Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,486

Re: Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG 

Post#41 » by og15 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:30 am

Airmiess wrote:Did this guy get blackballed out the league or he just fell off ?

What would he be blackballed for? Not being good enough? That's just called forced retirement.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,802

Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG 

Post#42 » by sikma42 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:32 am

Bornstellar wrote:Evan Turner sure loves to yap for a bust that was out of the NBA by age 31

To be fair, he did a lot with his talent and has had a very successful life.

After watching PG have a full on mental breakdown in the playoffs, sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,802

Re: Evan Turner: I’ve never had a teammate more affected by the media or opinions than PG 

Post#43 » by sikma42 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:35 am

picc wrote:Why is Turner not allowed to talk about NBA stuff, but we realgm'ers who have never played an NBA game in our lives are?

What makes our constant, daily, civilian thoughts and opinions more qualified or appropriate than his?

If he was an accountant who never stepped foot on a NBA floor, would he be allowed to share opinions then?

This. It sounds silly to me and discounting his career is also a joke. Not really sure why he isn’t qualified speak on the game of basketball.

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#44 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 9, 2024 1:37 am

Isn’t this obvious though? He’s one that tries pretty hard to seem unbothered to the point where you can tell it’s a mask.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,297

Post#45 » by picc » Thu May 9, 2024 1:42 am

sikma42 wrote:
picc wrote:Why is Turner not allowed to talk about NBA stuff, but we realgm'ers who have never played an NBA game in our lives are?

What makes our constant, daily, civilian thoughts and opinions more qualified or appropriate than his?

If he was an accountant who never stepped foot on a NBA floor, would he be allowed to share opinions then?

This. It sounds silly to me and discounting his career is also a joke. Not really sure why he isn’t qualified speak on the game of basketball.

Lets ask all the posters mocking his career how many NBA all-star games they've played.

It must be a lot since they feel so comfortable talking ish here every day.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,347

Post#46 » by doogie_hauser » Thu May 9, 2024 1:51 am

Didn't PG have bit of a feud with Dame after Lillard sent PG and the Clippers packing from the playoffs several years ago with that memorable series winning buzzer beater ?
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,217

Post#47 » by MrBigShot » Thu May 9, 2024 2:08 am

Not a great look for Evan Turner to be criticizing a guy who is 100x the player he could dream of being. Turner was a huge bust. At worst he was a guy that should've made 1 or 2 all star teams, instead he was a journeyman who was a serviceable role player on a couple of teams.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James

Return to The General Board