is a known loser.

Anwyay, back to the thread topic: lesson is just don’t listen to Gilbert Arenas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,572

Post#16 » by ibraheim718 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:29 pm

Is he texting Deandre Jordan? That's my guess.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,961

Post#17 » by ForeverTFC » Wed May 8, 2024 5:30 pm

KyRo23 wrote:Jokic's "I don't care about basketball" attitude got old awhile ago. I'm inclined to believe this isn't true, but I wouldn't doubt it at all. If the shoe fits...

A guy with his lack of top end athleticism doesn't become one of the greatest basketball players to ever play the game without caring about basketball. His game is predicated on immense skill which takes a ton of reps to develop and perfect. This "Jokic doesn't even like basketball" schtick needs to be retired - and I don't understand why it's admired or said positively honestly. The game might not be everything to him like it is for KD for example, but there's a big gap between that and just not caring.
Ridicululz
Rookie
And1: 1,714

Post#18 » by Ridicululz » Wed May 8, 2024 5:31 pm

I'm not sure how reliable Gil is. Have a hard time believing Jokic actually said this during the middle of a series.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:32 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

Come again? You have to be trolling with Embiid having "less" than Jokic. :lol: He's been surrounded by all-stars every single year of his career... the 76ers took games off the Celtics last year with Embiid out - could the Nuggets beat the Hornets without Jokic?

Embiid also goes out each year with a whimper - his playoff drops are historic! Jokic is averaging 28/15/10 through these playoffs... how much more is he expected to do?

If Denver's supporting cast of bums was playing even mediocre basketball, we're talking steamrolling the playoffs but alas you people will glaze Murray for hitting a game winning shot or two despite being the reason they needed the shot. :lol:
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,434

Post#20 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed May 8, 2024 5:32 pm

You can never trust a word that comes out of Gilbert’s mouth, but Jokic did look a mentally checked out in game 2 so there might be some validity to this.

Return to The General Board